• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Embarc owners BOD

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ooo, nice! when is the vote due?

is there actually a chance at winning a seat? or are the votes stacked in favor of developer nominated directors?

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
I'm the incumbent and yes, because of the 6000+ members of the FB group I am one of admin of, I will have more votes than any other candidate. This particular seat is voted on by the members only. The declarant (now Hilton) does not vote for this position. They do determine the outcome for the other 4 directors as they have 15 times voting power per point than the individual members do. Although the developer owns only about 6% of the points, only 20% or so of members actually vote. It would take something like 60% of members voting for the same person in order to overcome that advantage.
Voting closes June 13

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
kudos to stepping up and serving on the BOD! its a thankless job most days!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I'm the incumbent and yes, because of the 6000+ members of the FB group I am one of admin of, I will have more votes than any other candidate. This particular seat is voted on by the members only. The declarant (now Hilton) does not vote for this position. They do determine the outcome for the other 4 directors as they have 15 times voting power per point than the individual members do. Although the developer owns only about 6% of the points, only 20% or so of members actually vote. It would take something like 60% of members voting for the same person in order to overcome that advantage.
Voting closes June 13
Do you find your role has any position of real influence on what goes on or does it just work out that it is more of a method to get the word out to other owners to understand what is going on with Embarc? I would seem at 4 to 1, most votes sway toward whatever HGV wants to do?

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Do you find your role has any position of real influence on what goes on or does it just work out that it is more of a method to get the word out to other owners to understand what is going on with Embarc? I would seem at 4 to 1, most votes sway toward whatever HGV wants to do?
Yes, most votes sway to what HGV wants to do however I have found they do have an open ear and can be influenced. Being on the board has given me new contacts and relationships that help me to get assistance to members who need it for different administrative issues. Being one of the admins of the 6000+ Facebook group allows me to hear about problems, communicate them to the upper levels of the executive and communicate information to the FB members in a more granular way than the "official" communiqués. That said, I'm not on the Hilton corporate board, I'm on an HOA board and corporate decisions like the implementation of Max are not in our purvue.

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
kudos to stepping up and serving on the BOD! its a thankless job most days!
Not that bad really. Because I have direct contact through the FB group with a large number of members (and by now they all know who I am and that I will try to help them) it can be very rewarding. Call centres being what they are today, oftentimes things need to be referred higher up to get resolved and when I help with that and get a good outcome, it makes the member happy and me too!

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
I will vote today!

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Good luck, Chantal, not that I think you will need it!!

I just got home from spending 5 nights at HGVC (formerly Embarc) Whistler. Loved the resort and the rooms, although there is a fair bit of construction going on due to upgrading and renovations, plus repairs after some flooding a few weeks ago.

One of my cousins in Vancouver is an Embarc owner. We talked about the changes with the transfer to HGVC and the implications of HGV Max. I mentioned how informative and helpful you have been on TUG. He and his wife were well aware of who you are and spoke very highly of you!! I know they will be voting for you. Thanks for keeping us informed, even if the information isn't always what we hoped to hear.

Bill4728

Reaction score
If you haven't voted do so ASAP

Not enough owners have voted yet.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Goodluck, Chantal. I hope you are elected to the BOD.

Last edited:
Reactions: cd5

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
I don't want to sound overconfident or arrogant, but thanks to the very large number of members in our Facebook group, who I know are voting for my re-election through their comments and posts, it would be virtually impossible for an outsider to be elected without a similar group backing them.
I do my best to deserve our members' respect and their faith in me by keeping them informed, helping to resolve any issues that are in my scope and by being in direct contact (and responding one on one) with those needing help, thanks to the FB group.
That said, anything posted or any opinion voiced by me in public forums (such as TUG) or on social media, are my private opinion as a member, not as a board director. I am careful to respect the terms of the NDA I signed. Election closes June 13th.

Eggrollcreative

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Elara, Worldmark, Seagull Beach Club, Vacation Internationale
This is fascinating! Your service is appreciated… another benefit of TUG, members like you!