• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite credit at Harborside

Snowonbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Harborside, Diamond Resorts
I think I know the answer after reading past posts but I don't understand why. Will we get Marriott reward elite night credits for our 7 day stay at our home resort, Harborside?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There should be no Elite nights or points on incidentals granted. It is neither a Westin or Sheraton branded property. The Atlantis resort is an Autograph Collection, but the Harborside Timeshare carries no brand.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Well for goodness sake. Slap on a name, don't care if it is Weston or Sheraton don't just leave it orphaned along with Vistana Beach Club.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Well for goodness sake. Slap on a name, don't care if it is Weston or Sheraton don't just leave it orphaned along with Vistana Beach Club.
I believe Lakeside Terrace was also orphaned, though they recently added the Sheraton brand to the property.

komosatp

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has a branded name: Harborside at **Atlantis**. Atlantis is neither owned nor managed by Marriott, so it wouldn't be appropriate to add an unrelated brand.

ekuck

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, WKORV, WLR, HGVC-UK
Actually, The Atlantis Bahamas resort is now part of the Marriott Autograph Collection, and the Cove, Coral, Royal, Reef, and Beach all can be booked on Marriott.com and have elite night stay credit according to the rewards desk. I asked platinum rewards desk if the can escalate why Harborside is not on the list even though it displays as part of the autograph collection here: www.atlantisbahamas.com/rooms/harborsideresort
but is not listed here:
www.marriott.com/atlantis/travel.mi

I think owners should get elite night stay credit per the August email from Vistana that states: "For the first time ever, Owners will now earn credit on their ownership stays toward higher membership tiers in the new loyalty program (Platinum Elite, Lifetime, etc.)."
...Note that this does NOT exclude Harborside...
The Marriott Rewards T&Cs has a section covering Atlantis that does not specifically exclude Harborside or elite night credit.

I stayed at Harborside for 20 nights and was on the phone with the platinum rewards help desk for over an hour. They were helpful but cannot give elite night credit for Harborside because it does not have a hotel code in their system. The other Atlantis hotels do have Marriott hotels codes. You will have zero chance of getting elite night stay credit for Harborside until it has a hotel code.

If anyone is a Harborside owner and has contacts with the owners association, I suggest they raise this issue and see if Harborside can be assigned a hotel code in the Marriott system. The combination of it being a Vistana property and the other Atlantis hotels being in the Autograph collection make a good case for adding it. The rewards desk rep I worked with has sent an email to management, but I wouldn't count on it being corrected just from an email.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I found this interesting tidbit in the Marriott Rewards T&C;

Non-branded properties - the following non-branded properties participate:

● Hotel Mandji
● The Maxwell New York City Vistana Beach Club
● Philadelphia 201 Hotel
● Vistana Beach Club

So it seems that you would receive elite night credit for stays at Vistana Beach Club. Harborside is not listed.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You also do not get bonus points when paying MF's at Harborside. My Category was listed as Travel and the reward was 2X's other.
I have to go back and check but I thought I got full bonus level when paying on my SPG amex.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
You also do not get bonus points when paying MF's at Harborside. My Category was listed as Travel and the reward was 2X's other.
I have to go back and check but I thought I got full bonus level when paying on my SPG amex.

Did you pay with the Chase Marriott card or SPG Amex? Chase does not pay the multiplier on Vistana MFs.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you pay with the Chase Marriott card or SPG Amex? Chase does not pay the multiplier on Vistana MFs.
I paid the majority of it with my SPG Amex. I paid the leftover amount on my recently upgraded Chase Marriott. I did not realize Vistana MF didn't get multipliers with the Chase Marriott. I was thinking with the upgraded Marriott card I could get rid of the Amex but I guess not.

Smr4820

TUG Member
Reaction score
I pay my Vistana MFs using my Chase Sapphire Reserve card and receive triple points as MFs fall under the travel category, hope this is helpful.

