• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"Escrow" company for HRA purchase is lying and/or crooked. Next step?

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA, WMH, WDW, SDO, SMV, WLR, (WFlex-no more, sold)
I have purchased multiple weeks off ebay without a problem, but in Nov of 2020, I purchased a 2br lockoff Plat+ week at HRA on ebay (seller was lasiea) and the escrow company was A Family on Vacation. I am aware the escrow company has an F rating with the BBB. The purchase price was $200 plus splitting the closing costs with seller, so another $1,000, paid to escrow. Then Covid hit, so I knew closing would take a little longer then the usual 4-6 months. After multiple follow ups and being told they were "working on it" beginning in about Aug 2021, the "escrow officer" (Jaylee) started telling me the attorney was preparing the final docs, etc. The seller had already made a Dec 2021 reservation for me and then in Sept 2021, I had to pay the 2021 MF, and did use the Dec reservation. Before I paid the MF, I was able to contact the seller through multiple google searches and verify that he was trying to sell this unit though the same escrow to me. In Dec '21, Jaylee (again) told me, by email since they do not answer the phone, that it should only be a couple more weeks. I asked the seller to make a Dec 2022 reservation for me, and he did, but that required me having to pay the 2022 MF as well. Finally in late Feb '22, after another inquiry by me, Jaylee said that "accounting" had mailed the Bahama attorney the check, and it should be closing in a 2-3 weeks. I was furious, my understanding is the Bahama attorney's won't start anything till they are paid. I emailed Jaylee (long email detailing all of the delays and 2 week closing responses) and requested the name of the attorney in the Bahamas. She either ignored or just refused to answer, no response at all. In mid April, I asked for an update, again "the attorney's are working on it, they must be on island time". I again asked for the name of the Bahama attorney, so I could verify they were working on it. Again, crickets, no response.

My thought is to email her one more time for the attorney's name and give her 5 days to respond before filing a complaint with the FL attorney general for fraud, theft, and mail fraud. And also file a complaint with the BBB. At this point I don't think I will be paying any more MF's after my '22 use (assuming it hasn't closed by Dec '22). Any other options? For $1,200 I don't think it's worth hiring a private attorney.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I have purchased multiple weeks off ebay without a problem, but in Nov of 2020, I purchased a 2br lockoff Plat+ week at HRA on ebay (seller was lasiea) and the escrow company was A Family on Vacation. I am aware the escrow company has an F rating with the BBB. The purchase price was $200 plus splitting the closing costs with seller, so another $1,000, paid to escrow. Then Covid hit, so I knew closing would take a little longer then the usual 4-6 months. After multiple follow ups and being told they were "working on it" beginning in about Aug 2021, the "escrow officer" (Jaylee) started telling me the attorney was preparing the final docs, etc. The seller had already made a Dec 2021 reservation for me and then in Sept 2021, I had to pay the 2021 MF, and did use the Dec reservation. Before I paid the MF, I was able to contact the seller through multiple google searches and verify that he was trying to sell this unit though the same escrow to me. In Dec '21, Jaylee (again) told me, by email since they do not answer the phone, that it should only be a couple more weeks. I asked the seller to make a Dec 2022 reservation for me, and he did, but that required me having to pay the 2022 MF as well. Finally in late Feb '22, after another inquiry by me, Jaylee said that "accounting" had mailed the Bahama attorney the check, and it should be closing in a 2-3 weeks. I was furious, my understanding is the Bahama attorney's won't start anything till they are paid. I emailed Jaylee (long email detailing all of the delays and 2 week closing responses) and requested the name of the attorney in the Bahamas. She either ignored or just refused to answer, no response at all. In mid April, I asked for an update, again "the attorney's are working on it, they must be on island time". I again asked for the name of the Bahama attorney, so I could verify they were working on it. Again, crickets, no response.

My thought is to email her one more time for the attorney's name and give her 5 days to respond before filing a complaint with the FL attorney general for fraud, theft, and mail fraud. And also file a complaint with the BBB. At this point I don't think I will be paying any more MF's after my '22 use (assuming it hasn't closed by Dec '22). Any other options? For $1,200 I don't think it's worth hiring a private attorney.
William Pilcher at Lennox Paton & Co

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
William Pilcher at Lennox Paton & Co

Actually, I contacted them on my own just to see if they were handling it. Turns out, they were contacted by Jaylee in Dec '21 about our file, but never paid, so they have not done anything. I don't want to pay attorney fees again.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Actually, I contacted them on my own just to see if they were handling it. Turns out, they were contacted by Jaylee in Dec '21 about our file, but never paid, so they have not done anything. I don't want to pay attorney fees again.
Eesh, why didn’t she pay? Sounds like they took your money. Idk what’s worse, you possibly losing money via the sale or actually having the sale go through….. lord knows if you want to sell HRA you may be paying these fees again for someone else to take it from you. While I love HRA, I don’t love the Maint fees. I was lucky to give mine away. I still go with Star Option reservations.

IAMBIGK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this the same Jaylee?

Jaylee Fuentes
Title Team
Sell Timeshare, LLC
7208 W Sand Lake Rd, Ste. 305
Orlando, FL 32819
Phone: (800)865-1504
Fax: (407)-641-8393

sales@selltimeshare.org

info@selltimeshare.org

title@selltimeshare.org

I am experiencing the same problem with A Family on Vacation which is now AFOVpay, LLC which has a TON of other business names if you look up Jeffrey Glickman. Another member of Tug worked with the Florida Department of Real Estate to have his license REVOKED. Thank goodness! However, it looks like he is still doing business.

