• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite HHonors vs HGVC

cshinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received my Club Traveler email today from HGVC and it talks about The Registry Collection for Elite Premier members. I have and use my HHonors AMEX and have achieved Diamond status in HHonors, but only have 5,000 annual points with HGVC. Is there any way to become one of the Elite levels in HGVC through the HHonors credit card points programs?? Want to make sure I am not missing-out on something already.

Thanks!!

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
No. The only way to be elite in HGVC is to purchase 14K annual points through the developer. The benefits are so small, that you would never recoup your investment in the retail purchase.

EDIT: I just noticed you referred to Elite Premier benefits. You'd have to buy something like 36K annual points through the developer to get that.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
The competitive nature in me has always like the term elite member.. Like the OP, i am Hilton Diamond, and have "elite" status in a few other programs.. Unfortunately the HGVC elite does not really provide that many benefits, particularly in relation to what it costs to achieve that.

Last time I attended an "update" the sales person was promoting the benefits of the registry collection as a long term goal we should try for.. I did not want to spend any more time that i had to, so did not press for me details... It not clear to me if you can book this with pure points, or if this just another deal where you spend some points, then a bunch of cash to book ..