• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

El Cid Marina Mazatlan

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Hi, I booked 1 br from March 27 to April 4, I tried to find in El Moro this week or close this days, but was impossible, I heard Rooms are bigger but older at el Moro, this is my first time at the Marina, I will appreciate any information about size room, pools, beach, etc. Thanks in advanced

Last edited:

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
I booked el Moro in March a few years ago and was moved to the Marina. Thank goodness. El Moro was SOOO crowded ( we dropped by to see what we were "missing," ) and the beach so tiny it was chair to chair and terrible for anyone wanting quiet and some level of privacy. The Marina rooms are very spacious- we had a one bedroom. All are water front I believe. It is an optional AI so the pools are busy with drinkers and so forth. BUT... they have a great private beach across the lagoon (a 90 shuttle boat ride) from the hotel, and a large private beach with beach service drinks and food. We loved it!
It is 40 mins from town. There is very little nearby but there are a few places. To walk to them you are on a busy road. We are used to PV where everything is at the malecon, but Maz is not that way. Eleven miles of Maz malecon with mostly high rises no real downtown to speak of...So, each night we had a long drive to eat. It was interesting but we love Puerto Vallarta marina with all that is around. Loved riding on the pulmonias, open air cars.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi, I booked 1 br from March 27 to April 4, I tried to find in El Moro this week or close this days, but was impossible, I heard Rooms are bigger but older at el Moro, this is my first time at the Marina, I will appreciate any information about size room, pools, beach, etc. Thanks in advanced

disfruta la semana santa

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Thanks Blondie and Tom, I think el Moro has more reservation due to 1br is for 6 persons despite been older, well we hope enjoy the trip to Marina, the catamaran which take you to the beach must be exciting to my kids