• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ebay closing issues?

hawkeye1960

Reaction score
I purchased a timeshare in AZ off ebay on may15th, I learned from the
seller that it takes 3-months to complete closing. Its now closing in on 4 months and I still have heard nothing. The timeshare service said the deed
was still yet to be recorded with the county. Has anyone else out there
had to wait this long or longer when buying off Ebay?:shrug:

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you been in contact with the closing company? Have they sent the deed to the county to be recorded? If so, have you contacted the county to see "where" the deed is in regards to them recording it?

If the closing company hasn't sent the deed to the county for recording, have you asked them "what is the delay"?

If you are looking to either use, or deposit the 2008 timeshare, have you asked the seller to help you?

Having everything done in a little over 3 months isn't that unusual. Sometimes things get done faster, sometimes slower.

Tony

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW, here's my experience so far.

I bought an HGVC unit worth 7000 points from an eBay vendor on 6/23, as discussed here. The escrow agent, Timeshare Transfer Inc, has been very responsive and professional at every step. They notified me that on 8/15, the deed was sent to the county for recording. So far, they haven't received it back. This past week I asked them to inquire with the county. I haven't heard back from them yet.

So for me, it's been almost 11 weeks. I'm not worried. It seems to me that it normally takes about 3 months.

In your circumstances, though, where it's been 4 months and you can't get an answer, I'd start pushing pretty hard.

-Bob

legalls

TUG Member
Reaction score
ebay closing

I purchased 518,000 Wyndham Points at Grand Desert on 6/13/08. The deed was recorded on 7/21/08, in Clark County Nevada. It has now been sent to Wyndham for transfer and I haven't heard anything from them yet. So I don't understand why your deed hasn't been recorded yet. I am working through Timeshare-Freedom. I know they have received some negative reviews here, but they have done right for me.

Rick

dr.debs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can look up your deed to see if it has recorded in Maricopa county here

http://recorder.maricopa.gov/recdocdata/

I did this, and as my deed had a number of problems, I saved myself many weeks in closing time by keeping on top of it.

Good luck...

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a TS from ebay and the closing company was timeshare closing services. I purchased it more than 5 months ago, and the resort still cannot find my name in their system. The worst and the longest closing process I've had.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have one I purchased in mid-June with the closing company being Timeshare Freedom.

They are nice enough people on the phone, but S-L-O-W. I was told the deed was recorded a bit over a month ago and they would be sending checks and the deed to the resort back then. I checked with them on Tuesday and have been told these have NOT been sent yet and they would expedite. I have yet to see anything in writing, other than charges to my credit card.

Calls to their office today are rolling to voicemail and just a bit ago it rang several times until someone picked up and hung up the phone without answering. I'm becoming increasingly concerned that there may be something else going on at their end which they aren't revealing. I'm trying to be positive and expect re-sales closings to take a bit of time, but something just doesn't quite feel right. I've purchased all my T/S weeks resale and 3 months is certainly in the ballpark. The phrase actions speak louder than words comes to mind.

Their client communication skills could use improvement. Perhaps they are bugging out due to IKE? I show them located in Cleveland, Georgia. A google maps check have it near Tennesee...I just don't know.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have one I purchased in mid-June with the closing company being Timeshare Freedom.

They are nice enough people on the phone, but S-L-O-W. I was told the deed was recorded a bit over a month ago and they would be sending checks and the deed to the resort back then. I checked with them on Tuesday and have been told these have NOT been sent yet and they would expedite. I have yet to see anything in writing, other than charges to my credit card.

Calls to their office today are rolling to voicemail and just a bit ago it rang several times until someone picked up and hung up the phone without answering. I'm becoming increasingly concerned that there may be something else going on at their end which they aren't revealing. I'm trying to be positive and expect re-sales closings to take a bit of time, but something just doesn't quite feel right. I've purchased all my T/S weeks resale and 3 months is certainly in the ballpark. The phrase actions speak louder than words comes to mind.

