• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Error message when logging in

lisa1001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Each time I've tried to log in today, I get the following error message:

"Something unexpected just happened"

no additional information is given.

Anyone else getting this error message?

Thanks

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Does your password clear out when that happens? It's a recurrent issue for me when using chrome. I can use safari or my cell phone and log in.

You can try clearing your cache. I have not. Easier to switch browsers. I just hate clearing my cache, messes with everything else I do. Contend Wyndham has an overly abundant amount of caching issues, but what would be the point in even trying to address this? Wyndham devs should be quite thankful I am not their BA/QA. History showed me the better the developer, they more they liked me as their BA/QA. I got into some pretty nasty fights with devs who coded crap like this.

Enter username, password, selecting recaptcha box, and clicking on login:

1631493066926.png

After clicking Login - the password resets to the tool tip (Password *) and you get Something unexpected just happens:

1631492824071.png

vv813

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can log in- but request point summary and it goes back to log in screen. So very frustrating. Also this is not first time it has happened. I had it start happening around the Aug. change. And it happens when doing other functions ( this was just the latest one)-- ugh

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I can log in- but request point summary and it goes back to log in screen. So very frustrating. Also this is not first time it has happened. I had it start happening around the Aug. change. And it happens when doing other functions ( this was just the latest one)-- ugh
I know what you mean there, too, I was getting knocked back to the login screen from time to time, sometimes having to login 3 or 4 times to successfully do anything. I haven't been on much in the last week or two and the last few days I haven't had any trouble with that for the few times I've been on.

BillyBob444

Reaction score
If you are using an Ad blocker such as ADBLOCKPLUS you have to pause it. I was having the same problem right after they "updated" the site

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
There is a tip at the top of the login page now (details how you can check your extensions for chrome):

HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IN?
If you are unable to log into your Club Wyndham account on Google Chrome, try disabling your extensions. Select the 3-dot icon in the top right corner of your browser, then go to "More Tools," then "Extensions." Disable any extensions shown and try logging in again.

And @BillyBob444 I am sure you are correct. I had an adblocker running. By disabling it I was able to login with chrome. I was hoping I could turn it back on, will have to play with that more. I did find by opening an incognito tab I could log on but this is probably a better solution. Thanks for your help figuring it out.

I do still sometimes have to login multiple times (get kicked out in the middle of something). And one of the logons on our account doesn't work (my niece hadn't logged in for awhile), can't reset the password, nor can the VC's, and they entered a ticket. So still login issues (the VC indicated for many) but they are working on them.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I get that messages, but it appears to have no effect on what I am doing.

However in the last week or so, I log in and I get to my screen and it kicks me back out, only to have to log in again. So I agree @Sandi Bo that you have to log in multiple times.