• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Emerald Grande Points Chart Weeks 1-4

regatta333

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
What happened to the Emerald Grande East points chart for weeks 1-4?

Reaction score
What happened to the Emerald Grande East points chart for weeks 1-4?
The CWA contract says something about not being able to book there in January:

***The Advance Reservation Priority for Wyndham Vacation Resorts Emerald Grande™ at Destin is available for stays between February and December. Reservation requests are not available for stays in January.

I would assume that would have something to do with it?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
In the directory, but not on the online PDF, that points chart states: "Reservation requests are not available for stays in January."

regatta333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, but does anyone know why that is? Strange that these units would be available every other month of the year.

regatta333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was on the phone for more than half an hour with Wyndham this morning trying to get an answer. No one could answer the question. It got bumped up to Owner Care and they similarly could not provide an explanation. I asked if they could look into it and get back to me by email. Here is the response I got:

The purpose of this email is to provide you the information you inquired about, regarding why there’s no smaller units available only 3BD Presidential for the month of January’ 2024 at Emerald Grande in Destin.

The Emerald Grande is not managed by Wyndham, and has limited availability.

For additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at 1-800-251-8736., available Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm EST.

Not really helpful, so I called the resort directly and they said that they do a deep clean of the units during the month of January.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
they close down for the month of January.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
The Wyndham units at Emerald Grande are down for refurbishment and deep cleaning those weeks in January. However the presidential reserve units are open as are the non Wyndham units.

troy12n

Reaction score
It seems bizarre that Wyndham would shut down a resort for an entire week to clean it... what kind of shenanigans are going on there? Has it always been like that? Also that's prime Snowbird season...

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
It seems bizarre that Wyndham would shut down a resort for an entire week to clean it... what kind of shenanigans are going on there? Has it always been like that? Also that's prime Snowbird season...

It's several weeks not just one week.

Also not the entire resort. There are many more weeks and units owned/controlled by Emerald Grande than by Wyndham. When we first stayed there in 2012 Wyndham had a lot less inventory at the resort than they do now.

Yes it's been like that for as long as I can remember.

For the people who stay at the Florida Panhandle resorts the draw isn't the weather at that time of year. It's that it's low points to stay there during those quiet season weeks, particularly for VIP owners. Orlando has warmer weather than the Panhandle, Clearwater or Ocean Walk in Daytona Beach. The breeze off the gulf/ocean can be quite cold and damp. For Wyndham owners the Pompano Beach resorts are the most desirable Florida resorts for warm winter weather.

Two years ago from January 6-February 13 we stayed at Panama City Beach and the following week at Emerald Grande. It was fun because we had family and friends staying there too. We were all glad to have warmer coats; even during the afternoons some days. We live about 25 minutes from the Pompano Beach resorts and staying in the Panhandle was our idea of going North to experience winter. This year we went to St. Augustine for a couple weeks. Lol