• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

EBAY Rentals

Reaction score
If anyone is thinking about renting on Ebay be extremely careful. I had two reservations at Glacier Canyon set for the end of the month. One in my name, the other I but in my brother in laws name. I called Wyndham to see if they were going to cancel both of them or not and they canceled the reservation I had made for my brother in law on the spot. Said they are hoping to maybe start honoring guest reservations in mid July. I then started to look and see if I could replace his, knowning that I could not and I have found that there are SEVERAL people on Ebay who have times listed for sale and when I contact them about them, most of them state they WILL NOT offer refunds. I am not sure if they are aware that Wyndham is cancelling non-owner reservations or not, but this is super sad. I argued with one woman on Ebay and she wanted to hear nothing of what I was saying. I could not imagine telling my kids that we are going to Glacier Canyon, only to get cancelled and then getting robbed of a thousand dollars in the process.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I avoid selling on Ebay because of the stupid people who try to lowball you. The buyers are even worse. They want accommodations for less than the cost of the maintenance fees and I have really low maintenance fees. I just use Redweek verified and protected.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I wouldn't rent from or on ebay.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have rented on eBay for years without issue. Many of the renters are points managers or owners who have been at it for years. Like anything on eBay, you can check the history of the seller.

As for prices, I have gotten plenty of good deals. As a renter, that's the point. On eBay, you generally can see lots of comparable rentals for certain resorts and you can see the price history, which helps you determine the value.

As for rentals paying maintenance fees, those aren't relevant. It's what the market will bear. I don't care what your maintenance fees are, I only care what I will be paying.

What eBay isn't great for is stays in less-popular places. It's great for Orlando, but not-so-much for less-traveled places.

If I were a renter I would try to avoid eBay. You have to pay fees that erode your profits. Competition is cutthroat.

Where it shines is dumping reservations. If you price it right, you can get some cash.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
I have rented on eBay for years without issue. Many of the renters are points managers or owners who have been at it for years. Like anything on eBay, you can check the history of the seller.

As for prices, I have gotten plenty of good deals. As a renter, that's the point. On eBay, you generally can see lots of comparable rentals for certain resorts and you can see the price history, which helps you determine the value.

As for rentals paying maintenance fees, those aren't relevant. It's what the market will bear. I don't care what your maintenance fees are, I only care what I will be paying.

What eBay isn't great for is stays in less-popular places. It's great for Orlando, but not-so-much for less-traveled places.

If I were a renter I would try to avoid eBay. You have to pay fees that erode your profits. Competition is cutthroat.

Where it shines is dumping reservations. If you price it right, you can get some cash.

Orlando is what I tried to rent out. I did Easter week in a 2 bedroom deluxe at bonnet creek for $1200. I sold it on Redweek within a week at that price. I kept getting some choosing beggar wanting it for $500 then $600. He wouldn't leave me alone and I made my listing clear that the price wasn't negotiable. I even put that I will use the reservation myself if I had no takers. Underlying MF are what matters because what's the point of renting out your points for less than what they cost? You might as well just use them yourself.

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham club acess, Wyndham Smokey Mountain
I’m a Wyndham owner and I’ve rented two listing Bonnet Creek and had no issue. There are some pro’s and con’s to it as well. I believe after everything is said and done it like 15% seller fee which you have to account for. I basically take my average what I pay for MF plus the 15% to at least break even. I’ve never tried Redweek. Anyone know how much the fee is? I also list on here as well.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
I’m a Wyndham owner and I’ve rented two listing Bonnet Creek and had no issue. There are some pro’s and con’s to it as well. I believe after everything is said and done it like 15% seller fee which you have to account for. I basically take my average what I pay for MF plus the 15% to at least break even. I’ve never tried Redweek. Anyone know how much the fee is? I also list on here as well.

$44.98 using verified and protected

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Orlando is what I tried to rent out. I did Easter week in a 2 bedroom deluxe at bonnet creek for $1200. I sold it on Redweek within a week at that price. I kept getting some choosing beggar wanting it for $500 then $600. He wouldn't leave me alone and I made my listing clear that the price wasn't negotiable. I even put that I will use the reservation myself if I had no takers. Underlying MF are what matters because what's the point of renting out your points for less than what they cost? You might as well just use them yourself.
Sad thing is many VIP owners were sold more points then they can use, they no longer can travel and just cant afford the maintenance fees. There are many owners burdened with maintenance fees of $2500- $5000 per month which causes them to rent for less then their costs.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sad thing is many VIP owners were sold more points then they can use, they no longer can travel and just cant afford the maintenance fees. There are many owners burdened with maintenance fees of $2500- $5000 per month which causes them to rent for less then their costs.

It isn't just the maintenance fees. During the cancel and rebook era, I was amazed by the low point totals on some of the stays I rented. Power renters were quite adept at maximizing points.