• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Enrolling Post-2010 Resale Week in DC Points program

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
I read on Facebook that someone received an email last year from MVC to attend a webinar. After he did that, he was allowed to enroll his post-2010 legacy week in the DC Points program for free. He still has the option to use his week or convert for points every year. Has anyone heard of this and/or did anyone receive the email last year? Are there other low cost ways to enroll a post-2010 legacy week in the DC Points program?

Renzo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin lagunamar/Marriott
I listened to the webinar and wasn’t able to enroll. I bought my resale last year.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I read on Facebook that someone received an email last year from MVC to attend a webinar. After he did that, he was allowed to enroll his post-2010 legacy week in the DC Points program for free. He still has the option to use his week or convert for points every year. Has anyone heard of this and/or did anyone receive the email last year? Are there other low cost ways to enroll a post-2010 legacy week in the DC Points program?

Similar rumors of post-6/10/2010 resale weeks being enrolled in the DC have circulated before but have not been confirmed.

So far, Marriott has held the line on not allowing post-6/10/2010 resale weeks to be enrolled.

otoh, it used to cost as much as $2,500 to enroll multiple pre-6/10/2010 resale weeks into the DC and this can now be done essentially for free. At such time as it is in MVC's interest to allow the enrollment of post-6/10/2010 resale weeks, expect those rules and costs to change again.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Pure speculation ———> I believe that on the 10 year anniversary of the point system, they will allow weeks to be enrolled for a fee - maybe $1K for each week or something like that. People would enroll the better weeks, which is healthier for the point system.

We will see - and pure conjecture on my part, but it costs Marriott nothing and creates even more potential customers that need to buy points.

We will see.

Best,

Greg

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

On several occasions over the last three or four years, MVC has allowed post 6/2010 weeks to be enrolled, but only if you purchased at least 3000 Trust points. These were always limited time offers. They have not allowed, based on what has been posted on TUG, post-6/2010 weeks to be enrolled without a significant companion purchase of Trust Points.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Perhaps it was VacationForever's experience outlined in this thread... https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...ving-destination-points-enrolment-fee.260212/

The first mention was in post #65 with several references throughout the thread.

It sounds like it was perhaps a one off override in their case.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not post on Facebook, but yes, I had an exception. Is the Facebook poster reporting as 1st person experience or 3rd person's?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not post on Facebook, but yes, I had an exception. Is the Facebook poster reporting as 1st person experience or 3rd person's?

Next presentation I go to, I will have to remember this and see if I can back them into a position to give me this! Planning the strategy...

Happy for you!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Next presentation I go to, I will have to remember this and see if I can back them into a position to give me this! Planning the strategy...

Happy for you!

Good luck to you, and please do report back! I tried the "exception" method for years with sales folks and it did not work... salespeople do not have the authority to make exceptions.

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
The Facebook poster was posting as a first person experience. He said it was about 4 months ago and he did not need to buy any DC points. He got an email from MVC and watched the webinar. Then Marriott offered to enroll his week for free. He said he owns some DC Points, a summer Monarch week and a Gold Grande Ocean week.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Facebook poster was posting as a first person experience. He said it was about 4 months ago and he did not need to buy any DC points. He got an email from MVC and watched the webinar. Then Marriott offered to enroll his week for free. He said he owns some DC Points, a summer Monarch week and a Gold Grande Ocean week.
I think it was a glitch in their emailer invitation back then. That's how mine got enrolled as well. That is why the current process states that even if/when the owner watches the webinar, they have to wait and see if they qualify before they will receive the information to enroll, and they will get the subsequent enrollment email only if they are eligible.

Last edited:

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
Pure speculation ———> I believe that on the 10 year anniversary of the point system, they will allow weeks to be enrolled for a fee - maybe $1K for each week or something like that. People would enroll the better weeks, which is healthier for the point system.

We will see - and pure conjecture on my part, but it costs Marriott nothing and creates even more potential customers that need to buy points.

We will see.

Best,

Greg

I am not sure if I like this idea because it makes sense to me or because I have a vested interest in wanting it to be true. Actually it is for the reasons you stated above. I have one enrolled week that I have never traded for points and can't imagine doing so until I retire. I have 1 1/2 (EOY) weeks post 2010 and would enroll depending on the price to never exchange for points.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

We will see.

Best,

Greg
OK, I am ready to sign on that basis.
Bring it on.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
On several occasions over the last three or four years, MVC has allowed post 6/2010 weeks to be enrolled, but only if you purchased at least 3000 Trust points. These were always limited time offers. They have not allowed, based on what has been posted on TUG, post-6/2010 weeks to be enrolled without a significant companion purchase of Trust Points.

I have to agree with JIM and believe this is likely the current requirement. We were able to enroll our post-2010 resale week back in 2016 by buying an amount of matching points (based on the converted value of our week being enrolled rounded up to the closest 250 point interval). For us that was 2,750 points to enroll that week. Depending on the value of the week you want to enroll, either approach may be 'better'. I wouldn't want to buy 3,000 points to enroll a 1,500 point value week. However, I would happily consider buying 3,000 points to enroll a 4,500 point week ...

MBRUNER

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Ocean
Marriott' Monarch
Marriott Harbour Point
Marriott Destination Points
I was the one that posted on FB. Brand new to this group! Not sure if it was a glitch on Marriott, but I was able to enroll both of my post 2010 weeks into the DP without paying a dime, or buying more points. Not sure if it mattered or not, but I owned previous DP and my two weeks were bought directly through Marriott resale

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I was the one that posted on FB. Brand new to this group! Not sure if it was a glitch on Marriott, but I was able to enroll both of my post 2010 weeks into the DP without paying a dime, or buying more points. Not sure if it mattered or not, but I owned previous DP and my two weeks were bought directly through Marriott resale
Thanks for posting. Sounds very similar to VacationForever's experience.

mj2vacation

Reaction score

Thanks for posting. How did you find out that you could enroll the additional weeks?