• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Employee of timeshare owners assoc. steals money, doesn't pay vendors & secure loans! We have to pay

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
The police won’t do a thing.
Why do you say this? I lived in a small town in IN a few years back, and took a call from the president of the local bank who said the HOA account was overdrawn. The bank was being asked to pay an online electric bill for the office manager of the HOA. I can't recall why the bank was calling the office where I worked, but you've got to love small towns - not even sure he should have done that. However, I knew exactly what was happening.

The manager and her husband were very friendly and social. They'd invite me to parties at their house around the corner from me. I'd decline. They took a lot of expensive trips, too. I thought he was selling drugs. There was no way they afford all that...except for the $50k or so they drained out of the HOA account.

The State Police and local prosecutor immediately took over the investigation. The manager was only charged with what could be documented. She went to prison for awhile. She is out now and is still paying restitution, and lives in the same house as far as I know.

The whole thing happened because the Board, and more specifically, the Treasurer "trusted" the manager. Very dumb. Wherever there is money, there is temptation. All the Treasurer had to do is open the checking account statement each month and review it. How hard is that?

There was no SA by the way. The HOA sucked it up and made some changes and has since recovered. Lots of volunteer hours given to make the place run. There was no insurance to cover this loss either.

Gloria J

Reaction score
Was this matter turned over to Eric Schmidt's office? He is has been elected our new US Senator. Andrew Bailey was appointed the new attorney general. I would wait till after the inauguration in January and file a case.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
I agree with dioxide45, someone from the HOA Board needs to file a claim with their HOA insurance carrier; alone with a coy of the police report.
Good luck.
That only works if they paid for the right financial crimes coverage.