• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Email from Wyndham "We've Heard Your Feedback"

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We’re Committed to Helping You Own It!

The newly redesigned myclubwyndham.com website rolled out about a month ago. We recognize that for some of you, this transition hasn’t been seamless or without challenges.

If you haven’t already done so, check out your new site’s FAQ and Own It pages as these may be helpful resources before you login. Over the next few weeks, we anticipate that the Vacation Planning Center will be busier than usual as they assist owners with the site and new CLUB WYNDHAM Program Guidelines.

As a reminder, if you’re visiting the revamped website for the first time, you must create a brand-new username and password to access it. For those who’ve already successfully registered, we encourage you to explore the website’s dashboard, Owner 101, What’s Happening, and other sections to help you get familiar with its features and functionality.

Thank you for choosing CLUB WYNDHAM. We understand how much you value your travel experiences and we’re dedicated to successfully onboarding every owner to these new systems.

----

Translation?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
It states "that for some of you, this transition hasn’t been seamless or without challenges." But nowhere do they acknowledge that any of this is their fault, or apologize in any way. Inadequate. It's like they're trying to speak in code to the people who have had the most problems, while hiding from people whose accounts have mostly been working correctly that there are serious structural issues going on.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree. It is a type of marketing spin, no question, and it's intentionally languaged in a way to do exactly what you describe. The lack of apology and directive to "check out your new site's FAQ" infers that owners not "seemless" in their "transition" are experiencing that because they are not yet familiar with the sites new rules. Not because the site itself has any real issues.

This is what is on the "Own It" page:

WFL_OwnItPg.JPG

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
"Have Questions? We've Got Answers."

ROFL. If you want to wait 3 hours to speak to someone, and have them assign it a case number.

CYRUS2400

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Garden, C.W. Access, PIC's.
They took away my 3 year pool option and replaced it with a very rigid deposit 'feature'. How did that help me 'own' my 'travel experience?'. I can work with the crappy search feature, but, they destroyed a key part of my personal vacation planning process. Seems to me that they now 'own' me.

JerseyDeb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I received the email as well. Before I opened it I thought hey, Wyndham is actually addressing the my numerous emails and "feeback" on problems I am having upgrading within the 45 day window. But no, just the same garbage. If I have one more VC tell me that we owners just need to get used to the new website I will scream. I told the last one to please not say that! It is not the "owners" it is Wyndham and their new disastrous website launch!

And for those of you old enough to remember, my husband likened the "improved" website to "New Coke". And we old-timers all know how well that went over!

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
WyndhamOwnIt said:
As we continue to refine the new website, we anticipate that the Vacation Planning Center will be busier than usual as they assist owners with the enhanced website and new CLUB WYNDHAM Program Guidelines over the next few weeks. For any needs that aren’t urgent during that time, your new website may be the fastest resource.

:shrug::shrug::shrug: What qualifies as "urgent"

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I find it interesting that *they* won't own it, but they certainly want you owners to "own it"! I have no idea how you guys have put up with this debacle. What they have put you through is just terrible.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Absolutely tone deaf response. This reminds me of the "customers might be re-accomodated" response from United.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
It's not us, it's you.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham World is FINE ... they are still drafting the MFs monthly out of our bank accounts and their paychecks (and bonus checks) clear the bank. And they are going on their vacations and cruises ..... WHICH we are their source of INCOME.

Without paying owners .... Wyndham employees and shareholders would have NOTHING but the HOT AIR and vacations gone down the toilet ... which is what MANY OWNERS are currently enjoying with their ownerships.

Certain stuff flows downhill.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe

The newly redesigned myclubwyndham.com website rolled out about a month ago. We recognize that for some of you, this transition hasn’t been seamless or without challenges.

If you haven’t already done so, check out your new site’s FAQ and Own It pages as these may be helpful resources before you login. Over the next few weeks, we anticipate that the Vacation Planning Center will be busier than usual as they assist owners with the site and new CLUB WYNDHAM Program Guidelines.

As a reminder, if you’re visiting the revamped website for the first time, you must create a brand-new username and password to access it. For those who’ve already successfully registered, we encourage you to explore the website’s dashboard, Owner 101, What’s Happening, and other sections to help you get familiar with its features and functionality.

