• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Encore Package and FREE Enrollment

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just purchased an encore package at Surf Watch to return next January or February. The package was $999 and I was able to enroll my Harbour Point and Sunset Pointe weeks into the points program. My Harbour Point week was bought from Marriott and my Sunset Pointe week was bought externally. I figure the winter week is worth $200 (xyz or AC price) and they are also giving me $200 in Marriott reward $. So basically I am paying $600 to enroll my weeks in the program. I will never deposit my weeks for points..... I simply joined for the exchange fee benefits. Worth it or not? Also do you have to pay for xyz weeks since they are considered an exchange?

vacationlover2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. That is a pretty awesome deal you got. I paid way more than that to enroll my two weeks. You do not have to pay for XYZ if it is another Marriott.

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a good deal. Hopefully, they offer the same package during my July stay at Surfwatch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
I thought we got a good deal on our encore package at Aruba SC.

5 nights in a lock off. (We own a 2br but always bring family.)

20k MR points at time of purchase of encore package.

50k more MR points when we return and tour.

$950.00.

Yours is pretty sweet.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought we got a good deal on our encore package at Aruba SC.

5 nights in a lock off. (We own a 2br but always bring family.)

20k MR points at time of purchase of encore package.

50k more MR points when we return and tour.

$950.00.

Yours is pretty sweet.

I like yours better!

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
That is good news. Can you clarify if your external resale week (Sunset Pointe) which you enrolled as part of the encore package deal was a resale week purchased prior to the 2010 cutoff or after the cut off? Thank you.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Interesting offer. We have seen presentation incentives where they will allow someone to enroll their week for what the original price was back in 2010. Never seen an offer where they will build enrollment in to the price of an Encore Package though.

Do you have to attend the presentation when staying on your Encore Package in order to be able to enroll your weeks? If so, it is possible that they will just allow you to enroll your weeks at the original price and it isn't actually included in the price of the Encore Package?

NYFLTRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just purchased an encore package at Surf Watch to return next January or February. The package was $999 and I was able to enroll my Harbour Point and Sunset Pointe weeks into the points program. My Harbour Point week was bought from Marriott and my Sunset Pointe week was bought externally. I figure the winter week is worth $200 (xyz or AC price) and they are also giving me $200 in Marriott reward $. So basically I am paying $600 to enroll my weeks in the program. I will never deposit my weeks for points..... I simply joined for the exchange fee benefits. Worth it or not? Also do you have to pay for xyz weeks since they are considered an exchange?

Are you implying that your external (resale) weeks are now eligible to be enrolled into the DC program?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Are you implying that your external (resale) weeks are now eligible to be enrolled into the DC program?

They always were, I think, at question is when was the external week purchase. Pre or post 2010?

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good morning...

I would bet the ranch that the resale weeks would have to be pre-2010 to allow enrollment with encore package. Otherwise, the line to exploit that loophole would be pretty large...

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
shoot. Thought we had a 'breaking news' development.
Still sounds like a good deal.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Interesting offer. We have seen presentation incentives where they will allow someone to enroll their week for what the original price was back in 2010. Never seen an offer where they will build enrollment in to the price of an Encore Package though.

Do you have to attend the presentation when staying on your Encore Package in order to be able to enroll your weeks? If so, it is possible that they will just allow you to enroll your weeks at the original price and it isn't actually included in the price of the Encore Package?
I had the same question of the OP. You enrolled 2 weeks for the cost of a 900 package? Doesn't seem possible.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I had the same question of the OP. You enrolled 2 weeks for the cost of a 900 package? Doesn't seem possible.

Especially since enrolling these two weeks, one of which was external would have cost $1995 back in 2010. A real bargain!

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is good news. Can you clarify if your external resale week (Sunset Pointe) which you enrolled as part of the encore package deal was a resale week purchased prior to the 2010 cutoff or after the cut off? Thank you.

The Sunset Pointe week was purchased in 2002. The external weeks def. have to be pre 2010.

