• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

email problem with Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

frenchieinme

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope someone out there is using Windows XP with Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and can assist me with this problem. When I create a new message and attach something to it, the email goes to the Outbox and for some reason (which is the problem) I can not send the email out of the Outbox. Anyone have an answer why or a soultion?

frenchieinme :hi:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When this happens to me, more often than not, it's one of these problems:
-the attachment size is too big
-I'm trying to send too many attachments at once
-I'm trying to send to too many people at once
-One of the e-mails I'm sending to is not valid

Usually, it's the attachment size/number issue, and if I break it down, it will go through fine.

Of course, if you're having issues connecting with your e-mail server, that causes an identical "looking" issue.

Good luck. I use Outlook 7 with Windows XP on my work laptop. It only makes me appreciate this little Powerbook I use personally even more. :ignore:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its possible that there is something else in the outbox thats jamming things up. delete everything in the out box and try again

frenchieinme

TUG Member
Reaction score
When this happens to me, more often than not, it's one of these problems:
-the attachment size is too big
-I'm trying to send too many attachments at once
-I'm trying to send to too many people at once
-One of the e-mails I'm sending to is not valid

Usually, it's the attachment size/number issue, and if I break it down, it will go through fine.

Of course, if you're having issues connecting with your e-mail server, that causes an identical "looking" issue.

Good luck. I use Outlook 7 with Windows XP on my work laptop. It only makes me appreciate this little Powerbook I use personally even more. :ignore:

Can you define for me too big? 2 of the 5 emails stuck in the outbox do not even have an attachment. Weird.

Thanks for the input though. I will try what Ron has suggested and see if it goes out the 2nd time around.

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you define for me too big? 2 of the 5 emails stuck in the outbox do not even have an attachment. Weird.

Thanks for the input though. I will try what Ron has suggested and see if it goes out the 2nd time around.

Once it is jammed, nothing that comes after moves either. Think of it like a plugged drain.

10 Mb is the maximum that my Outlook can handle. I try to keep down to 8 or less.

elaine

geekette

Reaction score
So clicking Send/receive does nothing? it just sits?

In some configs, outbox is simply a bucket for outgoig mail until you click Send/receive. Does Send/Receive do nothing, or act like it did something but didn't, or error?

frenchieinme

TUG Member
Reaction score
found the problem finally :)

After much dilligent trial and error, finally found the culprit. Whenever I started to print out the email I wanted to person I wanted to receive the email, the mail box where this recipient was already saved in popped ip and I would click on it to save time. Well, that email address was incorrect as it somehow had a ' attached to the name. I deleted the saved email address and re-entered the address correctly and VOILA the email left the outbox and was sent out to the internet.

Thanks for everybody's time and effort with your suggestions. As usual, the solution was a simple little item. :annoyed:

geekette

Reaction score
After much dilligent trial and error, finally found the culprit. Whenever I started to print out the email I wanted to person I wanted to receive the email, the mail box where this recipient was already saved in popped ip and I would click on it to save time. Well, that email address was incorrect as it somehow had a ' attached to the name. I deleted the saved email address and re-entered the address correctly and VOILA the email left the outbox and was sent out to the internet.

Thanks for everybody's time and effort with your suggestions. As usual, the solution was a simple little item. :annoyed:

SIMPLE is GOOD! :cheer:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Yeah - as alluded to above, your mail server processes messages in the outbox in the order in which they were added to the mail box, starting with the oldest. So if there is a problem with an e-mail which causes the mail server to be unable to process the message, everything stops until the problem is resolved.

As mentioned, the most common problem is usually related to number/size of attachments. But, as you learned, some problems with e-mail addresses will have the same effect.

Another one that I have stumbled across is if the mail server is configured to block mail messages with attachments that might contain malicious code. (A server might be set to do this to help prevent viruses, worms, or trojans from being spread via the mail system.) I've seen mail message stuck in an outbox because of that.