• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Email regarding adding required guest confirmations prior to May 18

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
*** Thanks Wyndham - ask me to do something online that is not possible (changing owner names on a reservation) prior to the new system going live. If we can believe this, we'll have 48 hours after they complete the upgrades to change the guest names. ***

Dear <Valued Customer>,

We hope you have had the opportunity to review the recent communications regarding the upcoming changes to the CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus Program Guidelines and the launch of your enhanced owner website.

Our records indicate that you currently have two or more reservations confirmed for the same time period under the same name. In accordance with the updated Guest Confirmation Policy set forth in the recently communicated 4/20/17 Supplement to the 2014-2015 CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus Resort Directory, it is required that a Guest Confirmation be obtained for any unit you will not be occupying yourself.

With the implementation of system upgrades fast approaching, we want to ensure a smooth transition for your reservations. Prior to May 18, please visit myclubwyndham.com to update these reservations by adding a guest name to any additional units currently reserved for the same time period. The reservation(s) will be cancelled if a guest name has not been added within 48 hours after the system upgrades are complete. We strongly recommend you take immediate action, prior to the system upgrades, so your reservations are not at risk for cancellation.

As a reminder, we’re scheduled to begin the implementation on Friday, May 19, 2017, and expect the system upgrades to take place throughout that entire weekend. As such, you will not be able to make any CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus transactions over the phone or online until the upgrades are complete.

If you haven’t already done so, don’t forget to visit preview.myclubwyndham.com and create your login. We also encourage you to read the full overview of the updates to the CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Program Guidelines, located here.

If you have questions, please visit myclubwyndham.com or contact us at 800-251-8736 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. ET; Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. ET.

We thank you for being a valued CLUB WYNDHAM Plus member.

Sincerely,

Your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Family

6277 Sea Harbor Drive
Orlando, FL 32821

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Technically they did not say you could change to a co-owner online, only to add a guest.

In any case, I just called in and changed one of my bookings to a co-owner's name. It was super easy (but that was also in the first couple of days after the new policy was announced).

If you have no co-owners on your membership, you'll be limited to adding a guest online or in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I've canceled and re-booked a number of reservations all the way out to Bike Week at Daytona. Put the new reservations under my wife's name.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I've canceled and re-booked a number of reservations all the way out to Bike Week at Daytona. Put the new reservations under my wife's name.

I'll do that for some (to avoid calling). But... in doing so you may affect the upgrade priority - thus I more likely will call and have them do it.

Then they can apologize to all of us valued owners for the long wait times.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I'll do that for some (to avoid calling). But... in doing so you may affect the upgrade priority - thus I more likely will call and have them do it.

Then they can apologize to all of us valued owners for the long wait times.

They were Ocean Walk 3BR units -- nothing to upgrade to.

But, your point is well-taken.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Has everyone who had overlapping reservations received this email?

If so, then I can state that using a different owner name in the drop down, even though one is upper case and one is mixed case, this may indeed lead to the results each is a unique name. I have duplicate booking but put one in my name, and one in the upper case version of my name. I did not receive notice of duplicate bookings.

I have duplicate booking that I will eventually cancel but I am using them as a learning experience on auto upgrades and other new features.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I have had overlapping reservations before and was not a problem, of course if something works they will FIX it. I am also annoyed by these resort fees that are being added by the resorts, we pay enough exchange and Maintenence fees. Sometimes we don't take part in resort activities so what do they use that extra fee for?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have had overlapping reservations before and was not a problem, of course if something works they will FIX it. I am also annoyed by these resort fees that are being added by the resorts, we pay enough exchange and Maintenence fees. Sometimes we don't take part in resort activities so what do they use that extra fee for?

What Wyndham's have resort fees? I am not aware of any, except for Smuggs (and this fee is greatly reduced if you book through Wyndham as an owner vs booking through Wyndham on a Guest Cert or via RCI) and that fee has only been in effect since last month.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
What Wyndham's have resort fees? I am not aware of any, except for Smuggs (and this fee is greatly reduced if you book through Wyndham as an owner vs booking through Wyndham on a Guest Cert or via RCI) and that fee has only been in effect since last month.

Unless it changed, Kingsgate has a fee per day ($6) for the resort. You pay it up front.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Not Wyndham exclusive, other resorts VV particular has $25.00 extra fee

gottashiner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Daytona Beach-Ocean Walk, San Francisco Canterbury
Wyndham Margiritaville in St. Thomas has a $25/night government fee

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I do view a distinction between what a government charges and what extra fee the resort levies. The former is out of their control, the latter is NOT.