Last edited:

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The closer at the presentation said they started offering this about a month ago. I should receive an email to confirm my enrollment in about 2 weeks. (I had 10 days to cancel.) To return to HH from March - May or the fall months was $1599. The encore pkg. for the summer months was, (I think) $2599 but they also gave you 250,000 Marriott Reward points. I got 20k points for attending the presentation. I can book the encore weeks at any Marriott on HH except Grande Ocean.

Last edited:

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We recently attended a presentation at Aruba Surf Club, and were offered an Encore package, similar to the one described by Mr. Vker above. We declined the original offer, but were given until 4:00 pm that day to decide. We did not respond by the deadline.

The next day, we received an email repeating the offer, and providing additional options at different prices. In that same email, in bright red text, was a statement indicating purchase of an Encore package would include enrollment into the Destinations Program for all MVC owners who were not already enrolled. There was no mention of the pre-June 2010 purchase requirement.

Sounds like there's been a change in policy...though it's possible clarifications could be made at the time of purchase of the package. In any case, we are already enrolled, so this is not an enticement for us.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
There was talk from others that received the email. Although the email didn't mention the 2010 date it wasn't really an official offer and even with the printed email invitation in hand, it was a no go on enrolling post 2010 resales.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
We recently attended a presentation at Aruba Surf Club, and were offered an Encore package, similar to the one described by Mr. Vker above. We declined the original offer, but were given until 4:00 pm that day to decide. We did not respond by the deadline.

The next day, we received an email repeating the offer, and providing additional options at different prices. In that same email, in bright red text, was a statement indicating purchase of an Encore package would include enrollment into the Destinations Program for all MVC owners who were not already enrolled. There was no mention of the pre-June 2010 purchase requirement.

Sounds like there's been a change in policy...though it's possible clarifications could be made at the time of purchase of the package. In any case, we are already enrolled, so this is not an enticement for us.

Hmmmmm..... they just called us. Haven't returned yet. I shall ask about that!

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Well this is interesting. I have stated many times in presentations that I am not interested in even considering DC points nor paying the high enrollment fee, without being able to test the system to gauge availability in real-time. I even had a tour with a salesperson who is a TUGGER, who understood my position.

My guess is that Marriott is realizing that those who were willing (or could be convinced to pay) the early-bird and later more expensive fee have done so. Like the early adopters that pay for new tech, eventually they run out, and prices drop. As many have stated before, there is no purely business reason why Marriott wouldn't allow weeks to enroll at a reduced or nonexistent fee as they then get all those annual dues.

The tough part is letting people in without pi$$ing off those that paid much more to get in. Using this presentation/encore method makes sense. Maybe they are testing the waters? :shrug:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
That's what I've been saying.

Surely there is a way to bring post 2010 weeks owners into the mix.
Heck, all I want to do is get a basic BI so I can rent points and/or pad my weeks with a few days.

Right now, Marriott is pushing me to looking at HGVC or SVO for day use etc...

Who knows. We can only hope.

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good morning

Tater...

They dont need post 2010 weeks in the mix...They have all the inventory they need from the following sources...

#1 Their own owned inventory. They knew about DC for at least 2 years before implementation and saved stuff for themselves. Don't believe the horse hockey about "sold out resorts'

#2 ROFR plenty of weeks on resale market

#3 owners turning in for MR points

#4 owners trading for DC points

#5 II MVCD has abilty for quick peek in II...

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I know.

But, I can dream. I keep thinking "what if Marriott really does read this and might make and effort....."

and then I wake up. :doh:

I, unfortunately, agree with your points.
Maybe one of these days I'll push real hard and see just how small a 'bundle' package you can possibly buy.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
The closer at the presentation said they started offering this about a month ago. I should receive an email to confirm my enrollment in about 2 weeks (I had 10 days to cancel.) To return to HH from March - May or the fall months was $1599. The encore pkg. for the summer months was, (I think) $2599 but they also gave you 250,000 Marriott Reward points. I got 20k points for attending the presentation. I can book the encore weeks at any Marriott on HH except Grande Ocean.
Just read this again (bolded part). Didn't you get something in writing that your weeks will be enrolled based upon your encore purchase? Just being paranoid as you say you have 10 days to cancel but confirmation will be sent in 14 days.