• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Edisto Island

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
We are thinking about planning a trip to Edisto Island. We have never been there but we have been to Charleston several times. It looks like Charleston is about 45 minutes from Edisto so that’s an easy day trip. I’ve read the TUG reviews, such as they are. Most of them are several years old and there isn’t much information about activities on or near the island itself except golf. We don’t golf so that‘s no help. Can any of you who have been there recently give me some more info on restaurants, historical sites, nature sites, arts & crafts, shopping, etc. I know it’s a quiet, slow-paced resort, which is fine with us, but we would like to know what there is nearby without having to drive to Charleston. TIA for your help.

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are thinking about planning a trip to Edisto Island. We have never been there but we have been to Charleston several times. It looks like Charleston is about 45 minutes from Edisto so that’s an easy day trip. I’ve read the TUG reviews, such as they are. Most of them are several years old and there isn’t much information about activities on or near the island itself except golf. We don’t golf so that‘s no help. Can any of you who have been there recently give me some more info on restaurants, historical sites, nature sites, arts & crafts, shopping, etc. I know it’s a quiet, slow-paced resort, which is fine with us, but we would like to know what there is nearby without having to drive to Charleston. TIA for your help.
Edisto Islandis very laid back. There are several restaurants but we have never been tonthem as we always cook our meals at the resort. There is a small grocery store, BiLo. It is well stocked and not pricey. Best to go early in the morning or later in the evening as it can get crowded. We love watching the and spending time on the beach. The activities department offers tours to Charleston and several others locations. Can't remember them but one is where lots of seashells are located and Angel Oak (a old tree that is a tourist attraction). There are bycycle trails and walking trails. We love it there peaceful and quiet

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Edisto Islandis very laid back. There are several restaurants but we have never been tonthem as we always cook our meals at the resort. There is a small grocery store, BiLo. It is well stocked and not pricey. Best to go early in the morning or later in the evening as it can get crowded. We love watching the and spending time on the beach. The activities department offers tours to Charleston and several others locations. Can't remember them but one is where lots of seashells are located and Angel Oak (a old tree that is a tourist attraction). There are bycycle trails and walking trails. We love it there peaceful and quiet
It doesn’t look like any of the Wyndham units have direct ocean views. Is that correct?

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
It doesn’t look like any of the Wyndham units have direct ocean views. Is that correct?
No ocean views, but Ocean Ridge at Bay Point (RCI # 6466) has a beautiful bay/river view and you can often see dolphin feeding in the river. Edisto is jokingly called Edislow because it is very laid back with minimal stores and restaurants. Some, including us, love it, others - not so much. I wouldn't want to spend two weeks there though.
We enjoy The Sea Cow, especially for breakfast.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
We stayed there several times and "commuted" to Charleston as my daughter lived there. (Beware of speed traps as you enter town, any savings on lodging was negated quickly).

Everything in that area is slow. It may be not be far, but it is a slow drive (I was thinking allow an hour to Charleston - even with my husband's lead foot). As others have said, not much to do in the area - but relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. I started suggesting things in Charleston and realize that is NOT what you are asking (I just love it there soooo much). We didn't do anything local to Edisto. Enjoy though, it is beautiful.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
While in Edisto, you can bike, walk the beach, look for shells, take a dolphin cruise. There is a free very basic mini golf course. There are basic pools. Depending on the time of year you may spend time on the beach and in the water.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We stayed there several times and "commuted" to Charleston as my daughter lived there. (Beware of speed traps as you enter town, any savings on lodging was negated quickly).

Everything in that area is slow. It may be not be far, but it is a slow drive (I was thinking allow an hour to Charleston - even with my husband's lead foot). As others have said, not much to do in the area - but relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. I started suggesting things in Charleston and realize that is NOT what you are asking (I just love it there soooo much). We didn't do anything local to Edisto. Enjoy though, it is beautiful.
We would actually prefer to stay in the Charleston historic district but it’s impossible to get in the Mills House and there don’t seem to be many timeshare options there. I may search around VRBO or airbnb some more and see what I can find but we wanted to use points instead of dollars.

Thanks for the info.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
We would actually prefer to stay in the Charleston historic district but it’s impossible to get in the Mills House and there don’t seem to be many timeshare options there. I may search around VRBO or airbnb some more and see what I can find but we wanted to use points instead of dollars.

