• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Embarq Resort Fees

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
We don't actually need it (we have a laundry "kit" we just bring everywhere) but a lot of the "common use" items of yore seem to be gone with covid, and whether it makes any sense at all (it doesn't), it doesn't seem to matter. In a pinch there is Ralph's 0.5 mi from here that has everything anyone could possibly want.

It’s actually a nice walk to the Ralph’s (and there’s always Instacart).

I always find it amusing when I see posts on TUG about things like laundry soap. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
IIRC, there was a big box of soup in the laundry room. You might check another laundry room in a different building.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Undoubtedly before covid. "Big boxes" of anything seemed banned these days for no scientific reason at all. As someone in the health and science world, these blanket, "makes no real sense" but we feel like we need to do it, make me a bit crazy, but I digress.....

Laundry rooms were convenient and about as close to being in the uint without the noise. The front desk will send whatever you need.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Undoubtedly before covid. "Big boxes" of anything seemed banned these days for no scientific reason at all. As someone in the health and science world, these blanket, "makes no real sense" but we feel like we need to do it, make me a bit crazy, but I digress.....

Laundry rooms were convenient and about as close to being in the uint without the noise. The front desk will send whatever you need.
We were in a downstairs end unit. It was definitely noisy in the room on the other side of the laundry room. I love this resort but I don't think we'll go back if we need a 2 bedroom. The unit felt dark, and our room was noisy from both the laundry and the neighbors above (partiers).

Last edited:

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good to know. [We were here just before the resort shut down in an attempt to comply with the widely mis-interpreted CA 12/2020 order. So essentially, no one here.]

We were on a second floor 1 bdrm unit which was really quiet. I adored the scale of the resort - beautiful, no gates to go in and out of, parking for all the units not far to walk, walking paths very near by, low level shopping near by etc.

What was more flummoxing to me were some fo the oddities of the units: kitchen islands at an odd 45 degree angle, microwaves in a pull out drawer near the short end of the oddly placed island, all of the dishes under the counters and a bit hard to get to, master bed also at some odd degree angle to the room (putting my bedside unit and clock farther from me) etc.

I assume this is standard for the units. but can't imagine what the designers were thinking. But we truly loved the resort and looking at some of the larger Marriott and Westin resorts I can really understand, despite the unit oddities, why people love this one.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Good to know. [We were here just before the resort shut down in an attempt to comply with the widely mis-interpreted CA 12/2020 order. So essentially, no one here.]

We were on a second floor 1 bdrm unit which was really quiet. I adored the scale of the resort - beautiful, no gates to go in and out of, parking for all the units not far to walk, walking paths very near by, low level shopping near by etc.

What was more flummoxing to me were some fo the oddities of the units: kitchen islands at an odd 45 degree angle, microwaves in a pull out drawer near the short end of the oddly placed island, all of the dishes under the counters and a bit hard to get to, master bed also at some odd degree angle to the room (putting my bedside unit and clock farther from me) etc.

I assume this is standard for the units. but can't imagine what the designers were thinking. But we truly loved the resort and looking at some of the larger Marriott and Westin resorts I can really understand, despite the unit oddities, why people love this one.
I love the quirkiness, lol. My hot buttons are natural light and ambient noise. The downstairs 2 bedroom units failed on both. I let my mom sleep in the true master. The bedroom that we slept in had no windows. Zero. It was off of the kitchen and had a skinny window on the kitchen wall with an opaque film and another window in the shower, again with an opaque film on that window. It was cave like. I absolutely hated it. We will go back, but in a 1 bedroom unit.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I love the quirkiness, lol. My hot buttons are natural light and ambient noise. The downstairs 2 bedroom units failed on both. I let my mom sleep in the true master. The bedroom that we slept in had no windows. Zero. It was off of the kitchen and had a skinny window on the kitchen wall with an opaque film and another window in the shower, again with an opaque film on that window. It was cave like. I absolutely hated it. We will go back, but in a 1 bedroom unit.

I wondered what those opaque film windows were on the unit below us! We have one for our shower entrance, but it clearly was not for that. We love dark sleeping areas so would not have minded that, but I am with you on the light and noise so I think we should feel blessed that we lucked out on both. But the weird kitchen and the fact that I could not take a shower without getting my head soaked (I really do hate the straight from the ceiling shower heads) drove me a little nuts. I wrote a nice review because I think the resort is a real peach overall.

We used an AC for this (which was lucky, I know) so I checked out what should have been our second week (Westin Mission Hills - cancelled) as well as a few of the other Westins and Marriotts and they are just huge, with parking gates and nothing like the feeling of the Embarc. I am grateful to know about the 2 bdrm units because we nearly accepted an upgrade but decided the view would be better up here. Will try to get it in the future and bring what I can to mitigate the quirks!