• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ebay second chance for Ocean Walk. What do you think?

capsman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a new member (first post) with Tug and have been lurking and learning for a while. I do not own a timeshare but have been investigating it for about a year. I have learned more in 4 weeks on tug than I had the previous 48 weeks on my own. I have been watching Wyndham auctions for a while and was interested in the Ocean walk property because of the beach access. Having learned of buying where you want to be I thought this would be a good number of points 315K at a good location.

The seller laman34 (namal43) has offered a second chance at $2000 for the 315K points. At .6 cents per point it is higher than some of the other auctions i've watched and it seems the MF is a bit high for that number of points. But it is the location that I was after.

Anyway I just wanted to ask the experienced members their thoughts on this
opportunity. Please hold no punches.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360077023603&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=023

Thanks for the knowledge and the help.

Aussiedog

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on doing your homework!!!!
A few thoughts -

• I am familiar with the seller so I believe that your second chance offer is legit.
  • 6 cents a point does not seem high to those of us who paid 9 cents last year!
  • Point prices are higher in the more desirable areas
Re the MF, price and total points -
  • Does this point package get you the unit size that you want when you want it?
  • Is this where you want to vacation?
Assuming you answered yes to the above (and I believe you did), you can wait for a better deal but this one sounds good to me.

Ann

acesneights

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most second chance offers on eBay are scams designed to get money or information from you.

Be sure it is REALLY the ORIGINAL seller.

Stan

capsman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've used my message center from Ebay to check that it is a true EBay second chance offer and it is (it would not show up on the internal Ebay messaging system if it wasn't a true second chance.

As far as wanting to be there it is a convenient location for me as it is an easy flight down and we never have a problem vacationing in the winter on the beach. ;) Last year's winter is the last one I will spend without a break from the snow!
316K gives me enough points to get what I want in prime season and as I have learned from the experienced tuggers here, I can always get more points in the future if/when I want. I have also watched the MB area as I am an avid golfer with a short season.

I saw that Ocean Walk was rated pretty well by tuggers. I just didn't know if it was in for major overhauls or not.

Aussiedog

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can call him directly using the phone number in the ad or call the main number for VIN, Inc..

Ann

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
I just bought from him and things went well except for the FAXing of the contract - something wrong with their FAX machines....

Ocean walk will be great - and you could also use your points for other places, too

capsman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have decided to take the plunge and purchase these points at Ocean walk. :)
I would really like to thank everyone on TUG and specifically the regular posters on Wyndham (like JYA Aussie, Awaywego, Rick&cindy, lprstn don etc etc etc) that I have read and have gained a huge amount of knowledge in a relatively short period of time.
The value of these boards is in people taking the time to share their experiences and knowledge for everone's gain.
For that I thank you all for your time & effort in sharing your knowledge. I would have not made this move with such confidence without your efforts.

i will report back my experience of going thru the sale with VIN. I have heard varying measures of success and it seems staying on top of things is the key.

Now, I will scour the boards for steps to watch out for during the process of purchase.

If there are any quick links to this part of the process that I have missed then I am not shy in following links and instructions.

Thanks again.

Past lurker, current newbie poster, and hopefully future supporter! :D

capsman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it normal to ask for 2009 MF during sale?

I received my contract tonight and Mike from VIN shows up as the seller. It doesn't actually have the true sellers name anywhere. Do they actually take ownership of these timeshares when selling them? I would think they would have to have the true seller's name on this contract wouldn't they?

Also VIN is stating that Wyndham may ask for 2009 MF (they say 2008 MF is paid) to be paid in full prior to completing transfer. Is this normal?

I was ready to say no but figured I'd ask the Wyndham owners if they had heard of this before.

Thanks

Aussiedog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have purchased several TSs from them, and on my contracts Mike or one of the others is listed as the seller with a limited POA to conduct the transaction of behalf of the actual owner.

Should not be an issue. Just make sure that you read the rest of the contract and that you are comfortable with all the terms. I always have a couple of minor changes that I make to their contracts - pm me if you want the details.

Regarding the MFs, not sure on that one. I know that I have paid a half year in advance when the seller prepaid that much and needed to be reimbursed. FF closings take sooooo long that he may be preparing you for the fact that you may still be in escrow when the 2009 MF bills are mailed :shrug: !

Good luck!!!

Ann

lprstn

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is what transpired with my last purchase...

Happy to help;

I paid the deposit to the seller, got a copy of the deed for my records, the deed copy was also sent to the title company, who sent me a letter requesting the balance, I paid the balance via cashier's check, then they did the title search, filed the deed (this took about 4 weeks), then they sent me the paper work for me to fill out for Wyndam ownership, they sent that to Wyndam and it took Wyndam about 3 weeks to process it.