Thanks for the info.
The Lodge Alley Inn on East Bay is awesome. I rented from someone here on TUG at a very reasonable rate (It's BlueGreen). I've also seen ads on TUG for The Church Street Inn. I've never stayed there, but have walked by it and it looked nice (real close to the City Market). I actually picked up reservations for The Mills House on the myclubwyndham site, must have hit it just right (that was in Jan 2016). And even at 50% off I did not use them. It was cheaper to use Wyndham Rewards (and I think that has changed, but not sure). We only stayed a few nights there, we stayed some out at Edisto. When it was just me I stayed at the Days Inn (free parking, lol). I was there for weeks waiting for my grandson to be born (and at the time 'worked from home'). I also stayed at the Andrew Pinckney Inn a few nights. As you know, everything is expensive in Charleston, but I found some kind of deal there for a few nights when my mom and sister were joining me.

My best guess is The Mills House makes 1 room available per week. If that's Wyndham's call or Mills House, I don't know. My conspiracy theory is that by doing so Wyndham can advertise that places like this are available to Wyndham owners. Mills House isn't the only one like this. Because I followed it's availability very closely for a few years, I'm pretty confident that's how things work for The Mills House. It is a beautiful place, if you can figure out a way to stay there.

Looking at The Mills House availability now, my guess is the annual allotment of 1 room per night has been made. Note it's very spotty (1 night here and there) until late in the year. Jan/Feb/March of 2021 - nada. At some point they'll dump rooms in there for 2021, but not til the end of the year, if I remember correctly (I also don't think cancellations ever come back (unless things have changed). And what does 'No product seasons found for the resort(s)' mean? Looking out to November where there are rooms, when I select the checkin date I get that message. No clue.

Last edited:

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I
The Lodge Alley Inn on East Bay is awesome. I rented from someone here on TUG at a very reasonable rate (It's BlueGreen). I've also seen ads on TUG for The Church Street Inn. I've never stayed there, but have walked by it and it looked nice (real close to the City Market). I actually picked up reservations for The Mills House on the myclubwyndham site, must have hit it just right (that was in Jan 2016). And even at 50% off I did not use them. It was cheaper to use Wyndham Rewards (and I think that has changed, but not sure). We only stayed a few nights there, we stayed some out at Edisto. When it was just me I stayed at the Days Inn (free parking, lol). I was there for weeks waiting for my grandson to be born (and at the time 'worked from home'). I also stayed at the Andrew Pinckney Inn a few nights. As you know, everything is expensive in Charleston, but I found some kind of deal there for a few nights when my mom and sister were joining me.

My best guess is The Mills House makes 1 room available per week. If that's Wyndham's call or Mills House, I don't know. My conspiracy theory is that by doing so Wyndham can advertise that places like this are available to Wyndham owners. Mills House isn't the only one like this. Because I followed it's availability very closely for a few years, I'm pretty confident that's how things work for The Mills House. It is a beautiful place, if you can figure out a way to stay there.

Looking at The Mills House availability now, my guess is the annual allotment of 1 room per night has been made. Note it's very spotty (1 night here and there) until late in the year. Jan/Feb/March of 2021 - nada. At some point they'll dump rooms in there for 2021, but not til the end of the year, if I remember correctly (I also don't think cancellations ever come back (unless things have changed). And what does 'No product seasons found for the resort(s)' mean? Looking out to November where there are rooms, when I select the checkin date I get that message. No clue.
I think your conspiracy theory is dead on. I’ve checked Mills House several times over the years and I’ve never seen anything more than 1 or 2 nights. Like now, the first availability for more than 1 night is in November but it shows limited availability and won’t let me make a reservation. My wife and I stayed there probably about 15 years ago. I think it was actually a Holiday Inn property at that time. It was very nice and we enjoyed our stay. I’ll watch for Church Street Inn, also. Thanks.

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
We went last April for a week and really enjoyed it! We stayed in the Southpointe units, which are 4 bedrooms and very roomy. It was DH and me, teenage DS, and my BIL and SIL. We did drive into Charleston twice - once to go to Gamestop (DS had a power cord crisis for his Xbox :LOL: ) and we hit Publix nearby, and the second to actually go into Charleston and see the city. Aside from those trips we just stayed all laid back on the island. We also don't golf, but found enough to keep us busy. I expected to be bored, but we honestly weren't! We rented bikes for the length of our stay and did a lot of riding around. Lots of nice beach walking, DS and DH threw the football on the beach a lot, and we had some nice walks with my BIL and SIL too. We saw lots of dolphins! If you're a runner, it is pretty flat, but some nice running nonetheless. Wyndham has mini golf, which we played. We read some books, played some board games in the evenings, and just enjoyed hanging out. We also hit the Botany Bay Plantation, that was really cool...especially since a storm was rolling in while we were on the beach there: other-worldly and just super cool. We also visited a nice little museum on the history of the area and hit a nice farmstand near that. We hit restaurants twice: nothing that really knocked our socks off, but pleasant and independent. There's nothing chain or big box for miles around :). Honestly, we left boxes unchecked because we really slowed down and relaxed. Next time we will take a fishing excursion and rent some kayaks. I know I kept reading that it isn't for everyone and I worried that we'd get bored, but that certainly wasn't the case!

