• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite survey.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else do the email survey for Elite owners? I like to do those surveys because the further you get into them, the easier it is to tell what they are really going on about.

It looked to me like they are trying to figure out what type of benefits would motivate people become Elite for. The "benefits" they asked about where still nowhere near the cost of purchasing. Does anyone want to pay tens of thousands of dollars to have turn down service? :p

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else do the email survey for Elite owners? I like to do those surveys because the further you get into them, the easier it is to tell what they are really going on about.

It looked to me like they are trying to figure out what type of benefits would motivate people become Elite for. The "benefits" they asked about where still nowhere near the cost of purchasing. Does anyone want to pay tens of thousands of dollars to have turn down service? :p

You would be amazed at what people would pay for.... To be honest, Elite might make sense if it included useful perks (like I don't know, a fully stocked fridge upon arrival, No charge for on property restaurants and bar service (including "adult beverages"), Free daily Dry cleaning service, and/or other things that would make the stay seem more like an all inclusive experience).

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No. And I'm Elite so I wonder why I didn't. Will you send me a PM with the e-mail or forward it to me from your e-mail? Or tell me when you got it so I can call the Elite desk and say WTF. I definitely have opinions.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
No. And I'm Elite so I wonder why I didn't. Will you send me a PM with the e-mail or forward it to me from your e-mail? Or tell me when you got it so I can call the Elite desk and say WTF. I definitely have opinions.

I found it in my trash. It says not to forward the link because it is tied to my email address. I'll copy/paste it to a PM here.

P.S. It came to me on 10/27. Maybe it is in your spam folder. Or, since they said it is tied to my email address, maybe they are just sending it to certain people. I do have a contract listed for sale, which will remove my Elite status. Perhaps, they are wondering why someone would give that up.

Last edited:

venom550pm

Reaction score
I received one as well. I usually do them. I tried sending it to my DW to fill it out, but it wouldn't let her, said it was already done.

TheWizz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Didn't get a survey this time. Checked SPAM/JUNK folders. I probably deleted it and then erased it from my memory... :)

Asl18940

Reaction score
I always say the same thing. Make the hilton honors conversion better. Now that point values under the HH system have gone up dramatically, the conversion is terrible. I've always told people don't make my mistake. Buy resale only, and the elite category (I'm plus) is not in any way worth the cost of buying direct of HGVC. I truly regret I purchased that way, though I very much like the system.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the response I got. Why wouldn't they just send it to everyone? Do they really have so many zillion Elite members that they can't handle responses from everyone? Just click "send to everyone" and off you go. Oh well, here is what they told me:

As you have come to know, there was a survey distributed earlier this week to a random sampling of the Elite population. Although you were not in this randomization, we welcome and encourage members to provide feedback whenever felt appropriate.

Should you like to provide insight into your experiences, please email Input@HGVC.com. This email is actively monitored and items are triaged, documented and forwarded for appropriate handling.

If you would prefer, I can arrange for you to speak with someone regarding any questions or concerns you may have.

Please let me know if I can do anything further to assist.