• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Encore Package and FREE Enrollment

OWMBGV

Reaction score
I would have thought that the $1150 Encore price includes DC enrollment only if you buy points when you come on the Encore visit. Are you sure you get the enrollment with no further outlay? If true, I advise you to enroll. It is a good deal for you but does not make sense as a business offering, which is the reason for my skepticism.

I got a similar deal at Beach Place Towers, but I paid a bit more :annoyed: $1,599, plus 75,000 Marriott Points and free enrollment in DC. I was thinking about enrolling in order to be able to use the points rental option, so it was an easy decision. I am required to do attend the presentation and if I buy additional points (not a chance) then the $1,599 is credited towards the purchase. Membership in the DC program was immediate after the 10 day waiting period.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
FREE Enrollment to DC with Encore

I am happy with the outcome of my encore purchase, with free (pre2010) enrollment, and 50K MRP. Got spring break days in Tahoe that we had planned to go on. Break down:
Cost: 1295

BENEFITS:
Free Enrollment: $2395
Tahoe 4 days (MOD): $1442
MRP: $500
TOTAL: 4337

Additionally we were able to lock off our 2BR, deposit to II, and retrade our studio back to a 2BR in our normal season. All with no fees other than DC dues. I love our weeks!

We traded our 1BR to a 2BR in Ko Olina in May and saved over $400 in fees exchange for DC club dues. I love our weeks!

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Are you saying your pre2010 week is now enrolled...without paying an enrollment fee and without purchasing any DC points ??

It's an offer that's been available since early 2015. Purchase an Encore Package and one of the incentives is enrollment of eligible pre-6/20/10 Weeks without requiring an enrollment fee. (Note this is different from the incentive that appears to have expired 12/30/15, which allowed enrollment of ineligible Weeks in conjunction with a Points purchase.)

Note threads are being merged.

Powerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are they still offering these enrollment offers with the Encore packages in 2016?

Powerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really interested to hear if anyone has attended a sales presentation in 2016 where the free enrollment was included in the Encore package.

ffxjack

TUG Member
Reaction score
I enrolled that way on an encore package. Actually, they offered an encore part 2 when I declined which included enrollment plus another encore stay/presentation which gave me the excuse I was looking for to head back to Hawaii for Christmas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TommyR

Reaction score
They are definitely still offering as they offered it to me on Tuesday during the presentation and said I had the week to decide. $1195 to go to a series of resorts for 5 days/4nights and 50k MRP including enrolment during what is deemed low season and $1895 plus 75K MRP during high season also including enrolment.

Macks

Reaction score
They are definitely still offering as they offered it to me on Tuesday during the presentation and said I had the week to decide. $1195 to go to a series of resorts for 5 days/4nights and 50k MRP including enrolment during what is deemed low season and $1895 plus 75K MRP during high season also including enrolment.

We were offered the same encore pkg today here in HH. Or we can simply enroll our 2 weeks in the DC program for $695, which is why we sat through the presentation.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
We were offered the same encore pkg today here in HH. Or we can simply enroll our 2 weeks in the DC program for $695, which is why we sat through the presentation.

I think that's a "new" encore package incentive, which could be a rollback to the enrollment fee at the DC introduction? Were your Weeks bought direct from MVCI? (Introductory enrollment fees were $595 for a single direct-purchase Week, $695 for multiple direct-purchase Weeks, $1,495 (I think?) for a single external-resale Week and $1,995 for multiple external-resale Weeks.)

Macks

Reaction score
I think that's a "new" encore package incentive, which could be a rollback to the enrollment fee at the DC introduction? Were your Weeks bought direct from MVCI? (Introductory enrollment fees were $595 for a single direct-purchase Week, $695 for multiple direct-purchase Weeks, $1,495 (I think?) for a single external-resale Week and $1,995 for multiple external-resale Weeks.)

Yes, we bought our 2 weeks direct from MVCI two months before the DC program was introduced, we did not opt to enroll back then.

Powerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score

Last month were given this same $695 option to enroll two resale weeks purchased before 2010. The price has never been this low to enroll resale weeks.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

If you enroll at $695, does it come with the PlusPoints that you would normally get if you enrolled at full freight of $2300? If it does, the $695 offer beats out the free enrollment with Encore Pacakge.

Powerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you enroll at $695, does it come with the PlusPoints that you would normally get if you enrolled at full freight of $2300? If it does, the $695 offer beats out the free enrollment with Encore Pacakge.

No plus points included. Received $175 to attend the sales presentation.

Macks

Reaction score

No PlusPoints. $25 Voucher plus 15K MRP's.

jeffffffs

Reaction score
We were offered (and purchased) the Encore Package in Aruba last week. No mention of the $695 offer (I hadn't heard about it, so I didn't ask).

Deal was: $1,195 for: 5days/4 nights at one of 24 destinations (low season) ($700 surcharge for high season); free enrollment in points program; 50K Marriott rewards points; plus an additional $50 incentive for the presentation (originally received $200, added another $50 when we took the package).

Was also offered a deal to purchase a gold week (2,575 Points) for $20,790 ($8.07/pt), plus free enrollment, and 3,500 plus points.

They also had a separate Encore Package for returning to Aruba high season. $1,695 6 days/5nights "guestroom" (lock-off unit I guess), free enrollment, and 75,000 reward points or $500 Island certificates (useable at many island restaurants, spa, etc...equal to cash for us).

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Anyone know if Ocean Pointe is offering the encore package? Heading there in 2 weeks.

Hoping we don't have to wait for our trip to Aruba in July.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if Ocean Pointe is offering the encore package? Heading there in 2 weeks.

Hoping we don't have to wait for our trip to Aruba in July.

Yes they were in March.

The person in the OP lobby who scheduled our presentation didn't mention that there was a shuttle van that takes you to Oceana Palms so we drove there ourselves. Oceana has limited parking and the women at the check-in desk had to get us a pass to the parking garage. In the end, it was nice to have our own car because we were free to leave without waiting for the van.

edinaiken

Reaction score
Hilton Head offer

We just attended the points sales pitch and declined to purchase. Exit interview guy offered us the ability to enroll our 2 outside purchased pre-2010 Grande Ocean weeks for $1199 with a 4night stay back in any Hilton Head Marriott, Sept 2017-March 2018, with either 65,000 reward pts or $500 in bonus buck to spend on food, golf, etc.
We think its a decent deal for the flexibility of being able to use pts with our other options.

edinaiken

Reaction score
Update to my previous post: We were offered another alternative to the one I described in my post. For $1295 we can enroll both weeks, get the 4 night stay and 1000 DC one time points. We opted for this alternative as the points seemed to be a better deal than reward points or bonus bucks.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Edinaiken, Actually, both offers are similar and sound like very good deals to me. Its really just a matter of which points you value (and feel you can use) more.
Congrats.