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there last summer. A sleepy place for sure. If you get bored and miss the city, you'll have to drive far on country roads. It does have a certain charm, however.

Our room featured AC units in every room with worn bearings that made a lot of annoying noise. We sort of finally got used to it. It was no secret with the maintenance staff, who said a fix was coming eventually.

Also, our Wifi was out 80 percent of the time and our phones got no data there. That can be a positive for some, however.

All that aside, our unit was giant with multiple levels. The laid-back, sleepy nature of the area kind of grew on us.

If I were to visit the area again I might opt for one of the many rental properties on the beach. This town might be the cheapest place on the East Coast to buy beachfront property and the rental rates weren't too crazy.

hjtug

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The cheapness might be due to the threat of climate change. Edisto is one of the most threatened locations on the east coast.

Npat12

Reaction score
We are going there in April for the 1st time. We are staying in the BeachWalk section. I am assuming it’s a short walk to the beach area or would it be better to drive and park by the beach. We have 5 kids ranging in age from 11 to 2 y/o. So not sure if it’s a far walk with the littles or crossing any busy intersections to get to beach area. Also Looking at going to the Serpentarium as well. Anyone on here been there and recommend it or worth it.

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
We are going there in April for the 1st time. We are staying in the BeachWalk section. I am assuming it’s a short walk to the beach area or would it be better to drive and park by the beach. We have 5 kids ranging in age from 11 to 2 y/o. So not sure if it’s a far walk with the littles or crossing any busy intersections to get to beach area. Also Looking at going to the Serpentarium as well. Anyone on here been there and recommend it or worth it.

BeachWalk is a lot like Southpointe, just down the road a bit. Very easy walk to the beach. If you have a bunch of beach toys and gear, it would probably be helpful to have a wagon or cart to carry stuff the couple of blocks, but even if not you'll be fine. There is the main road to cross with the kiddos, but it is a beach community and people are crossing the road all the time so motorists expect pedestrians. The Sepentarium was closed when we visited last April, so I can't help there. I'm not sure if it was closed for refurb or if it is open only seasonally, you may want to check in with them and make sure they'll be open during your stay.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for all the info, everyone. It doesn’t sound like this is the place for us. We’re foodies and like trying at least one and usually 2 restaurants every day as we do not cook on vacation. And, when that close to the ocean, we want to be oceanfront, not a few blocks away. Yes, we’re probably spoiled but that’s what we like. We’ll try to find something either in Charleston or Savannah. We love both.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Westwinds is away from all the tourism in Myrtle beach, cheap pointwise, recently updated and almost all the units are ocean front. I know you said Charleston, but Westwinds is always overlooked because it's older. When I look at the pictures from visitors on Google, it looks like it's a really good value if the view is what you value the most. When I plan a trip to Myrtle beach, I going to stay at Towers on the Grove, because the points are cheaper than the Boulevard and Seawatch and the unit I would book has full length windows like Westwinds as well as a lazy river. I need a view and a lazy river lol.

1581552647212.png

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How about Hilton Head? Many timeshares and restaurants.
That would be fine with me but DW isn’t a fan of Hilton Head. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Looking at staying at Club Wyndham Ocean Ridge next summer. Can anyone comment on the possibility to social distance here?

Last edited:

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
This might be the safest place to vacation because most tourist prefer Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach. IMHO.
Thanks. We cancelled an extended family trip to Myrtle Beach this summer.
Not sure how next summer will be, but I'm willing to drive a little further to be away from the crowds.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
We've been to Edisto Beach in peak summertime and it's definitely away from crowds! You'd have no difficulty at all. :)

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Does anyone know if there are differences unit locations? I assume The Village, Beach Walk, South Pointe are newer or nicer since they are higher points values.
I was able to reserve a 4 bedroom units in Beach Walk for 2021, but wondering if I should change to 2 - 2 bedroom lockout or lofts?