• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ebay Timeshare Purchases for Massanutten

lms400

Reaction score
I am going to rescind my purchase at Massanutten as I realized I can probably find a better deal on ebay. However, I am nervous about purchasing a timeshare on ebay. Has anyone done this before? If so, what advice can you give me? I know it must not be as easy as being the highest bidder. Is it hard to transfer deeds for resale? Any information would be great.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
It is easy if you get a good seller. And such a transaction should always be viewed as taking some risk. I would be happy to suggest some things to do if you go that route. I would say 1) look into the seller 2) see an estoppel to be sure it is what they say and 3) think how you should protect yourself (like paying with a credit card).

You should decide what you want and then find the best way to get it. I would not recommend looking on eBay to decide what you want.

What do you want to buy and what do you want to use it for?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I am going to rescind my purchase at Massanutten as I realized I can probably find a better deal on ebay. However, I am nervous about purchasing a timeshare on ebay. Has anyone done this before? If so, what advice can you give me? I know it must not be as easy as being the highest bidder. Is it hard to transfer deeds for resale? Any information would be great.
How much are you saving? Did you buy points or weeks?

lms400

Reaction score
It is easy if you get a good seller. And such a transaction should always be viewed as taking some risk. I would be happy to suggest some things to do if you go that route. I would say 1) look into the seller 2) see an estoppel to be sure it is what they say and 3) think how you should protect yourself (like paying with a credit card).

You should decide what you want and then find the best way to get it. I would not recommend looking on eBay to decide what you want.

I am a teacher so ideally I want a week I can enjoy. I have off all the major holidays and if I choose not to work extended school year then I have the summer off. I would love a internal exchange option. I wouldn't mind the deeded week to be in the summer, but have the flexibility to choose another work. Not sure if I'm asking for too much.

lms400

Reaction score

So basically if I see something I like, I should ask the seller to provide an estoppel to verify huh?!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

I bought my regal vista points on eBay, as did many others here. If you want a woodstone weeks unit you can get one of those for free on eBay. There are quite a few listed. You can probably get one with better TPU than the one you purchased.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I bought a week(17)--Woodstone 2BA/2BA, but it's floating. I also have internal exchange. Gold Member. Bonus week annually. 12,500K. $475 maintenance fee.
Make sure you follow the rescission instructions carefully.... get that letter in the mail USPS certified and postmarked by tommorow! Whoever signed the contract must sign the letter. It matter when the letter is postmarked not received. Send it USPS certified mail and save proof of postmark.

lms400

Reaction score
I bought my regal vista points on eBay, as did many others here. If you want a woodstone weeks unit you can get one of those for free on eBay. There are quite a few listed. You can probably get one with better TPU than the one you purchased.
I'm sorry, what does TPU mean? I'm fairly new to this timeshare process.

lms400

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the difference is between points and weeks. I'm assuming you can redeem points for weeks?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I'm sorry, what does TPU mean? I'm fairly new to this timeshare process.
That’s what you will receive when you trade your massanutten week in RCI for other resorts. You receive TPU (trade power units) I think that’s is what it stands for.

your main concern should be writing up the letter to rescind and get it in the mail tomorrow... then worry about the other stuff

lms400

Reaction score
That’s what you will receive when you trade your massanutten week in RCI for other resorts. You receive TPU (trade power units) I think that’s is what it stands for.

your main concern should be writing up the letter to rescind and get it in the mail tomorrow... then worry about the other stuff
Is that the same as an internal exchange?

lms400

Reaction score
b

btw, I appreciate your help! Thank you!

lms400

Reaction score

Yes, I double checked the law and it said a week, but I am going to get on that ASAP. I don't want to play games.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
b

btw, I appreciate your help! Thank you!
Don’t you worry, you’ll get the help you need here when you're ready, from those who know much much more than I do.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I am a teacher so ideally I want a week I can enjoy. I have off all the major holidays and if I choose not to work extended school year then I have the summer off. I would love a internal exchange option. I wouldn't mind the deeded week to be in the summer, but have the flexibility to choose another work. Not sure if I'm asking for too much.
You want to trade to go other places or always go to Massanutten? Is one week a year what you want? If you are in love with Massanutten (I own there and like it but use most of my ownership to trade) that may make things simple. But if you are interested in other places (trading) or using increments of less than 7 days, you need to spend some time researching what is out there.

lms400

Reaction score
You want to trade to go other places or always go to Massanutten? Is one week a year what you want? If you are in love with Massanutten (I own there and like it but use most of my ownership to trade) that may make things simple. But if you are interested in other places (trading) or using increments of less than 7 days, you need to spend some time researching what is out there.
I want to have the week at Massanutten, but have the option to exchange it for a week somewhere else; so flexible in that sense. I did not even know you can use increments of less than 7 days. You can do that at Massanutten?

lms400

Reaction score
I live in Maryland so the 3 hour drive to Massanutten is very doable.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Asking for an estoppel is starting the purchase process or a precursor to doing so (verifying what it is before going further into commitments or negotiations). I would not ask for one because I was interested in an auction. But if I decided to purchase I would ideally want to see it before bidding and absolutely expect to see it before paying or starting paperwork.

So basically if I see something I like, I should ask the seller to provide an estoppel to verify huh?!

lms400

Reaction score
Don’t you worry, you’ll get the help you need here when you're ready, from those who know much much more than I do.
That's good. I
Glad I stumbled upon this site. I was thrust into the timeshare life on Friday and now I'm up to my ears in research and am rescinding my purchase better safe than sorry.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
You’re in a good spot! Many don’t find TUG until it’s too late. Finding TUG just saved you $12,500! Congrats! Just make sure you do not contact the sales office to rescind, they will try to talk you into keeping it. The instructions will be in the contract and it’s important to follow them.

@escanoe should be able to confirm that you will receive an extra vacation certificate to go back to massanutten. You can use that to visit massanutten and use your deeded week for an exchange. You’ll have plenty of options to travel

lms400

Reaction score
how
You’re in a good spot! Many don’t find TUG until it’s too late. Finding TUG just saved you $12,500! Congrats! Just make sure you do not contact the sales office to rescind, they will try to talk you into keeping it. The instructions will be in the contract and it’s important to follow them.

@escanoe should be able to confirm that you will receive an extra vacation certificate to go back to massanutten. You can use that to visit massanutten and use your deeded week for an exchange. You’ll have plenty of options to travel
how do you get extra vacation certificates?

lms400

Reaction score
I feel like just learning was an estoppel was is life changing and will help me greatly. So happy the internet exists haha.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I feel like just learning was an estoppel was is life changing and will help me greatly. So happy the internet exists haha.
This will probably sell for a dollar..... week 25

lms400

Reaction score