• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ebike suggestions please

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
@easyrider - Bill, we were househunting so we primarily road them all over town and the backroads to check out houses/neighborhoods at different times of the day, and talk to neighbors (everyone was curious about the eBikes). We thought about taking them out on the forest roads to get to some of our favorite hikes, but were a bit concerned about leaving them locked up at a trailhead. Would they be there when we got back? The parkway is easy and there are a lot of bikers going back and forth between Sedona and the Village of Oak Creek. Views on the parkway are great, but I think next time we'll take the bikes out on Broken Arrow and up Dry Creek Road. DH's Jeep is fine on Dry Creek, but my minivan doesn't have the clearance.

Our first love is hiking, so we're looking at the bike ride as a way to get to a trailhead!

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, it is a good way to stay sane. No matter how your bike is powered, you can see some great scenery. Here's just some of the many pictures I took while biking this year.

I totally agree, artringwald. It's about getting out and enjoying the ride. I LOVE your water and wooded trail photos! We used to travel at least 10 months out of the year, and Covid was driving us just a little bit crazy. When we get out on a trail with the trees making a tunnel of greenery around us, I feel like the day is a win! I can actually feel my body and mind relax as the world and all its worries fade away...

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Harley-Davidson unveils a gorgeous new electric bike called Serial 1
They aren't saying the price or when it will actually be available. I'm going to wager the name won't come cheap. Good lookin' ride though, in a retro sort of way.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
It's styled after the first motorcycle they sold in 1903.

Brett

Reaction score
It's styled after the first motorcycle they sold in 1903.

yes, Harley going back to their roots - the 'motor-bicycle'

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
They aren't saying the price or when it will actually be available. I'm going to wager the name won't come cheap. Good lookin' ride though, in a retro sort of way.

The press release said March 2021, I can see people buying with the next stimulus checks.

Where I ride the scales have flipped, over 75% are eBikes now. It was just the opposite a few years ago when I purchased mine. Press release said $15billion market in 2019, expected to grow 6% a year through 2025.

The belt drive is interesting, wonder how it will stay on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Harley-Davidson unveils a gorgeous new electric bike called Serial 1

Richard
Harley Davidson launches e bicycle
brand, Serial 1Cycle Co.

Richard

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Harley Davidson launches e bicycle
brand, Serial 1Cycle Co.

Richard

This doesn't surprise me. I know many Harley brand loyalists that would buy this Harley ebike just because it is a Harley. I can already see the chrome farkels and Harley ebike riding gear becoming a thing. Net will be the Harley mobility scooters, lol.

Bill

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
E-Bikes imports to the U.S. increasing to over 600,000 annually from 270,000 last year. This according to the industry trade group. And they say this will not keep up with demand.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

For Reference...

After many years, I am no longer donating to the Sierra Club (because of their eBike position), or POST (local open space) after listening to a BOD meeting of the Mid-Peninsula Regional Open Space Preserves for same reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
@DavidnRobin thanks for the update. Keeping eBikes off public trails reminds me of our early days snowboarding. Skiers hated the snotty little upstarts who were going to ruin the runs. [Sigh...] I’m glad those squabbles are over.

A person on an electric bike is no more of a threat to the enjoyment of a trail than anyone else sharing it. I’ve seen wonderful and terrible behavior by bikers, hikers, and equestrians. As an owner of a Class 2 eBike, I hate to see us singled out. A throttle is handy to get out of a jam in city traffic, but we use the pedal 99% of the time we’re riding our bikes.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that if you are seen pedaling, nobody will know if you even have a throttle.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think it's too hard to tell the difference. eBikes need a big battery that's easy to spot. You can also tell it's an eBike when you see a senior citizen going up a hill at 20 mph. :)

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's too hard to tell the difference. eBikes need a big battery that's easy to spot. You can also tell it's an eBike when you see a senior citizen going up a hill at 20 mph. :)
That's true, but in the context of using one on wildland trails is that Class 1 where they are 'pedal assisted' are allowed, and Class 2 which have a throttle are not so easily discerned if the throttle equipped bike is being pedaled.

To say that the recent rule changes are unclear is understatement.

Jim

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

I know your joking, but it is a misconception that these bikes go uphill at 20mph. I average about 8mph - why? Because of the gear one must be in to climb a hill. The 20mph is for high gears and not low gears used to go uphill.
By uphill - I mean up a reasonable steep hill, not a slight incline.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Just like a regular Bike - it hurts to fall just as much from an eBike.
Fractured my collarbone last week - front wheel washed out going around a gravelly turn - landed on my shoulder - Ouch!
Hopefully my AC joint is okay.

Both times I have fractured a bone have been due to MTBing - broke my shoulder blade 20 years ago going over handlebar.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Several years ago my brother was going around a corner and his back tire hit a patch of sand. The tire slide out and he got road rash on the side of his leg. The next week he had a dermatologist appointment. When the doctor asked him what happened to his leg, he replied "asphalt allergy". After the doctor stopped laughing, he asked if he could take a picture of the "allergy site" and use it in a presentation at a conference. My brother agreed and the attendees probably got a good laugh too.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I know your joking, but it is a misconception that these bikes go uphill at 20mph. I average about 8mph - why? Because of the gear one must be in to climb a hill. The 20mph is for high gears and not low gears used to go uphill.
By uphill - I mean up a reasonable steep hill, not a slight incline.

I did mean a slight incline, because even that can slow me down as eBikes go whizzing by. I usually don't get passed on level trails, but if I was riding an eBike, I'd put it into battery saver mode when I wasn't going up a hill.

Sorry to hear about your accident, and wish you a speedy recovery.

Brett

Reaction score
Just like a regular Bike - it hurts to fall just as much from an eBike.
Fractured my collarbone last week - front wheel washed out going around a gravelly turn - landed on my shoulder - Ouch!
Hopefully my AC joint is okay.

Both times I have fractured a bone have been due to MTBing - broke my shoulder blade 20 years ago going over handlebar.

also wishing you a speedy recovery
no mountain trails in coastal Va. but for me cars are always a concern when riding on streets

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Well, after a couple of false starts, I've learned I can't balance a two-wheel electric bike with any sense of confidence that I won't fall over sideways. With my artificial knee joints, that could be catastrophic. So after a lot of reflection, I finally broke down and ordered an electric trike. I looked them all over, and finally decided on a Eunorau, from Electric Bike Paradise. I think it'll do nicely, and no risk of falling over. I hope. :D

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks great, Dave. You'll be a regular Hells Angel out on the trails! :) not to mention the envy of all the other ebikers at the grocery store. I find somebody looking mine over darn near every time I'm out errand running. Can't wait to see it.

Jim

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Well, after a couple of false starts, I've learned I can't balance a two-wheel electric bike with any sense of confidence that I won't fall over sideways. With my artificial knee joints, that could be catastrophic. So after a lot of reflection, I finally broke down and ordered an electric trike. I looked them all over, and finally decided on a Eunorau, from Electric Bike Paradise. I think it'll do nicely, and no risk of falling over. I hope. :D

Dave

Woo Hoo. Foldable trike. Looks like you have room for the ice chest.

Bill

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Looks great, Dave. You'll be a regular Hells Angel out on the trails! :) not to mention the envy of all the other ebikers at the grocery store. I find somebody looking mine over darn near every time I'm out errand running. Can't wait to see it.

Jim

Thanks, Jim. I'm excited to get it, so I can get out on the road. My Jeff has his folding Rad Power Bikes Step Thru 2, and we want to ride the hills together. :D

Dave

Last edited: