• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite nights credit for guests?

Toppermom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some weeks ago (maybe a few months???) I read about a Tugger getting elite night credits for a stay when the stay was as a guest. I remember that their name was on the reservation and that they used their Marriott VISA card for charges incurred during the stay. What I am curious about is whether or not the person that had the original reservation also had their MR number on file and also got elite night credit.

I have been told there can only be one MR associated with a reservation. We are going to the Grand Chateau in a couple of weeks. We will be in a 3 BR and have friends staying in the 1 BR portion. I have put their name on the reservation along with ours. Is it possible for both of us to get Elite nights credit for the stay?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
No, only one MR number can be on the reservation. So whichever number is on the reservation will get the elite night credits. If you can get the resort to split the reservation in to two confirmations, it would be possible to add each number to each confirmation. You could call and ask indicating that you each want to be able to put a separate credit card on the room. I know they can combine reservations, but not sure if they can split them.

Berea1

TUG Member
Reaction score
What telephone number to call?

What Marriott telephone number do you call in order (1) to have your MR number associated with the timeshare stay, and (2) to have the nights count toward platinum status? Patrick

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
What Marriott telephone number do you call in order (1) to have your MR number associated with the timeshare stay, and (2) to have the nights count toward platinum status? Patrick

1-800-MARRIOTT

pacheco18

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have received elite stay credits as a guest in a friend's reservation. I was surprised.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I have received elite stay credits as a guest in a friend's reservation. I was surprised.

But did they also receive Elite nights? That is what the OP is asking.

pacheco18

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know. As I said, I was surprised to get the credit for the stay.
We are sharing our unit with the same couple next month at the same resort. Let's see if they get the stay credit!

Nickfromct

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know. As I said, I was surprised to get the credit for the stay.
We are sharing our unit with the same couple next month at the same resort. Let's see if they get the stay credit!

I think they only way this can be done is to set up seperate billing(ie; seperate credit card #'s) for 1br. and the studio.

pacheco18

TUG Member
Reaction score
What we always do is add our guests' names to the reservation and when they arrive they add their Marriott number and credit card. We both charge to the unit separately. Maybe that's the trick.

Keep in mind that when we got the credit last night it was NOT a lock off unit. This next time it will be.

Toppermom

TUG Member
Reaction score
What we always do is add our guests' names to the reservation and when they arrive they add their Marriott number and credit card. We both charge to the unit separately. Maybe that's the trick.

Keep in mind that when we got the credit last night it was NOT a lock off unit. This next time it will be.

This is what I remembered reading when you mentioned it in an earlier thread. I tried doing that at the Grand Chateau last Nov when we were there as guests of friends of ours in a 3BR. We were staying in the 1 BR side. When I asked to attach our MR number to the reservation (we had been added as guests), I was told that only 1 MR number could be attached to a res.

We are returning to the Grand Chateau in a couple of weeks. This time our friends will be staying in the 1BR side. I am trying to figure out if there is some way that we can both get credit like you did!!

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any Marriott reservation agent can add the MR number to a reservation. I didn't recall the OP saying they were Platnium in MR program.