• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Escape From Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta -- Public Transportation

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Resorts - Grand Luxxe Residential Loft
The Royal Haciendas
Villa del Palmar
Cabo Villas Beach Resort
American Resorts International - ARI's Holiday Network
Here's how to navigate to the bus stop (to go to Puerto Vallarta): (1) if you are staying at the Grand Bliss or the Grand Luxxe, take the shuttle to the Grand Mayan; (2) walk past the pool to the beach; (3) go right, and you will pass the Mayan Palace (older buildings) and the Sea Garden; (4) continue past the rock breaker; (5) you will see a white resort; (6) go up the few stairs and go around the restaurant or activities room; (7) there is a back-side entrance, go inside and up the stairs, turn right, and the exterior front door is on the left; (8) go outside and cross the street. Down about 750 feet you will find the bus stop to Puerto Vallarta. To the best of my knowledge (based upon a visit February 2017) there is no shuttle to the Puerto Vallarta bus from the taxi stand at Vidanta. It is my understanding with the opening of the tram to Cirque du Soleil there will be a stop for the main road (and the bus stop), between Vidanta and Cirque du Soleil.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Here's how to navigate to the bus stop (to go to Puerto Vallarta): (1) if you are staying at the Grand Bliss or the Grand Luxxe, take the shuttle to the Grand Mayan; (2) walk past the pool to the beach; (3) go right, and you will pass the Mayan Palace (older buildings) and the Sea Garden; (4) continue past the rock breaker; (5) you will see a white resort; (6) go up the few stairs and go around the restaurant or activities room; (7) there is a back-side entrance, go inside and up the stairs, turn right, and the exterior front door is on the left; (8) go outside and cross the street. Down about 750 feet you will find the bus stop to Puerto Vallarta. To the best of my knowledge (based upon a visit February 2017) there is no shuttle to the Puerto Vallarta bus from the taxi stand at Vidanta. It is my understanding with the opening of the tram to Cirque du Soleil there will be a stop for the main road (and the bus stop), between Vidanta and Cirque du Soleil.

Is the white resort you mention is Villa Vera - and the bus stop is across the road from OXXO ?

If so you can also reach it by walking through Vidanta's Sea Garden property , exiting at the end of the driveway - you can see the OXXO . It is less than 100 yards .

If I recall correctly - the bus to Puerto Vallarta that stops across from OXXO - is grey and is part of ATM bus company . It stops at the airport , PV Walmart ( near the cruise ship port) and hotel zone among other stops.
I think we had to change busses to get all the way to centro PV . The PV Walmart stop is a good place to change busses as both the PV and NV busses stop there .

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Resorts - Grand Luxxe Residential Loft
The Royal Haciendas
Villa del Palmar
Cabo Villas Beach Resort
American Resorts International - ARI's Holiday Network
The resort I mentioned was Villa Vera, and I couldn't remember the name. It's good to know one can cut through Vidanta's Sea Garden property. I will try it while I am at the Grand Luxxe October 28 -November 4th, 2017.

You are correct about Centro PV. You can take the ATM bus about 6 blocks past Walmart, before it turns left to begin the return trip. Sometimes I walk to the Malecon and Old Town, about 20-30 minutes, other times I take the local bus. By the way, the PV bus system is beginning to replace some of the older buses with newer buses. If Vidanta wants to captivate us inside the compound, they should provide a reasonably priced shuttle to the Malecon and the Romantic Zone.

I believe all Vidanta owners should petition Senor Daniel Chavez-Moran to construct a new Northwest and Northeast pedestrian gate. The Northwest gate would serve the restaurants and other amenities near the beach, and the Northeast gate would provide an entrance/exit for people going to the Paradise Village area. Before Vidanta "walled" us in, I use to go to the taxicab stand, and follow the road to the "T", where I walked to the right, and to the exterior of the compound. You could also board the bus near there, and guests and employees alike used that entrance.

I understand Vidanta's desire that guests patronize the restaurants inside the compound. However, I believe the guest should not be grossly inconvenienced, when they decide to patronize other local businesses.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
The resort I mentioned was Villa Vera, and I couldn't remember the name. It's good to know one can cut through Vidanta's Sea Garden property. I will try it while I am at the Grand Luxxe October 28 -November 4th, 2017. .......

I believe all Vidanta owners should petition Senor Daniel Chavez-Moran to construct a new Northwest and Northeast pedestrian gate. The Northwest gate would serve the restaurants and other amenities near the beach, and the Northeast gate would provide an entrance/exit for people going to the Paradise Village area. Before Vidanta "walled" us in, I use to go to the taxicab stand, and follow the road to the "T", where I walked to the right, and to the exterior of the compound. You could also board the bus near there, and guests and employees alike used that entrance.

I understand Vidanta's desire that guests patronize the restaurants inside the compound. However, I believe the guest should not be grossly inconvenienced, when they decide to patronize other local businesses.

There are a number of TUG threads regarding this topic . ( ie - exiting Vidanta - Big Nuevo Resort other than by taxi's ) the best ( and only current ) option remains the beach walk .Since the beach is public this option cannot be "walled "
Obviously - good mobility is needed to use the beach .

We personally prefer the Mayan Palace PV- Marina and the NV Sea Garden - because of their smaller footprint and easy access to public transportation and off resort ammenities .
That said - we really enjoyed the show at Santurio when we walked over from SG last February .

I was anecdotally told last year that a older gentleman who,owned Grand Luxe had stayed for multiple weeks at the NV Sea Garden for his GL - MF / usage fee - and preferred the smaller scale .
Others want everything Grand Luxxe has to offer and never leave the property . To each - Vidanta offers choice - without the requirements of All Inclusive .
IMO - Puerto Vallarta and Mexico has too many restaurant / food choices to make AI make sense for us .

Last edited: