• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Eplus any good or too late

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
With Trumps ban we won’t be getting to NCV next week, am absolutely gutted I have to say as been booked over a year. Will I have lost it now or can the eplus help me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a bad one. When is the check in day. Did you purchase e-plus already.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Check in with Exchange is March 20th (I have 1 night 19th booked with DP), yes purchased Eplus already just never used it before. It’s 4am here and just absolutely gutted.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes, you can and you should do this on the 19th to optimize your window as it is 59 days from the e-plus day. I think you can cancel the DP res and get restricted points to use within 59 days.

Sorry about that. I canceled my NVC checking in March 22 due to the Corona virus as well.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Thanks, just don’t know what to be doing as everything is changing daily. Is there any chance Trumps decision will be reversed. When do you rebook for etc... sorry you have had to cancel too.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, just don’t know what to be doing as everything is changing daily. Is there any chance Trumps decision will be reversed. When do you rebook for etc... sorry you have had to cancel too.

I see you are in Spain? I think it's doubtful it will be reversed. Eplus will allow you to use it later. DP cancellation does go to holding account.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
I see you are in Spain? I think it's doubtful it will be reversed. Eplus will allow you to use it later. DP cancellation does go to holding account.

I have never had an eplus before so I try now book for 59 days out and even if I can’t get NCV I book anything to just hold it and then manually try rebook NCV. Don’t fancy my chances but don’t really want to waste my exchange on changing to Orlando where I could get a getaway for 300-400€.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never had an eplus before so I try now book for 59 days out and even if I can’t get NCV I book anything to just hold it and then manually try rebook NCV. Don’t fancy my chances but don’t really want to waste my exchange on changing to Orlando where I could get a getaway for 300-400€.

I’ve used eplus before
your eplus should expire one year from the start of the exchange you bought it for but since you are now in flexchange you can only book 59 days from the start of you stay.
you have 3 eplus exchanges to find your vacation so with flexchange that can get you out 6 months.
your trading power with eplus should match that of your original week.

you should wait until 1 or 2 days from your current trip and then use your first eplus to book another Marriott of the same size out as far as possible (59 days From the start of that original stay).
that buys you 2 months to look for what you really want for your vacation.

if you don’t find anything within that time you could again wait until a day or 2 from the start of that 1st eplus stay and use your 2nd to book out again as far as possible (59 days). Then you will have 1 more eplus exchange and 2 months from that 2nd booking to find your trip.

Last edited:

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
I did just the above a few months ago. When I got to my 3rd trade I called and talked to Customer Relations and he was able to book a week for me 4-5 months past my 3rd trade end-date. Customer Relations, not the regular reps.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Who do you call for customer relations?

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
I did just the above a few months ago. When I got to my 3rd trade I called and talked to Customer Relations and he was able to book a week for me 4-5 months past my 3rd trade end-date. Customer Relations, not the regular reps.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

You can find out a lot by using Google.
Google "Marriott Customer Relations", and a big phone number appears.

You can also call Interval International and discuss EPlus issues and usage,
and know you're getting the correct information first-hand.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

I think they are looking for II customer relations.

As for the exchange, if you don't know when you can use it next and you haven't done any retrades yet, you can retrade for 59 days past the current checkin of the 20th, then retrade again for another 59 days out and then one more time. This would get you about six months out. Of course you would be out of retrades, but you could then cancel and take a cancellation replacement week that you could then use for a new trade with a new exchange fee. I don't know if you cancel it outside of 59 days before that checkin if it is still restricted like the Epl;us retrades were.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza

With the day I’ve just had I don’t find your reply at all helpful. I was referring to the post above where he suggested ringing “customer relations” which I found to maybe be something different than I knew about as have never used eplus before.

I did in fact ring II and they said even in circumstances nothing they can do only use eplus for retrade.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
I think they are looking for II customer relations.

As for the exchange, if you don't know when you can use it next and you haven't done any retrades yet, you can retrade for 59 days past the current checkin of the 20th, then retrade again for another 59 days out and then one more time. This would get you about six months out. Of course you would be out of retrades, but you could then cancel and take a cancellation replacement week that you could then use for a new trade with a new exchange fee. I don't know if you cancel it outside of 59 days before that checkin if it is still restricted like the Epl;us retrades were.

Thank you! I have now managed to rebook flights so need 16th May, my current travel date is 20th on exchange so I believe I wait until the day before 19th and book a retrade anywhere that I can for the furthest date out, do I need to try find something with good TDI or my original exchange TDI prevails? That will bring me to 17th of May, which is pretty tight considering I need the 16th.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Original TDI applies. Anything will work. Try the Palm desert properties. Should be available in May.

Last edited:

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've got to believe that the travel industry will loosen their rules including changes and cancellations. They have to. Millions of people are being directly affected by travel restrictions and event cancellations that are no fault of us.

I read in another thread that Hilton has made an announcement that includes changes/cancellations so I suspect Marriott will follow with something similar.

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
Edit: I need clarification of the E Plus ($59) benefit. It must be used before the original check-in date? Let's say I have an April 1 check-in date. Do I use it March 31st or otherwise I lose the week?

Last edited:

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes
if you use eplus 60+ days before your check in date its unrestricted
59-1 day before check in gets you the flexchange restriction
if you simply don’t show up for your stay you have wasted it.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Edit: I need clarification of the E Plus ($59) benefit. It must be used before the original check-in date? Let's say I have an April 1 check-in date. Do I use it March 31st or otherwise I lose the week?

I’m new to eplus hence my post but this is my understanding!

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
I’ve just been told I can cancel my week with II and they will give me a replacement week to use for up to a year and can place a new ongoing search. I’m guessing the eplus is still a better option or no one would take this option?

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve just been told I can cancel my week with II and they will give me a replacement week to use for up to a year and can place a new ongoing search. I’m guessing the eplus is still a better option or no one would take this option?

The reason people normally buy eplus is they get 3 retrades for $59 dollars. The downside is you can’t request.
Cancelling an unenrolled week confirmation causes you to lose your exchange fee and need to pay another. So costs more to cancel more but you can request. Trading power of the replacement week should match the trading power of the week you originally used.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
With the day I’ve just had I don’t find your reply at all helpful. I was referring to the post above where he suggested ringing “customer relations” which I found to maybe be something different than I knew about as have never used eplus before.

I did in fact ring II and they said even in circumstances nothing they can do only use eplus for retrade.

If you Google "Interval International Customer Relations", the phone number comes up too.
It's just much faster/easier than via TUG. Just trying to get you where you needed to be.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

If cancelling, a problem will be that your cancellation replacement will have the 59 day restriction since you are set to travel within 59 days. Because of this, you won't be able to place an OGS agains the cancellation replacement week. My suggestion if you are going to cancel it is to retrade out as far as you can using the three ePlus retrades, then cancel. That may or may not remove the 59 day restriction, but you have nothing to lose by doing it.