• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ebike suggestions please

kckaren21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you know which they were? Some folks with a lower budget might want to know.

Thanks,
Dave

Here ya go!

Electra Townie Go! 7D!

Price: $1,500

electra_townie-eb-2

3 Range

5 Braking

4 Acceleration

3 Control Response

4 Hill Climb

4 Unassisted Hill Climb

5 Unassisted Cruising

Throttle: No

Computer speed/distance: No
Assist levels: 3

Gears: 7

Motor: Hub

Seat type: Cruiser saddle

Headlight: No

Battery amp-hours: 8.6

Removable battery: Yes
CR'S TAKE: This cruiser-style, pedal-assist bike has excellent braking, and its rear derailleur makes for smooth, comfortable riding. It has three levels of assistance and a twist-style shifter to change among the seven gears. These features make this bike a very good hill climber, with or without the pedal assist turned on. It doesn’t come with a computer, lights, or fenders—the latter of which may be especially missed by commuters facing wet weather. (A bike shop can generally add fenders and lights for an additional charge.) Though the Electra’s makers say it’s designed to make it easy to hold the bike upright when stopped, shorter riders should definitely try this one before buying, because it has a relatively tall frame.
Buy at: Local bike shops

Jetson Adventure

Price: $1,300

jetson_adventure-eb

3 Range

4 Braking

5 Acceleration

2 Control Response

4 Hill Climb

5 Unassisted Hill Climb

5 Unassisted Cruising

Computer speed/distance: Yes
Assist levels: 9

Gears: 21

Seat type: Sport

Headlight: Yes

Battery amp-hours: 7.8

Removable battery: No

CR'S TAKE: This off-road style, pedal-assist bike comes with front and rear derailleurs, nine levels of assistance, and 21 gears. Its small battery means the Jetson looks the least like an electric bike among those we tested. Be prepared to ride with a forward-leaning posture on this narrow, sport-style seat. The Jetson Adventure handles well, has very good braking, and comes with a computer as well as powered front and rear lights. The best part? If you run out of power, this is still a great, versatile bike—the only one we tested that we earned Excellent ratings in both unassisted hill climbing and unassisted cruising. At about 40 pounds, it was also the lightest e-bike we tested.

Buy at: Amazon / Walmart / Target / Jetson

Nakto Fashion

Price: $600

Nakto-eb

3 Range

5 Braking

4 Acceleration

3 Control Response

2 Hill Climb

3 Unassisted Hill Climb

1 Unassisted Cruising

Throttle: Yes

Assist levels: 1

Gears: 21

Seat type: Comfort saddle

Battery amp-hours: 10

CR'S TAKE: The least expensive bike we tested by far, the single-gear, foldable Nakto comes with one level of pedal assistance as well as a throttle. While the other bikes we tested can go up to 20 mph, this one tops out at 15.5 mph. You can accelerate quickly using the throttle, but it’s a little shaky at high speeds. It may take a while to get used to the Nakto’s small (20-inch) wheels and upright style, but it handles well. Though it also braked well in our tests, it has a rim brake in the front and a drum brake in the back, so it may not stop as quickly in wet weather. And don’t plan on riding long with a dead battery—unassisted, hills and even simple cruising were difficult (though not impossible). The Nakto comes with a powered headlight and fenders.

Buy at: Amazon / Walmart

RadRunner Electric Utility Bike

Price: $1,300

radrunner-eb

4 Range

4 Braking

5 Acceleration

3 Control Response

5 Hill Climb

1 Unassisted Hill Climb

4 Unassisted Cruising

Throttle: Yes

Assist levels: 4

Gears: 1

Seat type: Flat

Battery amp-hours: 14.0

CR'S TAKE: This low-to-the-ground bike has small (20-inch), knobby tires that are puncture-resistant. While that may be appealing to off-road riders, its lack of suspension could make for a bumpy ride. The RadRunner has only one gear but offers four levels of pedal assistance as well as a throttle that allows for very quick acceleration. It also has very responsive front and rear disc brakes. Its seat is at a fixed angle that might not be comfortable for all riders. The bike comes with a powered light, a brake light, and a kickstand, and it’s easily customizable with add-ons, such as a rear seat for passengers. Its upright position and small wheels take some getting used to, but this bike handles well—as long as the e-assist is on. Without it, this is a very poor single-speed bike. If you run out of power, you may find climbing hills almost impossible.

