• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ebike suggestions please

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
New E-BIKE act introduces 30% US federal tax credit for electric bicycle purchases.

Richard

Reading through this article to the end, it appears if this legislation is signed into law, it will not be retroactive. So the money you've already spent for an electric bike won't qualify. Doesn't help me at all.

Dave

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

Brett

Reaction score

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Brett

Reaction score
Faster and No Sweat -- the E-Bike Boom

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/02/travel/ebikes-bike-sharing-us.html

Social-distancing, sustainability and accessibility helped accelerate e-biking during the pandemic, and the trend is showing up in urban bike-sharing programs.

“Putting a little bit of a motor on it makes cycling more attractive to a wider and aging audience,”

As with all bicycles during the pandemic, electric bikes, or those with battery-powered motors to handle propulsion, boomed. sales of e-bikes grew 145 percent in 2020 compared to 2019, outpacing sales of all bikes, which were up 65 percent.

“Covid was able to highlight micromobility as an essential transportation service, filling in where transit service stopped or where gaps existed and helping essential workers get to work,” said Samantha Herr, the executive director of the North American Bikeshare Association.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
You know how it is when you get a new car, and you see the exact make and model as yours? And you think, "Hey, that's my car!!"

Well that happened to me today at the Post Office, but it was about my ebike. I saw the guy driving this along the roadway, and I said, "Hey, that's my bike!!" I pulled into the Post Office parking lot just after, and as I was getting out of my car, this guy rolls up on the ebike. I talked with him for a few minutes, and we shared comments about the bike. Pretty cool to see my bike's twin on the road here. Have you ever seen your ebike's twin out on the road?

Dave

IMG_3680.JPG

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Cool! Maybe you'll find a buddy to ride with. I know there are some like mine hereabouts, because my bike shop has assembled them, but I haven't run across any 'sister ships'.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Himiway Escape e-bike review: A fast, powerful and cheap electric moped.
Boy, I wish this had been available before I plunked the $$ for my Rad, but do I REALLY need a +30mph bike? Oh, AND the Rad is $500 less.

Last edited:

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Brett. There are so many terms and features on these things that are new to me. It's a learning experience, for sure. I do plan to visit a store, if only to try riding one and deciding if this is something I really want. Lots of hills where I've moved, plenty of off-road trails, and plenty of adventure waiting for me. It'd be great to be able to explore the area without killing myself. :D

Now, (without me hijacking this thread), I need to find out what my neighbors are talking about when they refer to "driving a Razor off-road." I know about those little Razor scooters, but they seem to be referring to an off-road vehicle of some sort. More to learn... :)

Dave
Its a very expensive and very fast off road ATV. Think corvette like performance of an off-road ATV. My niebor up north has one.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
It's finally getting warm enough to ride the ebikes. I find that I'm not to interested in riding around home. The area up by our cabin is still too cold. Maybe next month.

Bill

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Its a very expensive and very fast off road ATV. Think corvette like performance of an off-road ATV. My niebor up north has one.

Since I posted that I've learned about, seen, heard, and dodged out of the way of a few of these things. They're extremely popular here, and Mesquite even allows them to be driven on certain city streets. Desert living has certain benefits.

Dave

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They can be driven on all roads except state M-letter roads and highways around my cottage and all Roscommon county. Thinking i will get one to use as my second car when i retire up there in a few years. :cool:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
They can be driven on all roads except state M-letter roads and highways around my cottage and all Roscommon county. Thinking i will get one to use as my second car when i retire up there in a few years. :cool:

When you're ready to buy, make a road trip down here. There are always a bunch for sale in my neighborhood. Driving around, past open garage doors, there's a For Sale sign hanging on the back of many Razor and similar type ATVs. (Golf carts, too, if you need one of those.) One guy has several ATVs in his garage, and always has a sign or two out there. I think he buys and sells them out of his house.

Dave

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Brett

Reaction score
It's just science: New study shows exactly how much exercise e-bikes offer.

Richard

shocking news funded by an electric bike manufacturer !

But it could be true

ebike.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/19/well/move/bikes-exercise-workouts.html

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Plenty of 'mission creep' in ebikes. Saw a review the other day of one with two 2,000 watt motors, two 52v batteries, capable of ' 'two wheel burnouts' and 100kmph speed! Does ANYBODY need such a bicycle??? And buyers of these gripe that they can't ride them on sidewalks, paths, and bike lanes. Plumb NUTZ! Just ask Simon Cowell.