• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Encore package in Hilton Head

sandcfort

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVCI Points
Hello all,

We have a scheduled encore presentation for HHI and we are offered resort credit. My question is can the credit be used at Sea Pines towards golf. The course didn’t understand my question when I called and asked if they took this form of payment.

thanks

Bill4728

Reaction score
WE just did an encore at Monarch at Sea Pines but received bonvoy pts and a free dinner at Michael Anthony's .

The dinner at Michael Anthony's was probably the best dinner we have ever had!!

Sorry I can't tell you anything about golf with resort credit

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I would call the Monarch front desk manager to inquire. If he/she doesn't know, call the Sales & Marketing department
across the street from Grande Ocean and if anybody knows, surely it would be them. They hand out the incentives/gifts,
so they are probably familiar with how they can be used. Keep elevating the level of inquiry until you get a manager or supervisor
who knows a definitive answer. I have a suspicion that it's not usable for golf at obviously an off-site golf course,
which is really not "resort credit", but it's worth pursuing.

SEE THE FOLLOWING POST!

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
In the meantime, we are headed to Hilton Head again in a couple of weeks, this time for a 3-night package we purchased last year.
Not an Encore but a $199 promotion package.
I received an email this week, and it listed a bunch of facts & stipulations regarding the stay.
I also got a list of "partner" restaurants and other businesses, and also the following Golf Courses listed as "partners of Marriott".

Call the Guest Relations Team as shown below and see if this list is something that is also
associated with the Encore Package, whereby you can use the resort credits for usage. Good luck.

Guest Relations Team
Marriott Vacation Club
Hilton Head Sales Gallery
Guest Relations Coordinator
50 South Forest Beach Drive
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina 29928
Toll-Free 866.288.3681
Direct Line: 843.342.1453
mvcihhicr@vacationclub.com

As your ambassadors to Hilton Head, it is our pleasure to provide you with the “local perspective”
when it comes to the best way to explore the Island, enjoy exciting activities, or savor a sunset meal.
In addition, because Marriott is the premier vacation provider on the Island, we have partnerships
which allow us to provide you with call-ahead seating not available to the general public.
Take a moment to explore our list of partners below, and then reply with your preferences,
and I’ll take care of everything!
Again, if there is anything we can assist you with prior to or during your stay please let us know!

GOLF
Bear Creek Golf Club 237 Whooping Crane Way Hilton Head 843-681-9510
Dolphin Head Golf Club 56 High Bluff Rd. Hilton Head 843-681-5550
Old South Golf Links 50 Buckingham Plantation Dr. 843-785-3535
Oyster Reef Golf Club 155 High Bluff Rd. Hilton Head 843-689-GOLF
..........Reservations: 843-681-1750
Pinecrest Golf Club 1 Pinecrest Way Bluffton 843-757-8960
Palmetto Hall Golf Club 108 Fort Howell Dr. Hilton Head 843-689-9205
Port Royal Golf Club 10 Clubhouse Drive Hilton Head 843-681-1750
Shipyard Golf Club 45 Shipyard Drive Hilton Head 843-681-1750

1604090064853.png

Last edited:

tlwmkw

Reaction score
I would call the Monarch front desk manager to inquire. If he/she doesn't know, call the Sales & Marketing department
across the street from Grande Ocean and if anybody knows, surely it would be them. They hand out the incentives/gifts,
so they are probably familiar with how they can be used. Keep elevating the level of inquiry until you get a manager or supervisor
who knows a definitive answer. I have a suspicion that it's not usable for golf at obviously an off-site golf course,
which is really not "resort credit", but it's worth pursuing.

SEE THE FOLLOWING POST!

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you need assistance with quality vs price of golf courses, list you options here---and I can try to help.