Buy at: RadPower Bikes

Raleigh Retroglide Royale 2.0 iE Step Over

Price: $2,600

Raleigh-eb

5 Range

5 Braking

4 Acceleration

5 Control Response

4 Hill Climb

4 Unassisted Hill Climb

5 Unassisted Cruising

Computer speed/distance: Yes
Assist levels: 4

Gears: 8

Motor: Midmount

Seat type: Cruiser saddle

Headlight: No

Battery amp-hours: 10

CR'S TAKE: This was the only middrive model in our tests, and its large battery lasted for miles longer than any other bike on our hilly course. The performance of this style of bike is contingent on choosing the correct gearing, so be sure to switch to lower gears when accelerating or climbing hills. Otherwise, you’ll miss out on the full power of the assist. The Raleigh was the most expensive bike in our tests, and also the only model that had hydraulic disc brakes, which were more responsive (by a small margin) than any other braking system we evaluated. Its swept-back handlebars, however, felt less supportive to our test riders during hard braking than the flatter handlebars in other models. Overall, this bike offers a comfortable, relaxed ride—even when the battery runs out of juice—and it comes with fenders, a computer, and a cup holder (though no lights). Update: Though the model we tested isn’t available for sale anymore, the Retroglide 2.0 IE is similar—and cheaper at $2,150. It doesn't have fenders (the Royale version does), has a smaller battery, and includes some different hardware, but our testers expect it would perform similarly.

Buy at: Raleigh

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave we may look into that. Last year putting the 2 bikes on the bike rack on the back of the vehicle (not on a hitch) took so long that I hated to ask my husband to do it very often. That's part of the reason we ended up going the escooter route. The biggest drawback is they don't handle non paved pathways very well. Super fun in DT Vancouver and Kelowna though.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks Dave we may look into that. Last year putting the 2 bikes on the bike rack on the back of the vehicle (not on a hitch) took so long that I hated to ask my husband to do it very often. That's part of the reason we ended up going the escooter route. The biggest drawback is they don't handle non paved pathways very well. Super fun in DT Vancouver and Kelowna though.

There may be other folding bikes out there that may suit you even better. It's a hassle trying to find the right bike for a specific need, but I think it's worth trying to find the right one. Although the weight is a factor to think about - you have to lift it into the back of the car. The trike I got isn't the best quality, compared with a lot of what's out there, but I have to say, it suits me well, and it's a ton of fun to ride here in Southern Nevada. The folding aspect was nice, but less important than the stability of a trike. Where I felt off-balance on a two wheeler (nerve damage in my replaced knee joints gives me weird balance issues) I feel very stable on the trike. Plus it has a big carrying capacity in the rear cargo rack. I'm liking it a lot.

Dave

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Pulled the ebikes out today. Tire air pressure was perfect. The first problem was finding the keys. Found them and fired up the ebikes. They still had a full charge from last fall. Test drove both ebikes down the block and they rode well.

Bill

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Currently, I have the ebikes in large totes and for going on a trip this works pretty good because they are safe inside the suv. Now I'm thinking of getting an ebike rack for easy on off and go. Taking these out and packing them every ride is not too difficult but it would be way easier to just pull the ebikes off a rack.

Anyone have an ebike rack ? If so, do you like it ?

Bill

Brett

Reaction score
Currently, I have the ebikes in large totes and for going on a trip this works pretty good because they are safe inside the suv. Now I'm thinking of getting an ebike rack for easy on off and go. Taking these out and packing them every ride is not too difficult but it would be way easier to just pull the ebikes off a rack.

Anyone have an ebike rack ? If so, do you like it ?

Bill

Unfortunately ebikes are generally too heavy for the hanging type bike racks. I can put one ebike (65 lbs) on a hanging style rack but I had to do some modifications on the strap holders and securing to the post. For two ebikes we have a Thule platform style folding rack which we use to carry two ebikes on a trip

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
New to this thread: We just returned from Honolulu and rented ebikes. What a blast! I now want one. Will definitely buy one with a throttle. Will read through this thread for ideas.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I'm 71, but I still prefer to use my high octane legs. :LOL: Of course, the replacement knees help.

1630519556360.png

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
New to this thread: We just returned from Honolulu and rented ebikes. What a blast! I now want one. Will definitely buy one with a throttle. Will read through this thread for ideas.

And then go visit a store that sells a variety of bikes in different styles, so you can see them in person. Size, weight, and capacity all combine into a very specific biking experience. You want one that fits you and your needs. Good luck!

Dave

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Riviera Beach and Spa, Dana Point
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
Where did you rent the ebikes?? We will be there in a couple of weeks....

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
It was a shop behind the International marketplace. On the southwest corner just down the street from Marugami Udon.

Although city traffic is a bit scary, we rode along the beach and around Diamond Head and took a hike on Diamond head. Rewarded ourselves with a Dole pineapple soft cone at the base!

Last edited:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Harley-Davidson's stunning first electric bike broke the internet - and now they're actually selling them.
Really??? Name ANY retail product that 'broke the internet'. WHITE tires? C'mon. This thing is a thief magnet. Not to be let out of sight.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score