• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

EBAY Resale Purchase

SGould

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a resale purchase on EBAY and the seller is The Timeshare Group LLC. Does anyone have any feedback on how they are as a seller? Any concerns? Thank you!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a resale purchase on EBAY and the seller is The Timeshare Group LLC. Does anyone have any feedback on how they are as a seller? Any concerns? Thank you!

Personally, I'd be concern with any eBay seller as to their performance.

However, I wouldn't hesitate if they allowed me to have my own closing company handle the transaction (as they would represent me and not the seller).

Remember, you really don't know what "could" happen with your money once it's in the hands of an eBay seller who then controls the entire transaction.

Some eBay sellers of Timeshares are very good, and very legit. Others are absolutely horrible!

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought from them one time and they are very good but on the high side pricewise. Had no issues.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
They are all the same people from sell my timeshare now, discount timeshare etc, multiple names all pretty much the same. They use timeshare closing services. They are reputable you should be fine

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I am having a negative experience buying from SMTN / timeshare closing services. I won't comment more since it's still in process, but it's been bad. I'll post once it closes.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I am having a negative experience buying from SMTN / timeshare closing services. I won't comment more since it's still in process, but it's been bad. I'll post once it closes.

You would think for the price they charge for closing you would have a very smooth closing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Shocking since they like to charge insane amount of fees. Literally emailing back and forth now.... almost 1500 in Closing and transfer fees plus 1500 purchase price. I’m cracking up laughing. Same units are going for a few hundred with sellers paying closing and transfer. Is this that eBay listing you paid but they said you didn’t pay? I’ve used SMTN and TCS a few times and although they are so high I’ve had good experiences. Of course for a fraction of the cost I’ve had better experiences with LT

Last edited: