• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

EPCOT Demolition

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Check out these photos - the place is a mess. We were there in October and the front was so torn up we parked at Hollywood Studios and took the boat over to the Food & Wine Festival.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Thank the Gods, we visited just before they started.
We'l go back when they're done with the new attractions.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Thank the Gods, we visited just before they started.
We'l go back when they're done with the new attractions.
Does anyone know a timeline? We’re going 10/28-11/04 for the Food & Wine Festival. It’s the 25th anniversary and we’re expecting a real special event. Our first trip to the festival was the 20th anniversary and we were awed by how great it was. We’ve been twice since and are really looking forward to this year.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Distilling what I read in "The Park Insider," it looks like this...

Winter 2020 — Space 220 / Regal Eagle Smokehouse (Craft Drafts & BBQ)
Space 220 Restaurant opens in a new building next to Mission: Space.
Regal Eagle Smokehouse replaces the Liberty Inn in The American Adventure.

January 2020 — Movies: Awesome Planet / Canada Far and Wide / Beauty and the Beast Sing-a-long
Awesome Planet, a new movie, replaces Circle of Life in The Land.
Canada Far and Wide 360 is the new movie in the Canada pavilion.
Beauty and the Beast Sing-a-long plays in the France pavilion.

Summer 2020 — Remy's Ratatouille Adventure / French creperie / HarmonioUS
Disney's Paris Ratatouille dark ride opens in France.
A new French creperie restaurant will open near the ride.
-- The new nighttime show, HarmonioUS Lagoon, appears at the Lagoon.

Sometime in 2020? — Wondrous China
The opening date fro China's new movie is later than the others.

2021 — Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, Play Pavilion
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is the new rotating "story coaster."
The new Play Pavilion takes over the former Wonders of Life next door.

2021? — Moana: Journey of Water
A water play area is part of a major reconstruction of the center of Future World.
We expect it to open in 2021, although a 2020 debut isn't out of the picture.

Summer 2022 — Dreamers Point and the World Celebration Plaza
Dreamers Point is shaded, park-like area beyond Spaceship Earth.
It has a three-level structure that overlooks the Lagoon.

Who knows? — New Spaceship Earth and Mary Poppins attractions
A redesign of the Spaceship Earth, including a new narration.
A new Mary Poppins attraction in the United Kingdom.
Disney has not announced any timeline for either, and won't guess when they will open.

For what it's worth.

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Distilling what I read in "The Park Insider," it looks like this...

Winter 2020 — Space 220 / Regal Eagle Smokehouse (Craft Drafts & Barbecue)
Space 220 Restaurant opens in a new building next to Mission: Space. Regal Eagle Smokehouse replaces the Liberty Inn in The American Adventure pavilion.

January 2020 — Movies: Awesome Planet / Canada Far and Wide 360 / Beauty and the Beast Sing-a-long
Awesome Planet, a new movie, replaces Circle of Life in The Land pavilion. Canada Far and Wide 360 becomes the new movie in the Canada pavilion. Beauty and the Beast Sing-a-long plays in the France pavilion.

Summer 2020 — Remy's Ratatouille Adventure / French creperie / HarmonioUS
Disney's Paris Ratatouille trackless dark ride opens in the expanded France pavilion. A new French creperie restaurant will accompany the ride.
-- The new nighttime spectacular HarmonioUS Lagoon will appear at the Lagoon.

Sometime in 2020? — Wondrous China
China is getting a new movie, but Disney has not yet announced an opening date, saying only that it will debut later than the other three new movies. A 2020 debut remains our best guess.

2021 — Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, Play Pavilion
2021 will welcome two more major attractions: Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is the new rotating "story coaster." The new Play Pavilion takes over the former Wonders of Life next door.

2021? — Moana: Journey of Water
A new water play area next to the Imagination pavilion is part of a major reconstruction of the center of Future World. We expect this attraction to be completed sometime in 2021, though a 2020 debut isn't out of the picture.

2022 — Dreamers Point and the World Celebration Plaza
Dreamers Point will be a new, shaded, park-like area beyond Spaceship Earth, including a three-level structure that overlooks the World Showcase Lagoon. W're not expecting Dreamers Point to open any earlier than the summer of 2022.

Who knows? — New Spaceship Earth and Mary Poppins attractions
Disney has announced two more attraction projects: A redesign of the Spaceship Earth, including a new narration and show scenes, and a new Mary Poppins attraction in the United Kingdom pavilion. Disney has not announced any timeline for either, and we've not heard enough from insiders to take a guess when these attractions will open.

