• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Esky offer to buy

Haramara

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BelAir Membership
Have you heard of an offer to purchase from a Mexican business called Esky?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
No, but I've also never heard of any LEGITIMATE offer out-of-the-blue to purchase a Mexican timeshare by any company.

Reactions: RX8

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Puerto Vallarta; Lake Tahoe Beach & Ski, South Lake Tahoe
I agree with Karen. I'd go further and say you aren't likely to get a legitimate out of the blue offer from ANY company, Méxican or not.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you heard of an offer to purchase from a Mexican business called Esky?

Sounds like they want you to think it is "Etsy" but it isn't.

Run away as quickly as you can. They will string you along and want special taxes, fees and all sorts of phantom charges before you figure out you've been had.

Keep in mind that Mexican Timeshares are not deeded at all. All you own is a membership..........

A membership is likely worth little or nothing on the resale market.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Scam

Esky is a legit travel company providing flights and hotels. The scammer is just using their name. Not the first time a scammer used the name of a legit travel company either. Below is a thread about a scammer, maybe the same scammer, using the name of legit Airgorilla.

Haramara

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BelAir Membership
A cold call. Offered more than I paid.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

SCAM

PS- when one scammer has your phone number - THEY ALL HAVE YOUR NUMBER ....you will keep getting these phone calls .

I get up to half a dozen a month, and had 2 to my cell, while in Puerto Vallarta in Feb 2020 .

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score

Those are the two main hallmarks of the typical timeshare resale scam. Why would someone call you out of the blue wanting to pay more for something than it is worth?

Time Traveler reported above how the scam works. The scammers will ask you to wire money to Mexico to cover these bogus charges.

Reactions: RX8

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Puerto Vallarta; Lake Tahoe Beach & Ski, South Lake Tahoe
Sounds like they want you to think it is "Etsy" but it isn't.

Run away as quickly as you can. They will string you along and want special taxes, fees and all sorts of phantom charges before you figure out you've been had.

Keep in mind that Mexican Timeshares are not deeded at all. All you own is a membership..........

A membership is likely worth little or nothing on the resale market.

FYI - not all Méxican timeshares are right-to-use. The Lindo Mar, in Puerto Vallarta, is one that is different. I believe it's set up with a Méxican corporation holding the property, and a US corporation running the Méxican corporation. It was my understanding that what I purchased was either an investment in or part ownership of the US corporation, and as such I've been granted use of the Lindo Mar for a particular unit and week. A little more convoluted, but it means that my purchase wasn't for a contract set to expire as most right-to-use do, and that the US company holds assets of value that would be liquidated and distributed in the case that the Lindo Mar were to be converted to another use.

Still, as most timeshares, holds little value on the resale market :)