The eBay Seller was "David" and his eBay Seller name was SellTimeshare (which is no longer registered).

I have also purchased several timeshares via eBay over the years and (with a little follow-up) everything always went through and closed as expected. However, I believe I was scammed. My facts are basically the same. I contacted Mr. William Pilcher today and he has no documents related to my transaction.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have the sellers information maybe you could deal with them and the Bahama attorney directly? They probably paid an upfront fee to be rid of it, so might be willing to cover or split the Bahama attorney fee.

IAMBIGK

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have the sellers information maybe you could deal with them and the Bahama attorney directly? They probably paid an upfront fee to be rid of it, so might be willing to cover or split the Bahama attorney fee.
I contacted Vistana/Westin/Marriott and provided them with my information.

I also tried to message them via facebook.

They have the same last name as the scammer “GLICKMAN” it could be a coincidence or they could be in on it as well. I have no idea and am now super skeptical about any transaction.

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
I had an ebay purchase with this company/seller (and same closer Jaylee) late 2020/early 2021. It was an Aruba Ocean club week. It took a while (5 months) but it went through eventually. I remember the seller "david" was responsive at least in my case. I had similar concern with their low BBB rating at the time, but the deal was reasonably good to give them a try.

For some of the Caribbean weeks (Virgin islands, St Kitts, Bahamas), the closing cost is astronomically high (I was quoted close to $2k to close a St Kitts week). Not sure if this is what has caused the delay due to the increased attorney fees after pandemic.

IAMBIGK

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had an ebay purchase with this company/seller (and same closer Jaylee) late 2020/early 2021. It was an Aruba Ocean club week. It took a while (5 months) but it went through eventually. I remember the seller "david" was responsive at least in my case. I had similar concern with their low BBB rating at the time, but the deal was reasonably good to give them a try.

For some of the Caribbean weeks (Virgin islands, St Kitts, Bahamas), the closing cost is astronomically high (I was quoted close to $2k to close a St Kitts week). Not sure if this is what has caused the delay due to the increased attorney fees after pandemic.
Thank you for the feedback. Yes, "David" was awesome at first.

Since the property is in the Bahamas it does require a Bahama Attorney. I had researched this and "David" seemed to know all about it as well so I thought he was legit. We discussed the high fees that had to be paid to use the Bahama Attorney. I knew it would also take a little extra time. Since I haven't heard from anyone after requesting an update and had absolutely ZERO communication...I finally contacted the Bahama Attorney. "David" said they submitted the paperwork in late April/early May. The Bahama Attorney knew nothing about me, or the Seller...and confirmed he has not received any documents.

I've purchased SEVERAL resale timeshares over the years via eBay. Now...I'm super paranoid. Disappointing!

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is this the same Jaylee?

Jaylee Fuentes
Title Team
Sell Timeshare, LLC
7208 W Sand Lake Rd, Ste. 305
Orlando, FL 32819
Phone: (800)865-1504
Fax: (407)-641-8393

sales@selltimeshare.org

info@selltimeshare.org

title@selltimeshare.org

I am experiencing the same problem with A Family on Vacation which is now AFOVpay, LLC which has a TON of other business names if you look up Jeffrey Glickman. Another member of Tug worked with the Florida Department of Real Estate to have his license REVOKED. Thank goodness! However, it looks like he is still doing business.

The eBay Seller was "David" and his eBay Seller name was SellTimeshare (which is no longer registered).

I have also purchased several timeshares via eBay over the years and (with a little follow-up) everything always went through and closed as expected. However, I believe I was scammed. My facts are basically the same. I contacted Mr. William Pilcher today and he has no documents related to my transaction.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!

YES! Same people...still nothing has been done.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
These issues need to be reported to the Florida Attorney General. I know it seems like it is useless, but if everyone who was scammed reported them, the AG would take notice. The problem is that not enough people report the scam.

IAMBIGK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
These issues need to be reported to the Florida Attorney General. I know it seems like it is useless, but if everyone who was scammed reported them, the AG would take notice. The problem is that not enough people report the scam.
This. But you might also try these folks: https://www.fdacs.gov/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services

My mortgage was sold to Slimy Mortgage Co of Jacksonville FL. They were kiting checks etc so I refinanced to another company. They then refused to return my escrow money and kept trying to draw payments from my account. I filed complaints with a variety of folks, state and federal, but the one that did the trick was the consumer affairs division of the FL Dept of Ag and Consumer Affairs.

IAMBIGK

TUG Member
Reaction score
YES! Same people...still nothing has been done.
I connected with a TUG Member on Facebook. She worked with the State of Florida and Jeffrey Glickman's Florida Real Estate License has been revoked so that is a step in the right direction. However, he has so many different businesses and different business names that it is hard to research BEFORE you are scammed.

IAMBIGK

TUG Member
Reaction score
This. But you might also try these folks: https://www.fdacs.gov/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services

My mortgage was sold to Slimy Mortgage Co of Jacksonville FL. They were kiting checks etc so I refinanced to another company. They then refused to return my escrow money and kept trying to draw payments from my account. I filed complaints with a variety of folks, state and federal, but the one that did the trick was the consumer affairs division of the FL Dept of Ag and Consumer Affairs.
I added the link to my post above. Hoping everyone will report. Thank you!

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points

Seriously, Slimy Mortgage Co.? The name alone should have set your expectations!