For what it's worth.
Exciting stud. I just hope they keep up with their Rise of the resistance and make the new attractions jaw dropping

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there on New Years Day. In typical Disney fashion, the privacy fencing was up and as a guest you had no idea of the work behind it. All the major attractions were open.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
We were there on New Years Day. In typical Disney fashion, the privacy fencing was up and as a guest you had no idea of the work behind it. All the major attractions were open.
No, they worn't as many of these attractions were either closed or demolished.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
The only major attraction at Epcot that’s currently closed is Test Track, and that’s for routine refurbishment and has nothing to do with the construction. I will miss minor draws like Sum of All Thrills and Club Cool (have to get my Beverly in Disney Springs now), but not since Ellen’s Energy Adventure closed in 2017 has a major attraction closed in Epcot for new construction. The characters from Character Spot have largely relocated. The Innoventions buildings were largely a lot of underutilized space in recent years, so while the demolition seems massive, very few major attractions have been taken out of service.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
The only major attraction at Epcot that’s currently closed is Test Track, and that’s for routine refurbishment and has nothing to do with the construction. I will miss minor draws like Sum of All Thrills and Club Cool (have to get my Beverly in Disney Springs now), but not since Ellen’s Energy Adventure closed in 2017 has a major attraction closed in Epcot for new construction. The characters from Character Spot have largely relocated. The Innoventions buildings were largely a lot of underutilized space in recent years, so while the demolition seems massive, very few major attractions have been taken out of service.
Been on Universe of Energy lately? Been to the Festival Center during a major event like the Food and Wine Festival? Tried Innovations West? Not to mention when we were dropped off 200 yards from the front gate because the tram couldn't approach the front gate? The place is a mess

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
The place is a mess

After going to Disneyworld for a number of years, this is just not a statement I’ve ever heard or thought. For a place that serves as many visitors a day as Disney does, it is one of the cleanest and most organized places I’ve ever been. The construction zones are always zoned off and little if anything of the actual construction can be seen. If I have to walk an extra 200 yards while they make my future visits more enjoyable, that’s a price I’m willing to pay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
All the major attractions were open.
Been on Universe of Energy lately? Been to the Festival Center during a major event like the Food and Wine Festival? Tried Innovations West? Not to mention when we were dropped off 200 yards from the front gate because the tram couldn't approach the front gate? The place is a mess

I don't see how any of those things are "major attractions." Universe of Energy closed in 1996. (If you're talking about Ellen's Energy Adventure, as I mentioned above it closed in 2017.) The closest thing to a major attraction Innoventions West contained was Character Spot, and many of the characters have begun greeting elsewhere. I have not been to the festival center since a flower and garden festival many years ago, but still - not a major attraction. If you had simply said the construction at the entrance was off-putting to you and you chose to avoid future world as a result, I wouldn't really have given your post a second thought, but to double down on stating that many of the major attractions in future world were closed is simply inaccurate. Test Track (except for the routine refurbishment/maintenance in January and February - it was open when you were there in October), Soarin', Mission Space, Nemo/Crush/The Seas, Journey into Imagination, and Spaceship Earth - all open. Am I sad that the Fountain of Nations and Club Cool are closed? Heck yeah, but I don't think anyone would consider them "major attractions."

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We were just there this past Sunday. It wasn't as bad as all of that. That is parking lot view toward the park. I am glad for all of the changes. Maybe it will thin the crowds a bit in Animal Kingdom.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We were at Epcot today. Now that Disney Skyliner is running, we park at Hollywood Studios and take the Skyliner over to Epcot. Much easier access to the countries. The front entrance area of Epcot is a bit of a mess with the construction, but it is sectioned off. You certainly can't see most of what they are showing in the photos.

We only stayed at Epcot today for a few hours. The place was horrible busy. Till this past year when we moved to Florida we hadn't really been to Disney in over 10 years. I can't believe how busy it is and how expensive the food has gooten. To be honest, the best "value" in food and beverage in the park is Starbucks. Only a slight premium over Starbucks at home. Everything else is way overpriced IMO. $4 for a bottle of Coke or water, I can get a Starbucks for only about $2 more! The lines to all of the festival food stations was off the chain today. There was simply no food that would have been good enough for me to wait in those lines. We have now decided that when we come down for a week we are going to go to the parks on the weekday evenings (after 4pm) and spend the weekends around the pool at the resorts. The crowds are way out of control.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
We were at Epcot today. Now that Disney Skyliner is running, we park at Hollywood Studios and take the Skyliner over to Epcot. Much easier access to the countries. The front entrance area of Epcot is a bit of a mess with the construction, but it is sectioned off. You certainly can't see most of what they are showing in the photos.

We only stayed at Epcot today for a few hours. The place was horrible busy. Till this past year when we moved to Florida we hadn't really been to Disney in over 10 years. I can't believe how busy it is and how expensive the food has gooten. To be honest, the best "value" in food and beverage in the park is Starbucks. Only a slight premium over Starbucks at home. Everything else is way overpriced IMO. $4 for a bottle of Coke or water, I can get a Starbucks for only about $2 more! The lines to all of the festival food stations was off the chain today. There was simply no food that would have been good enough for me to wait in those lines. We have now decided that when we come down for a week we are going to go to the parks on the weekday evenings (after 4pm) and spend the weekends around the pool at the resorts. The crowds are way out of control.
Was there in December and Jan. I woke up at the crack of dawn and got on all the big rides quickly then hung around the rest of the time. Can’t wait for the new Epcot. I wish they bring pirates of the Caribbean in Shanghai to Orlando. Of course I’d want them to keep the original and add the new one lol. I stayed at cypress harbor and to be honest, if I don’t pick up a DVC (Looking like I won’t since it won’t fit my Disney travel habits) I’ll probably stay at cypress. It’s so easy to get to Disney and universal from. The rooms were perfect for 3 of us and at a great getaway price I can’t complain.

rili

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went with our 3 y/o grandson.
He was so excited to see the tractor, he kept saying “I want to ride that”. I responded ”ride the bulldozer”, he said “no, that’s a front end loader” and he was right!