• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elara in Las Vegas Questions

Hnupe3

Reaction score
Hello,

Looking to book at Elara, however there are so many different view types. For example, Studio vs Studio Grand Premier, or 1 bedroom vs 1 bedroom plus. Is there a place to see pictures of these different room types or even a video? I can only seem to find Studio or 1 bedroom, but nothing being more detailed such as Studio Grand Premier.

Thanks

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
You aren't guaranteed a specific view with each room type, but the plus units are on the higher floors. Also, take a look at this post in this forum, as there are some more detailed descriptions of the room types.

Kurt

ernststarhemberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
The room types are more specific to the floor level. Standard 1BRs are floors 4-39. 1BP and the like are on floors 50-56. The 'Grand Premier' rooms are I think exclusively on floor 56.

No guarantee if you'll get a view facing north (i.e. the Miracle Mile parking deck), or south (The Carriage House). I jest! There really isn't a bad view in the place. The higher the better, of course. This is by far one of my favorite resorts to stay at. Never had a bad experience.

Some rooms feature the giant roll down projector screens, which I don't find myself using ever, so the screen size of any room isn't a selling point as far as I'm concerned.

I haven't stayed on floors 4-39 in many years, I'm curious if these rooms still have the old red leather couches from the PH days, or if they've all been swapped for the newer furniture at this point.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
The room types are more specific to the floor level. Standard 1BRs are floors 4-39. 1BP and the like are on floors 50-56. The 'Grand Premier' rooms are I think exclusively on floor 56.

No guarantee if you'll get a view facing north (i.e. the Miracle Mile parking deck), or south (The Carriage House). I jest! There really isn't a bad view in the place. The higher the better, of course. This is by far one of my favorite resorts to stay at. Never had a bad experience.

Some rooms feature the giant roll down projector screens, which I don't find myself using ever, so the screen size of any room isn't a selling point as far as I'm concerned.

I haven't stayed on floors 4-39 in many years, I'm curious if these rooms still have the old red leather couches from the PH days, or if they've all been swapped for the newer furniture at this point.
In 2021 there was a beige couch in the corner 2 bedroom we stayed in (floor 32 strip side).

@Hnupe3 There are no floors numbered in the 40’s. It goes from 39 straight to 50.

Hnupe3

Reaction score
In 2021 there was a beige couch in the corner 2 bedroom we stayed in (floor 32 strip side).

@Hnupe3 There are no floors numbered in the 40’s. It goes from 39 straight to 50.
Sounds like the “plus” & “premier “ is just what floor you are on? Thus, not worth paying extra points. I think we would be fine with studio for myself and wife. Am I missing something?

ernststarhemberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the “plus” & “premier “ is just what floor you are on? Thus, not worth paying extra points. I think we would be fine with studio for myself and wife. Am I missing something?

Not really. For a couple who just needs a place to lay their heads in comfort, a studio is perfect.

You won't get the full kitchen and separate living area like you do with the 1 Bedrooms, but the studios still come with large bathrooms and kitchenettes with mini-fridges.

ernststarhemberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whichever unit you choose, enjoy the trip! Elara is the best kept secret on the Strip in my opinion. Just far enough from the action to have some peace and quiet, but close enough to be walkable to just about everything.

Great deals on food and groceries to be found in the Miracle Mile shops.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I believe premiere rooms do have upgraded furniture and such. If you do a search in this forum, there are pictures that have been shared here.

Especially if you are just looking for a place to lay your head, a standard studio is all my wife and I need.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Avoid the south-facing rooms for the time being. There is construction noise day and night from the Formula One building construction.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
If I had a Dollar for everytime I had to refer someone to this post.....

hilton.com also has some picture and descriptions.

Hnupe3

Reaction score
Another question, Outside of the room type that you are "purchasing" how far in advance can you book a room? example, if I am purchasing a deed to a "1 bedroom", however I want to book a studio, how far in advance can you book?

ernststarhemberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another question, Outside of the room type that you are "purchasing" how far in advance can you book a room? example, if I am purchasing a deed to a "1 bedroom", however I want to book a studio, how far in advance can you book?

Nine months if you want to book anything other than your deeded unit.

Good news is a studio is almost always available at the Elara!

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Why doesn't Elara have a 40th-49th floor?
Because the original developer (Westgate Resorts) wanted the building to seem taller than it actually is.

If you want to see the history of the building, watch the movie "Queen of Versailles."

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Because the original developer (Westgate Resorts) wanted the building to seem taller than it actually is.
No, the reason is that the number 4 is considered unlucky in certain Asian cultures. With Asian buyers being an important target customer base, they omitted floors 40-49.

Kurt

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Check my posting history to find full suite pictures from Elara. 2 BR Grand (which is 1 BR Grand + studio) and 4 BR (corner suite - 2 BR + 1 Junior Suite + Studio).

ernststarhemberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
20230515_203843.jpeg

Construction wall in Elara lobby came down last night, replaced by a temporary barrier. Suite shop attendant said they are expanding the suite shop, you can now see the metal framing for the expanded suite shop to the left of the old wall. Starting around May 16 the suite shop will move to a temporary location out in the lobby while the old suite shop is renovated and connected with the new expanded area.