KevinWells18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, The Atlantis Bahamas resort is now part of the Marriott Autograph Collection, and the Cove, Coral, Royal, Reef, and Beach all can be booked on Marriott.com and have elite night stay credit according to the rewards desk. I asked platinum rewards desk if the can escalate why Harborside is not on the list even though it displays as part of the autograph collection here: www.atlantisbahamas.com/rooms/harborsideresort
but is not listed here:
www.marriott.com/atlantis/travel.mi

I think owners should get elite night stay credit per the August email from Vistana that states: "For the first time ever, Owners will now earn credit on their ownership stays toward higher membership tiers in the new loyalty program (Platinum Elite, Lifetime, etc.)."
...Note that this does NOT exclude Harborside...
The Marriott Rewards T&Cs has a section covering Atlantis that does not specifically exclude Harborside or elite night credit.

I stayed at Harborside for 20 nights and was on the phone with the platinum rewards help desk for over an hour. They were helpful but cannot give elite night credit for Harborside because it does not have a hotel code in their system. The other Atlantis hotels do have Marriott hotels codes. You will have zero chance of getting elite night stay credit for Harborside until it has a hotel code.

If anyone is a Harborside owner and has contacts with the owners association, I suggest they raise this issue and see if Harborside can be assigned a hotel code in the Marriott system. The combination of it being a Vistana property and the other Atlantis hotels being in the Autograph collection make a good case for adding it. The rewards desk rep I worked with has sent an email to management, but I wouldn't count on it being corrected just from an email.

KevinWells18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have there been any updates to this situation regarding elite night credits for Harborside stays?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I pay my Vistana MFs using my Chase Sapphire Reserve card and receive triple points as MFs fall under the travel category, hope this is helpful.
Same. Get the bonus points

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
The chase sapphire card does.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
It has a branded name: Harborside at **Atlantis**. Atlantis is neither owned nor managed by Marriott, so it wouldn't be appropriate to add an unrelated brand.

Someone correct me if I have this wrong.

Harborside Resort at Atlantis was a joint venture between kerzner intl and Starwood 50/50

Since kerzner no longer owns Atlantis,
Now Harborside resort is 50% owned by vistana now MVC and 50% owned by Brookfield assets. (My assumption).

Atlantis hotel is still 100% owned by Brookfield and all operations managed by Marriott under their autograph collection.

I’m confused as to why Marriott cannot handle the inventory for Harborside that Brookfield controls. In the past you always used to be able to book Harborside nightly rates through atlantisbahamas.com (the website set up after Kerzner lost it and it was no long affiliated with Kerzner intl or sun prop) but no longer able to be booked through the Marriott website. Did Brookfield release that inventory? Did they ever have inventory? Is that why I find availability easier at Harborside these days ? Lol. Someone who knows more please let us know.

Last edited:

komosatp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I have this wrong.
OK
Harborside Resort at Atlantis was a joint venture between kerzner intl and Starwood 50/50

Since kerzner no longer owns Atlantis,
Now Harborside resort is 50% owned by vistana now MVC and 50% owned by Brookfield assets. (My assumption).
HRA is sold-out, so its owned by it owners. Vistana continues to have control of the HRA BODs ( I assume because of the proxy rules built into the various bylaws). Vistana continues to contract-out on-site management of HRA to Atlantis. Not sure how legal and/or practical it would be for Vistana to replace Atlantis management with Marriott employees.
Atlantis hotel is still 100% owned by Brookfield and all operations managed by Marriott under their autograph collection.
Marriott does not manage Atlantis. Autograph Collection hotels can be/are separately owned and managed by non-Marriott entities. When Atlantis recapitalized, Brookfield formed an operating company made-up of the former managers of the resort - minus the old owner, Sol Kerzner.

Marriott was only peripherally involved in the Atlantis recapitalization. The total recap was for around $2 billion. A consortium of bank lenders provided $1.75 billion. Brookfield, the hedge fund/private equity company that now owns Atlantis put in $175 million of their own money. Marriott provided $100 million. So Marriott provided around 1/20th (~5%) of the recap funding, and in the form of a loan, not an equity investment. I don't think that loan gives Marriott much of a role in the day-to-day at Atlantis. It was more of a good faith gesture to inaugurate Atlantis becoming part of the Autograph Collection.

