• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Easter week at Waiohai now not offered AC. Why? II couldn't tell me.

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
A few months ago, we called II to see how late we could deposit our Waiohai week for April 10. We were told by Andy, that up to 60 days ahead of time we would still qualilfy for an AC.

Since we received an exchange to Waiohai with our Mountainside 1bdrm, and went there in October, we have decided to deposit the Easter Waiohai week. However, the II rep I just spoke with says that our week does not qualify for an AC. She tried reaching the other rep I had spoken with previously, but he was not available. I will try to reach him later. I know ACs are not that great, but it is nice to have for an extra week if something good shows up.

Any advice? We probably should have rented it, but we have never done that before, and it just sounded too iffy.

We could still use it, but we really don't need another week there so soon, although we always love Waiohai!

Thanks.

Ann

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Advice

Pay the $29 and get a better week - one that both, qualifies for an AC, and is more than six months away for added trading power. Like AUGUST!

Ann in CA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
Hmmm. Not sure what you mean. Can you change dates with Marriott for $29? Sorry. We usually just deposit for exchange or use our weeks so don't know all the possibilities. Thanks! We'll check it out.

Ann

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can call Owner Services and cancel your week, paying a $28 cancellation fee, and book another week.

Go to II's page for Waiohai and take a look at the Travel Demand Index (link on the right side of the page). You'll see that some summer weeks are as much in demand as your Easter week. And as Terry suggested, you'll have a lot more trading power because you'll be depositing that summer week more in advance of your check-in date than if you deposited the Easter week.

Call II before reserving a new week and ask which of those high-demand summer weeks qualify for an AC.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Summer weeks, June thru August, are indeed being offered AC's from II. September thru December are not.

Ann in CA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, I called II today to find out the weeks that AC would be given for Waiohai. The rep told me April 23-Sept 9, and Sept 3-23. Then I asked if they had a change in policy since the rep (a good one) a few months ago had told me that my April 10 week would receive an AC even if I waited until 60 days out to deposit. She went back to check, and came back to say our week qualified for an AC after all. When I pressed her as to why the rep yesterday said no, she said there was a second page to the notice that said AC would be given Dec 19, '08-May '09, and that yesterday's rep had probably not seen that, as she had not until she went back to double check. I am writing a note to II to let them know that she went the extra minute to check this out for me. Even though she made the mistake the first time, she worked with me to find out why, so I think she deserves a pat on the back.

So in spite of the fact that I might have better trading power if I went to Marriott and was able to get a later week, I grilled her again about whether I really did get the AC, and went ahead and deposited with II. We really appreciate all the advice...just wanted to get this over so I can start working on booking a rewards package before the 14th!