• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elara Incidental Fees

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
To those that have stayed at Elara, what is the incidental fee? At Ocean 22 last year, it was $100 for the stay.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
What do you mean by "incidental" fee? We last stayed at Ocean 22 in March 2019 and did not pay any fee. The only charge I had on my credit card was for pizza delivered from the deli/store off the main lobby that I charged to our room. Are you confusing it with the $100 credit card "authorization" at check-in? That is only a "hold" on your CC and is released upon check-out, if there are no charges to your room or damage.

For HGVC owners the only fee that I am aware of at Ocean 22 (and it is a reduced one for owners) is for valet parking, if you choose not to self park in the parking garage. There is a daily "resort fee", but that only applies if you book it as a Hilton rental, rather than through HGVC.

Can't comment on Elara, since we have never stayed there, but we have never been charged any sort of "fee", incidental or otherwise, at any HGVC resort, except for something we have actually used or consumed and charged to the room.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I don’t remember paying any incidental fee to stay at Ocean 22. I think there was one activity my daughter did that we paid a nominal fee for when we checked out.

dropngo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC MarBrisa, HGVC on Blvd, HGVC Eagle's Nest, Hyatt High Sierra, Maui Banyan Vacation Club
I stayed @ Elara last August, it was $100 credit card on hold for incidental damages/room charges but it never charged when I checked out (since no damages or room charges of course)

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry, wrong terminology. The hold they put on your card in case you want to put something on the room. It was $100 for the stay and whatever we didn’t use was returned.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I stayed @ Elara last August, it was $100 credit card on hold for incidental damages/room charges but it never charged when I checked out (since no damages or room charges of course)

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.