The bottom line is the Marriott loan was probably a value-add play for Marriott to add a signature property to use in its hotel loyalty system. And to have an inside track if/when Brookfield decides to sell Atlantis. Brookfield likes it because they have a seasoned hotel management company ready to step-in should the newly formed Atlantis management company not measure up.
I’m confused as to why Marriott cannot handle the inventory for Harborside that Brookfield controls. In the past you always used to be able to book Harborside nightly rates through atlantisbahamas.com (the website set up after Kerzner lost it and it was no long affiliated with Kerzner intl or sun prop) but no longer able to be booked through the Marriott website.
The small residual of units that Brookfield owns at Atlantis is proably not worth Marriott figuring out how to make point valuations in the Autograph collection system. It probably in the single digits per night arena.
Did Brookfield release that inventory? Did they ever have inventory? Is that why I find availability easier at Harborside these days ? Lol. Someone who knows more please let us know.
I think the breakage and residual inventory that ends up in Vistana control is booked via Atlantis' systems.

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
OKHRA is sold-out, so its owned by it owners. Vistana continues to have control of the HRA BODs ( I assume because of the proxy rules built into the various bylaws). Vistana continues to contract-out on-site management of HRA to Atlantis. Not sure how legal and/or practical it would be for Vistana to replace Atlantis management with Marriott employees.
Marriott does not manage Atlantis. Autograph Collection hotels can be/are separately owned and managed by non-Marriott entities. When Atlantis recapitalized, Brookfield formed an operating company made-up of the former managers of the resort - minus the old owner, Sol Kerzner.

Marriott was only peripherally involved in the Atlantis recapitalization. The total recap was for around $2 billion. A consortium of bank lenders provided $1.75 billion. Brookfield, the hedge fund/private equity company that now owns Atlantis put in $175 million of their own money. Marriott provided $100 million. So Marriott provided around 1/20th (~5%) of the recap funding, and in the form of a loan, not an equity investment. I don't think that loan gives Marriott much of a role in the day-to-day at Atlantis. It was more of a good faith gesture to inaugurate Atlantis becoming part of the Autograph Collection.

The bottom line is the Marriott loan was probably a value-add play for Marriott to add a signature property to use in its hotel loyalty system. And to have an inside track if/when Brookfield decides to sell Atlantis. Brookfield likes it because they have a seasoned hotel management company ready to step-in should the newly formed Atlantis management company not measure up.The small residual of units that Brookfield owns at Atlantis is proably not worth Marriott figuring out how to make point valuations in the Autograph collection system. It probably in the single digits per night arena.
I think the breakage and residual inventory that ends up in Vistana control is booked via Atlantis' systems.
Wow. Thank you!! Legally Can the relationship between harborside and Atlantis end?

komosatp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. Thank you!! Legally Can the relationship between harborside and Atlantis end?
Not from any practical perspective. Plus if the access were to end, so would the payment from HRA owners to Atlantis for the use of and access to Atlantis' land and amenities. The fees paid from HRA to Atlantis add up to several million per year of guaranteed revenue, so there's no reason for Atlantis' owners to want to end the relationship, especially because the access fee grows with inflation (specified as the Bahamian CPI in the access deed).

That being said, the access deed between Atlantis and HRA is Exhibit B.3 to the Harborside Resort Condominium II Public Offering Statement. Its a legal-ese document that has a section on 'Severance' that requires good faith negotiation if some element of the agreement somehow becomes illegal/unenforceable.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Is this Sol Kernzer? Lol. Thank you

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
You're rubbing it in !! :wall::);)
Ok, so you know a lot! I have a question about the harborside and the use of the preview gallery. Does that space belong to owners? It seems like it could be used so much more efficiently! It could be a transit center for people checking in and out to clear the clutter in the front by check in, it could be converted into a bigger market where the sales profit goes back into the ownership to help reduce maint fees so we don’t have to go offsite to shop, or converted to a larger fitness center so owners don’t have to pay for use at the Atlantis. It just seems like so much wasted space. I know the sundry store is operated by an outside company and we charge them rent, that would be a perfect space for a business center. Do we charge MVC rent to use that huge space as a sales center? If they are selling flex plans, and HRA isn’t part of any flex ownership how does that allow them to use the space for sales. To my knowledge they aren’t selling HRA weeks anymore there. Maybe they are.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Was I supposed to get night credits for a stay at the Atlantis (Coral) booked thru Atlantis directly using Marriott card? I had to email and did get points but not nights for a recent stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk