• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Eplus question on cancelling or making final trade

Arb

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in a mess. I know this. I waited to see whether my husband would be well enough after vascular surgery to go on a vacation with a long drive. Well, the second etrade I made is for a unit that starts one week from today: May 22. I've been online trying to find any other week that we could trade into that would not involve a long drive, and I see nothing -- mostly because i'm limited to trading for something 59 days or less in the future. I thought perhaps I should just cancel. but then I'd still be limited to the 59 days in the future, I suppose. I cannot find the eplus rules online. Anyway, if anyone reading this has any wisdom to share with me, please give me the benefits of your knowledge/experience. I didn't take any insurance because I thought gettng to retrade 3 times was enough insurance! Oh well. So much for thinking.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
PMing you.

Reactions: Arb

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in a mess. I know this. I waited to see whether my husband would be well enough after vascular surgery to go on a vacation with a long drive. Well, the second etrade I made is for a unit that starts one week from today: May 22.

With your third E-Plus, you should be able to book as far out as July 22nd. If you do that first and cancel, your cancellation replacement certificate should not be restricted. The key is the final trade has to check-in more than 60 days from the day your cancel. I did this last year. You will have to pay a new exchange fee when using the replacement certificate which is good for 1 year from cancellation.

Arb

TUG Member
Reaction score
With your third E-Plus, you should be able to book as far out as July 22nd. If you do that first and cancel, your cancellation replacement certificate should not be restricted. The key is the final trade has to check-in more than 60 days from the day your cancel. I did this last year. You will have to pay a new exchange fee when using the replacement certificate which is good for 1 year from cancellation.
Sadly, the system won't let me search any further out than July 20. I think this is because my current reservation starts Sunday, May 22.

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any re-trade with check-in July 17-20 is more than 60 days and should work. I recommend you call tomorrow to work with agent.

Arb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any re-trade with check-in July 17-20 is more than 60 days and should work. I recommend you call tomorrow to work with agent.
Thank you. I'm stressing.

Arb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to cancel my current trade without immediately rebooking? And then continuing to look outwards for a new third trade?

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to cancel my current trade without immediately rebooking? And then continuing to look outwards for a new third trade?
If you cancel, you will lose your 3rd e-plus, but can get a cancellation replacement (I think you have to call for it). You have to pay a new exchange fee, but will be restricted to 59 days before check-in.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Arb

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just went through this. I used my last e trade to get me out of flex and then called and cancelled to get a replacement week. It was good for a year from cancellation.
Find something with a Monday start of july 18th (marriott has some out available now) , e trade into it and then call tomorrow to cancell.

I had a thread about this topic: (41) II - Preparing to cancel and take a replacement week | Timeshare Users Group Discussion Forums (tugbbs.com)

Thank you so much for the advice on my dilemma. I just reserved a week with a check in date of July 18. I plan to call in the a.m.to cancel it. Must I ask for a replacement week? Do I need to use any specific words when I call? Again, thank you. You've given me some relief in a situation I didn't plan for. As I understand things, if I cancel tomorrow, I will have a year to use my week without restrictions of flexchange. That sounds good.
Carole

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
May 22, 2022 + 59 days = July 20, 2022, a Wednesday.

Maui Banyan is currently out there with a check-in day of Wed, July 20, 2022

(For others trying to maximize e-plus dates for a dummy retrade, I usually use these resorts in Las Vegas, which have check-in every day of the week: Tahiti, Tahiti Village & Club de Soleil.)
---
Edit: I hadn't seen your update when I posted. Your replacement week will give you a year from the date you receive it, and you'll be able to place a request.

Where do you hope to go?

Last edited:

Arb

TUG Member
Reaction score
May 22, 2022 + 59 days = July 20, 2022, a Wednesday.

Maui Banyan is currently out there with a check-in day of Wed, July 20, 2022

(For others trying to maximize e-plus dates for a dummy retrade, I usually use these resorts in Las Vegas, which have check-in every day of the week: Tahiti, Tahiti Village & Club de Soleil.)
---
Edit: I hadn't seen your update when I posted. Your replacement week will give you a year from the date you receive it, and you'll be able to place a request.

Where do you hope to go?
Since I did my 3rd eplus trade for July 18, will I be in a flexchange situation one I cancel that trade?

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the advice on my dilemma. I just reserved a week with a check in date of July 18. I plan to call in the a.m.to cancel it. Must I ask for a replacement week? Do I need to use any specific words when I call? Again, thank you. You've given me some relief in a situation I didn't plan for. As I understand things, if I cancel tomorrow, I will have a year to use my week without restrictions of flexchange. That sounds good.
Carole

When you call today, just tell them you would like to cancel that exchange and ask for a replacement week. The replacement week should be good until May 2023

Arb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mission accomplished. Thank you so much. This morning, I called II's customer service line just past 8am, had no wait, the rep cancelled my exchange and gave me a replacement week. The new week expires 5/16/23. After searching the II pages without finding the answers I needed, I turned to my wonderful TUG colleagues and got very specific, accurate info. Thank you again. I was stressed, and you guided me with your steady virtual hands!