• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Every Year, KAANAPALI BEACH CLUB 1-52, (HILTON / BLUEGREEN) PLUS ONE BANKED WEEK FREE

almost retired

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a Kaanapali Beach club Float week with Scenic View and I can book any week I want a year with this week, Maintenace fees are around 1900 a year. I have owned this timeshare for 20 years now and just no longer fits our needs, I normally book Christmas / New Years week and rent it out most years. Rents out quite easily on Redweek.

This is a free week timeshare and when I say free, there is no closing cost. I will pay for getting the deed completed and transferred. I currently have one week in Destination Exchanges and this will move over to you. DEX is a great trading company and has a lot of HILTON inventory sitting there for the taking.

I just went to a Bluegreen update and Bluegreen was looking to take this week and use it for upgrading into their system, but I declined. So this could be a good opportunity for anyone that wants to get int the Hilton or Bluegreen point system as this was a resale week that I purchased 20 years ago and Bluegreen was going to give me as if I was first time owner. This could be a great negotiation week.

For me I kept this in the traditional timeshare owning a "deeded" week and there is not many of these owners left. Having a traditional week does have some advantages and if you want to get other weeks, using the Destination Exchange works quite well. This week gives me a #4 trading. Please email me at msyvonne85@aol.com

MichaelSD007

Reaction score
Is this a Hilton where you get points to use to book your week? We were just in Oahu and were presented with an offer for ~8,000 points. And we could use the points at the deeded property, or elsewhere if we wish. Is this like that? Also, just curious how the fires may have affected the resort, if at all?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
The fire was in Lahaina, and the resorts area is on Ka'anapali Beach which is a few miles away. and the fire was no where close.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Also, just curious how the fires may have affected the resort, if at all?

Most of the refugees have moved out of the Kaanapalli resorts and the Lahaina Strong fishing camp on Kaanapalli Beach has disbanded. There may be a worker shortage in Kaanapalli due to the fire and people moving out of the area for housing.

Bill

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
This is a kind offer and a very nice resort with ocean views from many rooms. It is situated right on the beach and Kaanapali boardwalk. Grocery store and food trucks adjacent. The pool area is nice.

If I didn't already own my quota of timeshares, I would be interested. Deeded HGV/DRI weeks are superior.

Last edited:

JONC777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham 500000
bluegreen
Kahana Beach Club
Sands at Kahana
Westin Lagunamar 2BRLO FLOAT
Tree Tops Gatlinburg ( 1 BR and 2BR)
what are the MF fees for this unit?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
It sounds like this is a Deeded Unit not Points in DRI. This is a Deeded Mountain View not Ocean View. What is the size of the Unit (Studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom)? When was the week deposited in DEX? Normally these have to be used with in 2 years of Deposit.

almost retired

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds like this is a Deeded Unit not Points in DRI. This is a Deeded Mountain View not Ocean View. What is the size of the Unit (Studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom)? When was the week deposited in DEX? Normally these have to be used with in 2 years of Deposit.
The maintenance fees are $1903 a year and it is a 1 bedroom that trades for a level 4 with DEX. I get 5 years with DEX, I don't know if it is different with deeded weeks verses points but 5 years is great, it is also a great way to bank so you can go on a long back to back vacations, My DEX week that is currently deposited does not expire until December 31 of 2025, My week I deposited was the Covid week 2020. And never used it and yes, it is defiantly available to use through all of 2025. I was told this will transfer to the new owner if I do not use the week prior. Which if I get a taker soon, I don't intend on using it.

almost retired

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a kind offer and a very nice resort with ocean views from many rooms. It is situated right on the beach and Kaanapali boardwalk. Grocery store and food trucks adjacent. The pool area is nice.

If I didn't already own my quota of timeshares, I would be interested. Deeded HGV/DRI weeks are superior.
You are correct, they are superior, and not too many left....

almost retired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this a Hilton where you get points to use to book your week? We were just in Oahu and were presented with an offer for ~8,000 points. And we could use the points at the deeded property, or elsewhere if we wish. Is this like that? Also, just curious how the fires may have affected the resort, if at all?
This is the old traditional superior week where you trade into DEX and get to book other resorts, Hilton and non Hilton. or you just book your week and get firs bids on home resort at Kaanapali Beach club

almost retired

TUG Member
Reaction score
It seems like this last year is when they went up the most, but I think it is pretty much the same for all resort, I have not been monitoring year after year. But after owning for 20 years maybe averages $35. I think when I first bought it 20 years ago it was about $1200 a year. It has a decent kitchen, full refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, and could always request a hot plate if needed. It is overall a great place. We have enjoyed it when we would stay. Most times I rented it quite easily