• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite Night Credit

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We are staying at Westin Lagunamar, through a Getaway. Do we get credit for our 14 nights? Also we noticed that in Maui we got credit using our SO reservation at north but not for our 5 night same reservation at Nanea. I'm assuming those don't count? Thanks in advance for your input

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've always received nightly credit for stays, no matter how I booked them. When I book multiple rooms for family trips, I only get nightly credit for one unit. It's always a good idea to keep records/receipts of your stays until your nights post. If there's a problem, it is easily resolved by sending in the documentation of your stay.

Are you in Lagunamar now? We're headed down there soon!

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
You should get elite night credit for all ownership stays. Maybe not on exchanges through II, but definitely yes on home resort and VSN stays. Not sure about a Getaway, but I'd try to claim it if you don't get it.

If you don't get credit, you should submit a request on Marriott site. Now that I think about it, I think II stays are supposed to be included and give you elite night credit.

You won't get credit for Encore package stays.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've received nightly credits that count towards elite status with every kind of stay. I've been Titanium Elite for several years, and stays at my Home Resorts (Marriott and Westin), StarOption reservations, Marriott Destination Club reservations, Interval trades, Getaways, free night certificates (even the fifth-night-free nights count!), and nights paid-with-cash count towards elite status.

It makes record keeping much easier if you give the front desk your Bonvoy number when you check in - or at least sometime during your stay.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You should get Elite night credit for all these stays. The only ones that never *rarely* count are Encore Package stays. Go into Marriott.com and lookup the reservation and add your Bonvoy number to them so the reservations then show up under My Trips in your Marriott.com account. Make sure the front desk also has your Bonvoy account on record. I have noticed a much better track record of getting Elite night credit since Vistana confirmations migrated over to the primary Marriott reservation system.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you!. We did give them our marriott number before check in so maybe it will take awhile to show up. If not we will submit it to Marriott. We have titanium now but won't in Feb.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thank you!. We did give them our marriott number before check in so maybe it will take awhile to show up. If not we will submit it to Marriott. We have titanium now but won't in Feb.
Show up where? You won't get the credit until several days after checkout. If you are looking to see the reservation on Marriott.com, I have noticed that sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't show up there when you give your Bonvoy number at checkin.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've always received nightly credit for stays, no matter how I booked them. When I book multiple rooms for family trips, I only get nightly credit for one unit. It's always a good idea to keep records/receipts of your stays until your nights post. If there's a problem, it is easily resolved by sending in the documentation of your stay.

Are you in Lagunamar now? We're headed down there soon!
Yes, we are here for 2 weeks. PM me if you want to meet for a drink It's just my husband and I this trip, much quieter than our Maui visit

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Show up where? You won't get the credit until several days after checkout. If you are looking to see the reservation on Marriott.com, I have noticed that sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't show up there when you give your Bonvoy number at checkin.
OK , we were checking on the Marriott site. Thanks for clarifying that.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
OK , we were checking on the Marriott site. Thanks for clarifying that.
For future says, you should always try to make sure your number is on the reservation before you get there. A few days after you get confirmation from II, you can go to Marriott.com and look up the reservation manually then edit it and add your Bonvoy number. This isn't a guarantee that you will get credit automatically either, but it is helpful to making sure it is in there right.

Be sure to keep a copy of your folio after checkout in the event you need to file a missing stay request.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
I have had the credit take as long as two weeks after checkout to show up, but it always does show up. But I haven't had an Interval stay at a Vistana or MVC property so can't speak to that. As others have confirmed, you should get the credit. My Vistana stays have helped me make Titanium the last few years.

skibummer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV x5 (Scottsdale)
WLR x3 (Cancun)
SVV-Bella x2 (Orlando)
WMH x2 (Palm Springs)
WNORVK (Maui)
Chairman’s Club
Lagunamar almost never credits your stay unless you contact Marriott but you will get credit on a regular timeshare stay but may have to submit documentation of your stay.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lagunamar almost never credits your stay unless you contact Marriott but you will get credit on a regular timeshare stay but may have to submit documentation of your stay.
I had the same issue. Stayed at Lagunamar last month. Waited a couple weeks, then had to contact Marriott to get credit. Finally got the Elite Night Credits but no Bonvoy points for any of the charges I made to the room at the resort, which were on the invoice I submitted to get the Elite Nights.

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
I had the same issue. Stayed at Lagunamar last month. Waited a couple weeks, then had to contact Marriott to get credit. Finally got the Elite Night Credits but no Bonvoy points for any of the charges I made to the room at the resort, which were on the invoice I submitted to get the Elite Nights.
In general, my experience with missing stay requests requires more than ont communication with them to get all the details sorted out. Keep at it.

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
In general, my experience with missing stay requests requires more than ont communication with them to get all the details sorted out. Keep at it.
“…more than one…”

jpfordz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VDP-Flamingos
Sheraton Flex
We stayed at Lagunamar last year for two weeks on II Getaways. Even though I had added our Bonvoy number to the stay prior to arrival I still had to submit a missing stay report but got all the elite night and resort credits added to our Bonvoy account.

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
We stayed at Lagunamar last year for two weeks on II Getaways. Even though I had added our Bonvoy number to the stay prior to arrival I still had to submit a missing stay report but got all the elite night and resort credits added to our Bonvoy account.
Same here.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We have had issues with Lagunamar too. I thought things would be better now with the systems more combined. I guess not....