• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ebay Timeshare Purchases for Massanutten

lms400

Reaction score

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
yup, I already placed a bid for 5.50 haha
Congrats you’ll probably win it at 5.50 it’s just a shame you have to wait 20 days for the auction to end lol. Are you absolutely sure you want massanutten though? I feel like you need to research much much more.

lms400

Reaction score
Congrats you’ll probably win it at 5.50 it’s just a shame you have to wait 20 days for the auction to end lol. Are you absolutely sure you want massanutten though? I feel like you need to research much much more.
right! isn't that so weird. 20 days. Bizarre.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
right! isn't that so weird. 20 days. Bizarre.
It’s because no one generally bids on those ownerships. Don’t bid anymore..... research what you should get into. Learn about other systems.

lms400

Reaction score
It’s because no one generally bids on those ownerships. Don’t bid anymore..... research what you should get into. Learn about other systems.
yeah, I have been bidding on some. I need to stop

lms400

Reaction score
I definitely need to research more. I'm going to be obsessing about this so I'm sure I will just continue to obsess and research everything I can.

lms400

Reaction score
Do you recommend certain timeshare resale web sites?

lms400

Reaction score

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
yup, I already placed a bid for 5.50 haha
That one is a casa unit which breaks off into 2 1BR's but it has a MF of $730. It sounded like you originally were looking at a 4BR lockoff with an internal exchange program so you got a 2 BR every year. The MF's are quite a bit lower.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Do you recommend certain timeshare resale web sites?
I recommend you check out Wyndham, Hilton, Marriott, vistana, and then RCI and Interval International. RCI and II are exchange companies. Hilton and Wyndham trade in RCI along with massanutten and many others. Vistana, Marriott and Hyatt all trade in Interval.

take a look at which resorts and locations you’d want to visit most then buy there. STOP BIDDING UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO OWN! :)

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Are you expecting to use 1BR or 2BR when you go? How many people do you expect to use the unit? You might want to take a little while to research what size unit would be the best for your usage or to optimize trading power. If you were going to make payments, you might look at a 4BR that is only around 1/3rd more in maintenance fees and would give you quite a bit more vacation or trading power.

Note: the 2BRs I believe you are looking at are really two 1BR lock-off units. (Each that sleep 4 with two in a bedroom and 2 on a sofa bed.

The 4BRs are really two 2BR lock-off units. each has 2BRs and a sofa bed.

PS ... If you bid on any Massanutten weeks auctions on eBay, you have a real chance of the auction closing with you as the top bidder.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I also strongly concur with this advice. Getting in is easy. Spending the time to make sure you do it right is the most important thing. Getting out of an ownership .... much less easy.

You need to slow down. finish rescinding and then do more research. I am sending you a PM.

lms400

Reaction score
Are you expecting to use 1BR or 2BR when you go? How many people do you expect to use the unit? You might want to take a little while to research what size unit would be the best for your usage or to optimize trading power. If you were going to make payments, you might look at a 4BR that is only around 1/3rd more in maintenance fees and would give you quite a bit more vacation or trading power.

Note: the 2BRs I believe you are looking at are really two 1BR lock-off units. (Each that sleep 4 with two in a bedroom and 2 on a sofa bed.

PS ... If you bid on any Massanutten weeks auctions on eBay, you have a real chance of the auction closing with you as the top bidder.

Oh yeah I don't want that. The one I got at Massanutten was 2 Bedrooms, 1 was a big one with a huge bed and then the other bedroom had two single beds. 2 bathrooms. That was a good start for what I'm looking for.

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
I see you've posted in 2 of our forums. The other forum, which is intended for those new to Timeshares, is probably the better one to start in. There is a "sticky" link at the top of that forum that will get your research journey started. Here's the link: https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/what-to-buy-questions-for-new-timeshare-owners.208742/ This will help others in TUG get an idea of what your needs are and to suggest where to look. It will also help you marshal your thoughts and give you a good starting point.

You've mentioned Massanutten several times and that it's relatively close to where you live. That's a great reason for choosing a particular resort. Many here will advise you to "Buy what you will use." But, there are other reasons to buy into a particular resort. That link I gave you above will help you think through what it is you really want/need.

Massanutten is part of the Vacation Village group of timeshare resorts. You will find more specific information about Vacation Village in the sub-forum for them in the Timeshare Resort Systems main forum. You also mentioned possibly doing an "internal exchange" for a change of pace at some point. Vacation Village is somewhat unique for "internal exchanges". You will find there are some systems like Hilton, Hyatt, Wyndham, Diamond, etc. that have their own exchange systems that allows for internal exchanges but also allow you to "deposit" your timeshare week with an external system like Interval International or RCI. That allows you to go to locations outside their network of timeshares. Vacation Village uses RCI to do ALL of your exchanges, both "internal exchanges" and external exchanges.

If you have questions specific to Massanutten or Vacation Village feel free to post in that sub-forum. You should get some quick responses from owners that know them best.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I want to have the week at Massanutten, but have the option to exchange it for a week somewhere else; so flexible in that sense. I did not even know you can use increments of less than 7 days. You can do that at Massanutten?

That would be an option with an RCI “Points” ownership. Timeshares are complicated. Researching them on the front end and thinking things through is something you owe it to yourself to do.

lms400

Reaction score
That would be an option with an RCI “Points” ownership. Timeshares are complicated. Researching them on the front end and thinking things through is something you owe it to yourself to do.
Yup, that's exactly what I'm going to do. I wish there was a "Timeshares for Dummies" book

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Yup, that's exactly what I'm going to do. I wish there was a "Timeshares for Dummies" book

Haven't read it and am in no way related to the author, so I'm ok if a moderator deletes this as advertising. TUG is probably a much better resource than getting a book on timeshares because it's constantly updated by a wide variety of users.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stop bidding and buying a read and research. Ask tons of questions, but read the info that is already available. People who take the time to post answers on your questions KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. MOST Tuggers have made purchases at some point they either regretted or rescinded. Ebay bidding is for when your education has progressed much further. You need to know exactly what your bidding on. And then double verify.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Stop bidding and buying a read and research. Ask tons of questions, but read the info that is already available. People who take the time to post answers on your questions KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. MOST Tuggers have made purchases at some point they either regretted or rescinded. Ebay bidding is for when your education has progressed much further. You need to know exactly what your bidding on. And then double verify.

OP has withdrawn 4 bids (observed per following links in an eBay auction site above.) A recission and 4 bid cancellations in a week! @lms400, once you have learned the ins and outs, you will be glad you didn't jump in too quick. Also, if you ever get to the point of owning and need to get rid of it, you need to research getting out on the front end as well. Welcome to TUG!

lms400

Reaction score
Thank you! How do you double verify?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk