• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Europe Family Vacation Summer 2007

Fitzriley

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Wyndham
We are just starting to look at the possiblilty of 3 weeks in Europe in late June to July of 2007. 2 weeks would be timeshare, 1 week at a friend's home in Switzerland. We will be a family of 4 (Mom, Dad and 2 kids, 6 and 8 at the time of travel. Thinking of Germany for 1 week and Italy for the 2nd. We have not yet traveled in Europe with the kids and would appreciate any suggestions of places to stay, things to see, things to avoid. My husband was there 15 years ago for a few months, but I am sure everything is different now.

Thanks,
Joan

Last edited:

artlover

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
June and July in Europe are high season, so it's good that you're planning in advance. I don't know who your timeshare co. is, but from my own experience and what I've gathered here, Italy is very difficult to get (we couldn't get it when our daughter was studying in Siena last May.)

I love Spain and there are lots of places on the beach where you could combine a beach trip with some great sightseeing. Offhand, I think with kids, Nerja would be a top location for this because it's smaller, good beaches, and great caves. Plus there are lots of t.s. there.

Check out guidebooks at bookstores and explore sites such as Fodors.com and RickSteves.com etc. as well as websites such as eurotrip.com; slowtravelcom, spainlist.com, spainalive.com, or just google various places and see what appeals to you.

Have fun planning...and let your kids get involved--they'll enjoy it too (that's how I've ended up with an "Italian daughter!")

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Italy to me means Florence and Rome.
Both belong on the 'things I'll see before I die' list, but
Summer + two young children = two strikes against

Loes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Joan,

For southern Germany you could try Ferienclub Oberstaufen. A very nice resort with some children's facilities (see the Mondi holiday website www.mondiholiday.de ). Things to do with young children in the area: a ride with a cablecar (several cablecars available in the area), visit the famous castle of mad king Ludwig: Neuschwanstein, a trip to lake Bodensee where you can take a boatride. For Italy it will be hard to get a timeshare in summer, unless you want to stay in the Italian Alps. You could also consider a mobile home rental on a campsite, for instance at Lake Garda or the Adriatic coast, both very good areas to stay with kids and not too far from Venice, which will probably be interesting for your children as well. A reputable rental company of mobile homes and tents is canvas holidays: www.canvasholidays.co.uk .

Loes.

ojoy

Reaction score
Europe w/family

We used "Take Your Kids to Europe" and it was really quite useful for kid-friendly ideas.

Giselherr

TUG Member
Reaction score
For Italy, if at all possible

Try to get to Pompey and Herculaneum -- it's a bit far to go, but you'll get a better feel for the Roman Empire world than you will from Rome.

For Germany, check to see if the Landshuter Hochzeit is scheduled at the time you will be there. This should really fascinate the kids if it is as, when I was there, they had jousting with knights wearing armor, etc, etc.

Fitzriley

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Wyndham
Thank you for all of your ideas. I will order the books at Amazon and have fun planning where to go!

katrina1234

Reaction score
Japanese going to Egypt on a package tour

I'm a Japanese going to Egypt on a package tour in May 07. The agent with whom I booked uses a firm called Executive travel in Egypt. Has anyone had any dealings with this company? Any feedback anyone can offer on the hotels and Nile cruisers they use? I want to know your opinion. Do you have any information on Tour Company called on executive travel? Thanks a lot.

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Wonder how the OP's trip went? :)

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Summer heat can be brutal, especially in Florence and Rome.
If you can go in June and not July the odds of getting tolerable weather will be more in your favor.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This thread is hilarious.

A dormant thread - two years old - comes alive again.

The new life purports to be for a tour that Katrina plans to take .... last year.

Then rklein responds to the OP (posted over two years ago) with virtually the same response he gave over two years ago.

I think I'll resume planning my 2007 vacation now.

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then rklein responds to the OP (posted over two years ago) with virtually the same response he gave over two years ago.

So much for my powers of memory, but at least I'm consistent!

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife, two daughters, four grandchildren and one son-in-law are planning to go to Italy and Greece in July 2009, any recommendations?

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Thanks for the laughs guys. This made my day. :banana:

Brian

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My DW and I hope to celebrate our 25th with a "points" vacation in Italy in 2010. It was only natural for me to read this thread. I had no idea of the date, and it really spaced me out with that first (second time around) post. I actually read it a couple f times before moving to the next post. :confused:

Anyhow, I'll make it a point to come back at a later date to plan this trip semi-publically here on TUG. Hoping that Brian, Dave, Pat (camachinist) and a few others can chime in on the open forum at that time. :D