• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

El Cid points timeshare resale question about TOPS Travel, Cancun

Is Tops Travel out of Cancan a reputable company to sell timeshare contract?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

dr.mark

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coral Princess, Hotel Marina El Clid/Ventus
Dear TUG Mexico Timesharing members.

My wife and I share a points (VIP, 300K pts per year) timeshare with my daughter and her husband. We have a 20 year contract with 12 years left and have been offered $68K for our El Cid timeshare at the Hotel Marina El Cid/Ventus resorts in Puerto Morales, Quanta Roo, MX. We have been proposed $68K if we sell our timeshare to TOPS Travel out of Cancun, which seems too good to be true? Anybody have any knowledge or experience in dealing with this company? Are they legit? When I talked to several people that have called me over the past several weeks, we tell them that we are researching things so that we are not scammed. Part of my research is to check with TUG regarding his proposal. They say that they put advertisements on Expedia, etc and one check of the website, made me question if this site or company is what it claims to be. 8 percent commission after we receive our money. Help if you know whether this is a good deal or not. Thanks for any assistance.
Mark T.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a well orchestrated piece of crap. No chance of being real. Check Ebay for the value of your timeshare. Check out the Youtube video - but SKIP the advert at the beginning. (exit company ad)

When you're done with that, check out this warning post from a fellow who lived through the scam. https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index...ervice-escrow-holding-management-scam.282366/

Don't let your common sense go too far astray....;)