• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Electric Deep Fryers

kpitch

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hi Tuggers,

A family member has expressed an interest for an electric deep fryer for Xmas, a good one, not a Fry Daddy, but one with temperature controls and made of good quality. If you have experience with one, please share!

Thanks in advance!

Kathy
:wave:

RonB

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't have one now, but have had several in the past. The "problem" with frying anything is that when you put something cold, (or even room temp), in hot oil, the temp of the oil falls quickly, and that leads to greasy food. This is worse the smaller the volume of oil. So you either need a large fryer, or you need to cook in small batches. Having said that, units that have the heating coils in the oil, not under the bottom of the fryer, reheat quicker.
I hope this helps ~ Ron

pranas

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a flash fryer from HSN a few years ago that I really like. Don't use it very often but it does fry foods very well and the cooked food is not greasy. The fryer has the heating coils on the inside. Years ago, I had a regular deep fryer that worked well but the food was much greasier.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also have a flash fryer from HSN. Haven't used it in awhile, but when we do use it, it worked well.

mamiecarter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
What do you do with all that oil?

Never could figure out what to do with the left over oil if you only use the fryer occasionally.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Never could figure out what to do with the left over oil if you only use the fryer occasionally.

Strain it through a paper coffee filter and put in back into the bottle it came from. I write FRYER on the label. When it looks a little cloudy or many months have gone buy I end up throwing it away, but that way you can reuse it a few times.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I was given one a few years ago that was from Sam's. It works great. It is actually multiple pieces that fit together. The outter shell, inner oil tub, and then the coil and temperature unit fits to it. The coils sit reaised to create a cool zone below them where all the crud falls to. This leaves the upper oil always clean. The outter shell leaves the outside cool to the touch. All parts are stainless steel. It holds 1.25 gallons of oil and doesn't leave the food greasy.

Sthack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Delonghi Roto Fryer D895

The BEST deep fryer out there is a DeLonghi Cool-Touch Roto Fryer D895UX. I bought my first one about 10 years ago, it lasted about 8 years. I'm on my second Roto Fryer and just LOVE it!!!!!!!!!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The BEST deep fryer out there is a DeLonghi Cool-Touch Roto Fryer D895UX. I bought my first one about 10 years ago, it lasted about 8 years. I'm on my second Roto Fryer and just LOVE it!!!!!!!!!

I don't know the specific model, but ours is also a DeLonghi and cool touch. We like it.