Also looks like they added more can lights in the new area, so not sure if it will be used for seating or, as someone else conjectured, a bHC checkin area.

Last edited:

ernststarhemberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the whole, after this trip, we all agree Elara is by far our favorite mainland HGV resort to stay at. It was the first HGV deed we ever bought almost 10 years ago (retail of course, ugh!) but is by favorite to have an ownership interest in.

Staff are always professional. Accommodating, quick to address service calls, housekeeping generous with the coffee bag refills, and they take cleaning seriously. Just observing them - I went to the gym at all different hours of the day, and there was almost always someone in there wiping down machines, cleaning, replacing towels, etc. Throughout the day it seems all surfaces are wiped, including the elevator buttons in the foyers, even the telephone table in each floor's elevator foyer that seldom gets touched or even seen.

Location is unbeatable. Close enough to center strip to be steps away from the action, but just far enough away to be peaceful. Most center strip amenities are easily walkable, and an Uber to anywhere else on the strip is ~$10. 10 minutes to and from the airport, going home on a weekday evening we grabbed our bags, jumped in an Uber, and were through ticketing, security, and sitting at our gate in less than a half hour. Indoor access to Miracle Mile and a ton of eating/drinking/shopping options. The ABC Stores in Miracle Mile, or the adjacent CVS, have everything you might need for your room - affordable bottled water, medicine, snacks. The suite shop in Elara has a decent selection for its size, but is currently being expanded for more offerings.

Mood is family friendly. No gambling onsite, gotta walk to PH for the nearest machines. The pool is nice but kept very low-key. Apparently when the tower was Westgate the pool gained a reputation for being a "party pool," which HGV cracked down on with extreme prejudice. This can be good or bad depending on your style, for instance parents getting too "splashy" with their kids will get the whistle blown on them. This is meant to be a subdued pool experience, and they're serious about it, which works for me. Folks looking for party pools can head to the MGM Grand pool right down the street (make sure you're up to date on all of your shots first!)

Overall always a great experience here (we go
2-3 times per year), especially in the shoulder seasons when the pool is just opening/closing, or winter time.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Folks looking for party pools can head to the MGM Grand pool right down the street (make sure you're up to date on all of your shots first!)

Was pun intended here? (get drunk first before heading to MGM Grand pool?) Or is it about some Covid vax requirements? Just double checking...

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
On the whole, after this trip, we all agree Elara is by far our favorite mainland HGV resort to stay at. It was the first HGV deed we ever bought almost 10 years ago (retail of course, ugh!) but is by favorite to have an ownership interest in.

Staff are always professional. Accommodating, quick to address service calls, housekeeping generous with the coffee bag refills, and they take cleaning seriously. Just observing them - I went to the gym at all different hours of the day, and there was almost always someone in there wiping down machines, cleaning, replacing towels, etc. Throughout the day it seems all surfaces are wiped, including the elevator buttons in the foyers, even the telephone table in each floor's elevator foyer that seldom gets touched or even seen.

Location is unbeatable. Close enough to center strip to be steps away from the action, but just far enough away to be peaceful. Most center strip amenities are easily walkable, and an Uber to anywhere else on the strip is ~$10. 10 minutes to and from the airport, going home on a weekday evening we grabbed our bags, jumped in an Uber, and were through ticketing, security, and sitting at our gate in less than a half hour. Indoor access to Miracle Mile and a ton of eating/drinking/shopping options. The ABC Stores in Miracle Mile, or the adjacent CVS, have everything you might need for your room - affordable bottled water, medicine, snacks. The suite shop in Elara has a decent selection for its size, but is currently being expanded for more offerings.

Mood is family friendly. No gambling onsite, gotta walk to PH for the nearest machines. The pool is nice but kept very low-key. Apparently when the tower was Westgate the pool gained a reputation for being a "party pool," which HGV cracked down on with extreme prejudice. This can be good or bad depending on your style, for instance parents getting too "splashy" with their kids will get the whistle blown on them. This is meant to be a subdued pool experience, and they're serious about it, which works for me. Folks looking for party pools can head to the MGM Grand pool right down the street (make sure you're up to date on all of your shots first!)

Overall always a great experience here (we go
2-3 times per year), especially in the shoulder seasons when the pool is just opening/closing, or winter time.
It is interesting that you say that the Elara "is by far our favorite mainland HGV resort to stay at." Now that we live in Waikiki we are using our timeshare points to go to the other Hawaiian Islands and the Elara for trips to Las Vegas.

Also, the General Manager at the Elara was an Assistant Director at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, where we stayed for over 1000 nights, and we got to know him when we had some issues in our unit that he addressed very well. His customer service was always very Aloha.

ernststarhemberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was pun intended here? (get drunk first before heading to MGM Grand pool?) Or is it about some Covid vax requirements? Just double checking...

I suppose it could mean all of those things, but after seeing the condition of the MGM Grand pool water by the end of the day, I'll let you decide which shots you think you should have!