• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ebike suggestions please

kckaren21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a couple Lectric XP step-throughs! Very excited to take them with us to Panama City Beach in January. I am looking at 40 gallon wheeled totes for transport and storage. Do you think the wheels on the tote will be a problem with fitting the bikes in?

Sterilite 40 Gal. Wheeled Industrial Tote Black Set of 2 - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

I don't think it will fit, according to their websites: "37"x18"x27" Folded dimensions brings the bike down to a fraction of its size so you can take it with you on all your adventures." while the storage container is: Overall Assembled Size: 36 3/4" x 21 3/8" x 18"

Congrats on your purchase! We are hoping ours will arrive soon. We ordered on Black Friday and it said 1-3 weeks delivery time.
It loooks like the price is the same as Black Friday, $899 still

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I just purchased a couple Lectric XP step-throughs! Very excited to take them with us to Panama City Beach in January. I am looking at 40 gallon wheeled totes for transport and storage. Do you think the wheels on the tote will be a problem with fitting the bikes in?

Sterilite 40 Gal. Wheeled Industrial Tote Black Set of 2 - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

Maybe. The 40 gallon tote we use measures about 38 1/4 x 21 3/4 x 17 and the one with wheels measures 36 3/4 x 21 3/8 x 18 . Mine is tight in the side at 21 3/4 and the length of 38 1/4 is just right but tight. I don't remove or fold the pedals.

I don't know that wheels matter because the tote slides pretty easy. I drag ours from the garage to the suv.

I used this video to help me. The only thing I had a problem with was gluing the cut yellow top to the tote. The glue doesn't hold up too good. I plan on using pop rivets eventually. The lid provides a bit more strength but the big benefit is having the slots for tying off the ebikes.

Bill

The lows tote. https://www.lowes.com/pd/COMMANDER-...lack-Yellow-Tote-with-Latching-Lid/1000225777

Last edited:

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
For our first ebike we thinking a folding fat tire type like maybe a Fiido. I don't know the brands and the brands I do know like BMW are too expensive for a first ebike. I'm thinking between $800 and $1200 is where I want to be on price. I think we will be using these on trips to National Parks and other similar places. I like folding ebike designs because they could fit in the back of the suv.

Thanks

Bill
The only E bikes allowed in National parks are E1, unless you have a disability. E1 are the peer assist type, they don't go unless you are pedaling at the same time.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only E bikes allowed in National parks are E1, unless you have a disability. E1 are the peer assist type, they don't go unless you are pedaling at the same time.
Don't know how heavily that's enforced. Two weeks ago we were in Zions N.P. In Utah and there were a few small groups of ebikes including some Lectric XP's. Point being that a casual observer simply can't tell what class an ebike is in unless the operator coasts by at 30+ mph.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

We rode our Lectric XP's on some trails in Sedona with no problem. The single track bike trails are not really where we liked to ride. We rode some bike trails behind Sedona Summit Resort but decided it was too hard on the ebikes and us. We also went to the Grand Canyon and rode from the visitor center to Hermits Rest and back.

We also ride on side walks, park trails, beaches, roads and highways. Not a fan of highways.

Bill

Last edited:

twise625

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe. The 40 gallon tote we use measures about 38 1/4 x 21 3/4 x 17 and the one with wheels measures 36 3/4 x 21 3/8 x 18 . Mine is tight in the side at 21 3/4 and the length of 38 1/4 is just right but tight. I don't remove or fold the pedals.

I don't know that wheels matter because the tote slides pretty easy. I drag ours from the garage to the suv.

I used this video to help me. The only thing I had a problem with was gluing the cut yellow top to the tote. The glue doesn't hold up too good. I plan on using pop rivets eventually. The lid provides a bit more strength but the big benefit is having the slots for tying off the ebikes.

Bill

The lows tote. https://www.lowes.com/pd/COMMANDER-...lack-Yellow-Tote-with-Latching-Lid/1000225777

Thanks for the input, I watched the video and ended up ordering 2 of the 40 gallon Commander totes that he used - why re-invent the wheel?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Well, at long last, my Electric Trike arrived the other day. Assembly was a piece of cake, minimal tweaking required, and it was ready to go. (Install the front wheel and seat, plug in the motor's electric connection, put air in the tires, and charge the battery.) It rides like the wind, very stable and easy for this wobbly guy to manage. After two failed attempts with ordered (and later, returned) two-wheelers, this three-wheeler was definitely the right choice to make. It took about ten weeks to get here, (Christmas slowed everything down), but it arrived without a scratch. Pictures are below, of the eTrike, and also the Rad PowerBike Step Thru 2 we got for my husband. If anyone wants information on either bike, let me know.

Dave, (soon to be pedal-happy...)

Bike in box.JPG Trike.JPG Trike2.JPG Both Bikes.JPG

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Dave, that looks really cool! The weather is so nice for a bike ride now. Enjoy!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave, that looks really cool! The weather is so nice for a bike ride now. Enjoy!

Thanks! I'm ready to get out of the house, social-distanced, and get some fresh air. This thing will be just the ticket! There are a million bike trails here, and a lot of less-traveled side roads. It's going to be great! :D

Dave

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, at long last, my Electric Trike arrived the other day. Assembly was a piece of cake, minimal tweaking required, and it was ready to go. (Install the front wheel and seat, plug in the motor's electric connection, put air in the tires, and charge the battery.) It rides like the wind, very stable and easy for this wobbly guy to manage. After two failed attempts with ordered (and later, returned) two-wheelers, this three-wheeler was definitely the right choice to make. It took about ten weeks to get here, (Christmas slowed everything down), but it arrived without a scratch. Pictures are below, of the eTrike, and also the Rad PowerBike Step Thru 2 we got for my husband. If anyone wants information on either bike, let me know.

