• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Embarc Resort--Palm Desert

itchyfeet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for a location to request for a 2 BR unit? My understanding is that all 2 BR are downstairs. We would prefer an area where the patio gets afternoon shade and is in a quiet area. Thanks.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Any suggestions for a location to request for a 2 BR unit? My understanding is that all 2 BR are downstairs. We would prefer an area where the patio gets afternoon shade and is in a quiet area. Thanks.
Call the resort.

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
We have stayed there twice and loved it. Marvelous 2BR units. Best patios and back yards ever. If you are there in cool seasons, there's even a patio fireplace (we never got to use it). Can't help you with unit numbers without a resort plan. We did have morning sun and afternoon shade, but the afternoons were rather warm...though on some evenings the patio was usable. A roadrunner passing through was a frequent morning sight. Check out Ralph's for groceries.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Can't help with unit location (other than to confirm that the 2 bedroom units are on the ground floor) but this resort is one of my all time favorites. I hope that you enjoy your week. We have a week booked there - Thanksgiving 2019 - unless something changes. We're really looking forward to it.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're headed there, too. Are all the 1BR's with full kitchens part of the 2BR's?

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We're headed there, too. Are all the 1BR's with full kitchens part of the 2BR's?
Not sure. When we went the 1 bedrooms were upstairs and not part of a lockoff. When are you going?

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure. When we went the 1 bedrooms were upstairs and not part of a lockoff. When are you going?

Thanks, Katherine. We've always stayed at Marriott's Desert Springs I, but I've heard some great things about Embarc, so jumped at the chance to give it a try with one of my AC's. We'll be there at the end of the month.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, Katherine. We've always stayed at Marriott's Desert Springs I, but I've heard some great things about Embarc, so jumped at the chance to give it a try with one of my AC's. We'll be there at the end of the month.
Nice! Our first stay there was with an AC too! We decided that we liked it so much that we"d have no issue exchanging in with any of our regular deposits and are happy to be staying there again. I hope that your guys enjoy it there.

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
None of the units there have what II terms full kitchens, because there is no oven. We have only stayed in the 1 BR terrace units upstairs with the outdoor showers, but I do know that the 2 Br units are on the ground floor and are all lockoffs with the regular 1 Br and studio combined.

We always ask for a unit by the adult pool area which has the lap pool, and have always received that location. However we book with Embarc points rather than exchanging in.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
None of the units there have what II terms full kitchens, because there is no oven. We have only stayed in the 1 BR terrace units upstairs with the outdoor showers...

I can confirm that #14-4 (1BR end unit on second floor) has a full kitchen with a normal range/oven, microwave drawer, refrigerator, and dishwasher!

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club

Thank you PamMo. Just what I needed also. Just to bump this thread, we have a 1 bdrm for December 6-13 and would love any other thoughts about what to request. We know we will be on a second floor and near the adult pools sounds like a good idea (although we are not likely at all to swim).

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you PamMo. Just what I needed also. Just to bump this thread, we have a 1 bdrm for December 6-13 and would love any other thoughts about what to request. We know we will be on a second floor and near the adult pools sounds like a good idea (although we are not likely at all to swim).
I'm not sure that you can go wrong there. I feel like the units are pretty comparable.