• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 29 years!

    Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

    Come check it out for a chance to win a Free TUG membership (or renewal) just for helping out!

    Read more here
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $19,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

    Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $19 Million dollars
  • Our 2022 Timeshare Survey is now complete and the full results as well as our expert and witty analysis of each question is available here: Here We hope you enjoy reading the results as much as we did!
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! 50,000+ subscribers! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

    Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

exchange granted now what?

travelbrite

newbie
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
New Jersey
I deposited my 2 br Marriott Aruba Surf club unit in which i received a bonus week and put in a few requests.
I request St. Kitts (one specific week) and Spain, 2 places a larger travel date window. I just got confirmed for St. Kitts, so now what are my options I think i have 24 hours to accept it or decline it? If i decline it there are no guarantees i will get the spain weeks. Has anyone declined their 1st confirmation and held out for something else?
 

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2007
Messages
8,849
Reaction score
2,031
Points
648
Location
New England Coast
Easy decision...

I deposited my 2 br Marriott Aruba Surf club unit in which i received a bonus week and put in a few requests.
I request St. Kitts (one specific week) and Spain, 2 places a larger travel date window. I just got confirmed for St. Kitts, so now what are my options I think i have 24 hours to accept it or decline it? If i decline it there are no guarantees i will get the spain weeks. Has anyone declined their 1st confirmation and held out for something else?
As Clint Eastwood asked in Dirty Harry....."Do you feel lucky?":shrug:

If you have been offered exactly what you actually requested, why on earth would you even consider now declining it, for the mere possibility of your other choice being maybe (...only maybe) being offered later? :confused:

It's your decision, of course, but it sure seems like a "no brainer" to me...
 
Last edited:

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2007
Messages
2,654
Reaction score
22
Points
423
:eek: Are you kidding?! Except it!!! Then save for your plane ticket? That is not an easy trade in my book.
 

travelbrite

newbie
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
New Jersey
i may decline it because i can get that same unit in Nov. with a bonus AC. I got an AC when i deposited my week and was planning to use it this Nov. I just checked and it looks like there will be availability at the St Kitts in Nov, so now i can expand my Spain travel window.
 

travelbrite

newbie
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
New Jersey
i did decline it and put in for Spain only, since that is where i really want to go. I will try to get st. Kitts using my bonus AC, as it looks like it will be available. With 2 properties and 7 weeks to choose from, hopefully Spain will come thru.
 

Blondie

TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
1,539
Reaction score
17
Points
398
Location
New England
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Become a member and check the sightings board- valuable info there now which may be of help to you...
 

Kola

TUG Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
1
Points
36
i did decline it and put in for Spain only, since that is where i really want to go. I will try to get st. Kitts using my bonus AC, as it looks like it will be available. With 2 properties and 7 weeks to choose from, hopefully Spain will come thru.
While some resorts in Spain are generally available it depends which 7 weeks you have chosen. Summer is very competitive mostly because of millions of European tourists. Of the two Marriotts in Spain I would recommend Playa Andaluza because of superior location and its newer facilities. Keep in mind that most Spanish beaches are a step below what you generally find in Florida.

K.
 
Top