Their client communication skills could use improvement. Perhaps they are bugging out due to IKE? I show them located in Cleveland, Georgia. A google maps check have it near Tennesee...I just don't know.

I followed up with a phone call again today and was told the recorded dead & checks were sent to the resort on 9/9/08 and my paperwork mailed to me the same date (a week ago).

Now I'm checking my mail closely.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
For Bob (Blues)...

FWIW, here's my experience so far.

I bought an HGVC unit worth 7000 points from an eBay vendor on 6/23, as discussed here. The escrow agent, Timeshare Transfer Inc, has been very responsive and professional at every step. They notified me that on 8/15, the deed was sent to the county for recording. So far, they haven't received it back. This past week I asked them to inquire with the county. I haven't heard back from them yet.

It should not take a month for a recording turn-a-around. If I were in your shoes, I'd contact the public records office myself to confirm that they did get the deed. Its possible that it never arrived or that it did not have the correct amount of fees attached, and is sitting in limbo. "Trust, but verify."

As for the OP, I'd try to find out if they ever sent a deed to the seller. Its possible that the file is sitting on someone's desk and nothing has been done. The closing agent is technically working for the seller, so I'd press the seller. "Have they sent you anything to sign?" and "Have you returned it to them?" If they're not getting the job done, the parties can go elsewhere.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It should not take a month for a recording turn-a-around. If I were in your shoes, I'd contact the public records office myself to confirm that they did get the deed.

Thanks, Talent312. My post was written on 9/7. By 9/9 I had a copy of the recorded deed. It was actually recorded on 8/28, but it took that long for the recorders office to send it to the escrow agent. Bureaucracy at work, I guess.

The escrow agent has sent a copy of the recorded deed, a transmittal letter, and a check for the transfer fee to HGVC. I've got a copy of the deed and letter. Word has it that HGVC takes 1-2 weeks, so I'm expecting my new points to show up in my HGVC account soon.

-Bob

Colorado Belle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare closers are pretty much the ebay 'seller' and the money they change is what they get for selling you someone else's timeshare who probably gets close to nothing.

All that is done with the timeshare is that the 'deed' or piece of paper that is your contract gets sent to the timeshare resort with a fee, and the 'deed' which is often not a deed as much as the contract 'you have 1 week forever' gets filed by paying a few bucks a page recording fee. The closer is supposed to call the resort and make sure all the dues are paid and get a copy that this is so, but I have never seen one. That's it.

too bad that buyers and sellers don't just do it themselves, but I digress :D
often the 'paper' is just sitting somewhere on someones desk (resort, closer, recording office)

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I followed up with a phone call again today and was told the recorded dead & checks were sent to the resort on 9/9/08 and my paperwork mailed to me the same date (a week ago).

Now I'm checking my mail closely.

Under the good news/BAD NEWS category...we got our deed with a postmark on the evelope of 9/17/08. The recording date was 7/8/08 according to the sticker attached to the deed.

A check with the resort however revealed that it was recorded under information of the old resort (Summer Bay) rather than the new resort (Summer Bay Desert Club) and as of April 2008, all deeds needed to be recorded with the new info. This is due to the Summer Bay relocation to the new resort. I knew this sale would likely be complicated.

The resort has sent back the deed with instructions to the title company to record it correctly before they will accept it. There is also $661 in maintenance fee's due on this week which the transfer company was supposed to pay as well. I have an e-mail dating back to August stating they were issuing checks for transfer and maintenance fee's so at least I have it in writing from them.

I spoke with the closing agent today who asked for 48 hours to research and find out what needs to be done. I'm VERY polite on the phone and straight forward. I paid MF's to the seller which should be in escrow with Timeshare-Freedom (I hope!!!). Additionally, unbeknowst to me, the seller on the deed is listed as the infamous Darmish Patel with RAN.

This will be our 5th TS week I've purchased in and the only one so far which hasn't just gone through as a matter of course.

I will update this as it proceeds.