Thank you for choosing CLUB WYNDHAM. We understand how much you value your travel experiences and we’re dedicated to successfully onboarding every owner to these new systems.
I'm guessing this wonderfully worthless piece of drivel was passed through Wyndham's legal department a half dozen times in order to get the wording just right. As bad as things are, any official statement from WYN has to be parsed thoroughly to divine what the heck they are really saying.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just saw this post on the FB group in response to someone else posting about this email notification.

Jay Williams:" I got it to work for me today. Yay! Takes about 20 times longer than it used to, but that little spinning circle seems to have cured my bi-polar disorder!" :rolleyes:

Since no one is drinking the koolaid on this one, am wondering if it will evap away or draw flies.

sharetimer

Reaction score
And don't forget folks: at the May 2012 Vacation Owners Association (VOA) Meeting, Wyndham indicated Voyager would be launched by the end of 2012. Didn't happen, and then in typical fashion, nothing was mentioned about Voyager at the 2013 VOA Meeting.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
They heard our feedback, but they're not listening to us. If they were they'd be apologizing and would hire professions to take over the website development. Instead Wyndham Corporate spends most of the day in a circle jerk.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater

----

Translation?

I got this too. I think it is nothing more than a form letter sent to everybody who has sent in feedback.

Translation? It's going to be a rough few months ahead. We will try to help but we really got nothing for you. Good luck and enjoy your new experience.......

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe it is an attempt to acknowledge that they are receiving "inputs" regarding the new website. And I agree the legal department probably reviewed the draft multiple times and eliminated anything that may have had the potential to be used against them in any subsequent legal action.

It's sort of like when your insurance rep tells you to never say you're sorry when you're in an automobile accident, because it can be taken as an admission of guilt.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got this too. I think it is nothing more than a form letter sent to everybody who has sent in feedback.

Translation? It's going to be a rough few months ahead. We will try to help but we really got nothing for you. Good luck and enjoy your new experience.......

I think they sent it to all owners. I didn't send in feedback and still got it. They must know everyone hates their new website and figured they would be proactive and tell everyone they are listening. Doesn't say they are fixing anything specific and of course will not admit it was a bad move...

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they sent it to all owners. I didn't send in feedback and still got it. They must know everyone hates their new website and figured they would be proactive and tell everyone they are listening. Doesn't say they are fixing anything specific and of course will not admit it was a bad move...

I didn't get the email nor did I get the email stating the new web site was going online.. I rely on TUG.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
It was a good laugh.

If I imply you did not register yet then I don't have to take responsibility for the owners not being able to login. They sure do like to focus on the 'have you registered yet' angle.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
It was a good laugh.

If I imply you did not register yet then I don't have to take responsibility for the owners not being able to login. They sure do like to focus on the 'have you registered yet' angle.
It's as if they've just noticed that there's a dumpster fire they need to put out while a half mile away there's a raging forest fire burning everything in sight but that's not yet a priority.

sjdanb

Reaction score

I am a Platinum Owner and did not receive anything in the mail from Wyndham; no phone calls, either. I have sent numerous emails and notices on the new website feedback, stating my extreme discontent with the new website and its new functions/ regulations and its inefficient and unreliable new procedures. I wish the old website still was here; otherwise, I hope this new website will get better.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a Platinum Owner and did not receive anything in the mail from Wyndham; no phone calls, either. I have sent numerous emails and notices on the new website feedback, stating my extreme discontent with the new website and its new functions/ regulations and its inefficient and unreliable new procedures. I wish the old website still was here; otherwise, I hope this new website will get better.
It actually WILL get better but not in a timeline that will satisfy most owners. There is no question that Wyndham is now fully aware that there are problems. Do not expect admission of error, any reflection that this is more than owners inabilty to adapt to something new or reasonable compensation for lost reservations, phantom inventories, or broken upgrade promises. That's not going to happen.

Your frustrations are valid and your expectations that Wyndham should provide owners with a functional method of using their ownerships are well founded. It is what we have ALL come to expect as part of the quality of ownership we purchased, regardless of retail or aftermarket. Sadly, Wyndham chooses to provide us with inferior services for the price of todays ticket.

Read through the threads. OP's have already posted places to send letters of complaint if you choose to follow through with those methods. whther that exercise will bear fruit only time will tell and it will depend on the volume of complaints submitted. There are OP's that continue to state it is a hollow exercise. Still falls to the individual owner to decide.