• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Escapes! To Hot Springs

Debbyd57

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are considering an exchange into this resort and have some questions before deciding between it and Branson.

1) We would like to know how well-maintained the units are.

2) From one of the reviews it looks like as exchangers we would pay the family price for golf, is this price for the two of us or is it per person? If we don't pay the family price would we have to pay the higher guest price?

3) Does anyone know the difference between LO1 and LOS? Which one has nicer units? We will only have two adults.

Escapes to Bella Vista is also available. Does it have nicer units than Escapes to Hot Springs? Which one has less expensive golf?

Any other information about things to do or golfing would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Debby

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think LO1 would be the one beroom side and s is the studio side. You definitely want the one bedroom side.
We haven't been there in years, but it was very well maintained, the golf is very nice and reasonable
It is a big place, with homes all over and it could take half an hour to drive to one of the golf courses or 5 minutes to drive to another. In general, the newer, further away courses are more challenging.
They had a few activities such as a pontoon boat trip and a few restaurants.
One day we went to downtown Hot springs to see the historical section. Other than golf and fishing, not too much else to do.

Abaco-Bob

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The difference is LOS were built first and LO1 is the newer units. For info on the golf you might want to check out the Hot Springs Village web site www.hsvpoa.org

ABaco-Bob

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
If that is the case and you take a one bedroom, make sure you take the one with the full kitchen, that is roomier, has a whirlpool tub and a fireplace and is very nice.

cjareed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi - I have live at Bella Vista for 10 years and had a second home at Hot Springs Village for 3 years prior to moving to Bella Vista. We travel to Branson about 6 times a year and stay in timeshares while in Branson.

Are you mostly interested in golf or do you want more activities ?

We have had family stay in the timeshares at Bella Vista.

You might want to check out Bella Vista Property owner website (like the Hot Springs website). www.bvvpoa.com

If you want golf go to Hot Springs, they have more challenging courses that Bella Vista. Bella Vista only charged member rates for golf to my family when they were in the timeshare.

Bella Vista is an older Village than Hot Springs and has become more of a bedroom community for Bentonville and Rogers, AR (Walmart Headquarters). Hot Springs Village is more of a resort community (but out in the middle of nowhere). It takes about 35 to 50 minutes to go into Hot Springs city. Branson's Stonebridge Village only has one or two golf courses, but does have all of the Branson shows and shopping.

What month are you considering vacationing. This could also effect the choice of resort. Branson is totally shut down in Jan, Feb, and March.

I would be glad to answer any questions I can.

Debbyd57

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are planning on going this summer. I know it will be hot and humid but we are living in Hattiesburg, MS so I figure it will be better than that. We love to golf but I am not very good, so I don't need a challenging course. We have looked at the websites but it doesn't spell out the cost for an exchanger. We plan on a one bedroom with a full kitchen or a two bedroom. We were looking at Harrison Hot Springs over Bella Vista because it had more reviews that were newer. However, if anyone has stayed in Bella Vista and can give an updated opinion, we would consider that one also. Debby

cjareed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bella Vista has two sections of timeshares. One is really older, called the Greens. These are nice and big one level, then there is a new section - very close to the old section with multi story units. I have not seen inside, but outside pretty much looks like a small apt. complex - both are very near two of the multiple golf courses at Bella Vista.

Hot Springs was alot more strick about keeping carts on path (for golf). This is why we sold the house there and moved to Bella Vista Village. I am not a big fan of having to climb a hill to move the cart.

If I remember correctly Los Logos at Hot Springs Village is near the front of the village. These were older timeshare units when I had a home there 10 years ago. I am sure they have some newer units built by now.

You might call Escapes and ask them what the golf rates are at their Branson, Hot Springs, and Bella Vista timeshare units.

Last time I was in Hot Springs we stayed at Sunterra on the opposite end of town if was on Lake Hamilton. We went in winter and it was supposed to be lakefront, but they had reduced the water level of the lake (which I found out later that they do every few years) and there was no water on the inlet. We were diappointed.

Branson has a lot more to do than just golf, even though we don't generally go to the shows. There are always lots of units available in Branson.