• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Enrolled weeks - II membership compensation - Who do I talk to?

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got off a chat with Marriott.
When we enrolled our weeks, we had membership in II paid through 2016.
I expected to see something show up when we got our new Marriott II account but nothing.
Marriott says I need to talk to II about compensation.

For folks who enrolled, who did you talk to get "credit" for your II membership that remained.

II or Marriott.

The char has been wrong before, so before I go chasing this down, thought I would check with folks who have done it.

Thanks

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got off a chat with Marriott.
When we enrolled our weeks, we had membership in II paid through 2016.
I expected to see something show up when we got our new Marriott II account but nothing.
Marriott says I need to talk to II about compensation.

For folks who enrolled, who did you talk to get "credit" for your II membership that remained.

II or Marriott.

The char has been wrong before, so before I go chasing this down, thought I would check with folks who have done it.

Thanks

Spoke directly to Interval. I was in same boat. I had mine paid 5 years in advance.

When I asked about refund, they offered me junk AC's with extreme limitations instead.

I ended up giving away the AC's to family and friends.

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
I just enrolled in the DC last week while at Maui Ocean Club.

My salesman told me that Interval will refund membership fees that you have paid in advance, but you have to insist on a refund. Interval will offer ACs as an alternative, but you should insist on a refund instead. Interval will issue the refund if you refuse the ACs.

Last edited:

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just enrolled in the DC last week while at Maui Ocean Club.

My salesman told me that Interval will refund membership fees that you have paid in advance, but you have to insist on a refund. Interval will will offer ACs as an alternative, but you should insist on a refund instead. Interval will issue the refund if you refuse the ACs.

I wonder which sales folks that was, Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I agree with others. If you don't want the almost useless ACs insist on a refund from II. Call II and ask to talk to a supervisor if necessary. Now if you have weeks on deposit or confirmations for stays that haven't occurred yet, then you have to wait until those are all used before you can cancel you old II account.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
I'm in the same boat but so far I'm happy with the AC solution - we're going to Aruba in August.:cheer:

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I'm in the same boat but so far I'm happy with the AC solution - we're going to Aruba in August.:cheer:

Was Aruba on the grid or did you manage to get it with a phone call? What size unit?

Anyone have a copy of the so-called worthless grid? It would be interesting to see. Thanks

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
It was on the grid, but I could only get a studio at Surf Club, which is fine for me.

kjd

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just went through the process of trying to close my old II account, get a refund and try to book a gift week for my daughter and her family. My
"old" II account had a couple of "cancellation replacements" and one deposit of a silver week. In fact one of the "cancellation replacements" expires today. My old account is paid up until 2014. Here is what I was told.

1. They would extend the expiration dates of the "cancellation replacements" for a fee. When I researched what these weeks would bring in a trade it made no sense to keep them. "Cancellation replacements" are very weak traders and subject to different rules I was told.

2. I was denied a refund after saying that I surrender everything in the account. The reason given was that the last membership payment came through Marriott and not directly to II. How did that happen? I did not understand the difference but was told that I would have to have my old credit card bill (from more than a year ago) in order to go further with my request. They did not say I would get a refund even if I had the old credit card billing. I got the feeling that they really don't want to issue refunds.

3. Every time I was switched to a new person I had to go through the entire verification process and no one I talked with (probably four or five different persons) had my account readily available.

4. After giving up on the refund I was then directed to my "new" II account. I had several deposits in that account including a couple of platinum weeks. I was interested in trading into a June MOW week for my daughter's anniversary gift which is a difficult trade. I was told that there was no II inventory available to trade for at MOW.

5. I was then directed to the DC rep. I was also told there was no availability at MOW. I remembered the TUG advice that the Marriott DC reps vary in what they know about the system and to call back and get someone else to help.

6. After going through about three reps in a half hour I finally got someone at the DC who was able to get me five nights oceanfront at MOW with borrowed points. Why this can happen I do not know. It certainly heightens the suspicion that games are played with the points systems. It all started with the refund request, ended with a good trade but no refund. It took 2 1/2 hours of my time to finally complete the business. That is another TUG lesson. You have to spend the time in order to work the system.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
In an earlier thread where we talked about trying to get a refund from II (instead of keeping old accounts open and getting AC's for those years,) TUGger Winger posted a different II phone number:
don't play the lottery by calling the II 800 # which you would normally call to make an exchange request...

Try this #:
(800) 252-5121

It might help ...

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
We are happy with the ACs also. We used our first one for Ocean Watch. It was off season but that was when we wanted to go, and you can almost never go to a prime resort in high season on any AC. I do not consider these ACs to be "almost worthless", as some others believe.