Dave, (soon to be peddle-happy...)

View attachment 31133 View attachment 31134 View attachment 31135 View attachment 31136

Nice ride Dave !!!

Bill

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Nice ride Dave !!!

Bill

Thanks, Bill! It's been a long time getting here, but I'm glad to finally have the ebike that works best for me. Since both bikes fold up (to a degree) the next step will be seeing if I can fit them both in the back of my SUV. Stay tuned!

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
You desert people love to rub it in!

(enjoy it! and yes, I'm jealous!)

Sorry, not sorry. There are so many reasons why I moved here - this is only one of them! :D

Dave

Brett

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm ready to get out of the house, social-distanced, and get some fresh air. This thing will be just the ticket! There are a million bike trails here, and a lot of less-traveled side roads. It's going to be great! :D

Dave

looks good - I might take the ebike down to Florida

kckaren21

TUG Member
Reaction score
While I am enjoying my Lectric XP, it is heavy. I like to pedal (I want the workout), but when I switch back to my regular bike, I find it easier to ride. It is nice to know I can use the pedal assist and throttle when I want it, so I feel better going on longer rides. DH and I ride to the beach regularly, and partway back we switch bikes. It is noticeable how much lighter (and smaller) my regular bike is, 27 lbs vs ~65 lbs. So, I almost prefer my regular bike.

The folded size of 37"x18"x27" is actually pretty big, and the weight makes it harder to transport than I thought. I may have made a different purchase if I had been able to see the bike in person and compare it with other ebikes.

twise625

TUG Member
Reaction score
While I am enjoying my Lectric XP, it is heavy. I like to pedal (I want the workout), but when I switch back to my regular bike, I find it easier to ride. It is nice to know I can use the pedal assist and throttle when I want it, so I feel better going on longer rides. DH and I ride to the beach regularly, and partway back we switch bikes. It is noticeable how much lighter (and smaller) my regular bike is, 27 lbs vs ~65 lbs. So, I almost prefer my regular bike.

The folded size of 37"x18"x27" is actually pretty big, and the weight makes it harder to transport than I thought. I may have made a different purchase if I had been able to see the bike in person and compare it with other ebikes.
Join the Lectric facebook group - I see people listing their almost new bikes there all the time and essentially getting what they paid for them out of it because of the long wait times for new bikes.

kckaren21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Join the Lectric facebook group - I see people listing their almost new bikes there all the time and essentially getting what they paid for them out of it because of the long wait times for new bikes.

Thanks for the suggestion! I did not know about that group. I was feeling resigned, but glad to know of this - thanks!
Re the long wait time: we ordered my bike on Black Friday, Nov 26, and didn't get it until after Christmas, so I was the disappointed kid on Christmas morning when I didn't get my bike...lolz

Brett

Reaction score

yes, being able to test drive and handle an ebike prior to purchase is important

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
yes, being able to test drive and handle an ebike prior to purchase is important

+1 for this. If I'd been able to do that with the two false-starts I had with two-wheeler bikes, I'd have saved myself a lot of hassle and time.

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello, could you please tell us what ebike works best for you ?

We really didn't compare different ebikes by riding them. The ebikes we bought were suggested on this thread. I did look at youtube videos but for the most part decided by price point and recommendations. The things I wanted most out of an ebike was 1. compact foldable 2. reputable company 3. powerful battery 4. easy to get parts and accessories 5. decent price in case the ebike thing wasn't for us.

The Lectric ebike is what we bought. We use them for goofing around as we are not serious bike riders. They are easy to transport. The battery is removable so taking these bikes on trips is easy because we can charge the battery in the room without the bike. The battery weighs about 15 - 20 pounds so removing these makes lifting the bikes into the suv easier. Our ebikes came fully loaded and so far we have added only the big bike seat.

Bill

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
As I explained upthread, I found out the hard way that due to ebike weight and physical balance issues I have, a two-wheel ebike didn't work for me. I eventually ordered a three-wheel electric bike (etrike) from an online vendor. It is imported by a Las Vegas company called BTN, and sold under the weird name Eunorau (as in EUrope NORth america AUstralia), the locations where the etrike is sold. It is a well made, fully-featured, folding electric trike, and I am very pleased.

Search online for "Eunorau Trike" to find several vendors selling it. The pricing seems to be the same with each vendor. I purchased mine from a company in Wyoming, mainly because they don't charge sales tax outside of that state. These electric trikes are not inexpensive, so the sales tax savings is worth it.

Dave

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
I am also in the market $1300 and highly suggest renting first to try different brands it’s short money for a large purchase. We rode on bike paths for 3 hrs about 22 miles. Tried Rad Rover first it’s a heavy bike 70lbs. with super fat tires and a large step through frame 750 watts. They sell smaller frames and also folding ebikes which I will rent next. Easy to use long lasting battery but at 70lbs heavy for the Rover frame was too big for me.
Next trip we rented Magnum from another shop with smaller wheels and step through frame with 350 watt motor a different feel and won’t go as far as RAD.
You don’t want to run out of power even though we did not use the throttle a lot on RAD it happened with one bike that was not fully charged and it was not fun to ride 11miles back without any assist.
Both had throttles overall I preferred RAD but would opt for the smaller wheel step through frame and definitely recommend a padded seat and folding basket. There is a $225 discount if we bought 2 Rads from the rental shop who only rents that brand and could be used even if we purchase them online. Thanks for the Costco tip.
They are great fun and can cost well over $3000 depending what brand you choose but definitely an important factor is how many watts.

Last edited:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)