• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Earning WYndham Reward points on TS stays

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
This is not a thing wyndham does. Is this true?

Marriott does this but they are the only one that counts TS room nights into their hotel program.

Guy is claiming it is. Don't buy it.

jhoug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Newest Wyndham (Barclays) Reward CC Benefits. 1/1 not much of a benefit. TS not counting as Hotel

• Earn 45,000 bonus points, enough for up to 6 free nights at participating properties​

after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days. Free nights can require up to 30,000 points per bedroom at participating properties and are subject to availability. Resort fees may apply and cannot be paid with points.2,3
  • Earn 5 points per $1 spent​

on eligible purchases made at Hotels by Wyndham as well as on qualifying gas purchases.3
  • Earn 2 points per $1 spent​

on eligible dining and grocery store purchases (excluding Target® and Walmart®).3
  • Earn 1 point per $1 spent​

on all other purchases (excluding Wyndham Timeshare resort down payments). That means paying bills, buying home office supplies, car repairs, and more are earning you your next great vacation!3
  • Annual Bonus​

Earn 7,500 bonus points each anniversary year if you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases—that’s enough for up to one free night at participating properties.2,3
  • Automatic GOLD Level Benefits!​

Automatically receive a Wyndham Rewards GOLD member level and enjoy perks like free WiFi, preferred room selection, late checkout, and more.3 See details
  • Enjoy a Cardmember Booking Discount​

Wyndham Rewards Earner Cardmembers can save even more on our Best Available Rate at participating Hotels by Wyndham.3
  • Unlimited Earning​

There is no limit to the number of points you can earn.
  • go free® Faster​

Redeem 10% fewer Wyndham Rewards points for go free®awards.3
  • Redeem your points for free nights​

at participating Wyndham Rewards properties, online shopping, gift cards and so much more.4

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
Wyndham CC stinks and most of the hotels are awful. Put your maintenance fees on a different travel card (one of the Sapphire or Venture cards) or even a different hotel card (Marriott, Hilton) and use those instead. My Wyndham cc stays in a drawer. Only reasons I haven't cancelled are $0 fee and, especially, I don't want the credit score hit since the limit on the card is so high from prior TS purchases put on it at 0% interest.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I mentioned this before and will again...Shell/ Wyndham presentation at Donatello, guy claimed we could get 10X for every charge to the credit card. Stupid claim, made him show me the proof, he couldn't. Made a fool of himself. But his manager was okay with the lie, didn't chastize him at all. Just said, "Well, on some things you get 10X." Name me one thing!

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I asked the same thing. Show me where it says in writing that you get points for using your timeshare points. Couldn't provide it. Sales manager was nice enough and we chatted then I got gifted and left.

I don't normally go, but I have said NO to the same person who knows me from 3 different resorts in TX so many times, so I gave her the trill of getting credit for me to attend. Only because I was solo at that point on Monday morning.

it was fine they never even offered me a price.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CC stinks and most of the hotels are awful. Put your maintenance fees on a different travel card (one of the Sapphire or Venture cards) or even a different hotel card (Marriott, Hilton) and use those instead. My Wyndham cc stays in a drawer. Only reasons I haven't cancelled are $0 fee and, especially, I don't want the credit score hit since the limit on the card is so high from prior TS purchases put on it at 0% interest.

That is my issue too, I don't like 98.9 % of there hotel offerings. Only good thing would be to use it at WM and Wyndham Resorts on weekends, but I would have to run the risk of having to move rooms if I was there longer than a weekend. .

troy12n

Reaction score
I know some of you like to dump on Wyndham Hotels... and a lot of the criticism is warranted. Wyndham has made some odd chain purchases over the years. Super 8 and Days Inn being a couple of them. But I have stayed in some nice La Quinta and Wyndham Garden locations for 15,000 WR points per night.

And... I just booked 5 nights at Cypress Palms in Orlando for, get this... 7500 WR points per night. This is a 1BR, but still. That cannot be beat. I am going to a conference in Orlando and was going to stay at one of the Wyndham resorts and bag the max money my company was going to pay for hotel (I don't have to give a receipt). So I checked the timeshare side, and also the Hotel side to see if I could book Bonnet Creek with points, I know you sometimes can. Well, the specific dates I was looking for, Bonnet Creek timeshare and Hotel side was not available for WR points bookings, but Star Island and Cypress Palms were, so I booked Cypress Palms for 7500/night. I could not believe it.

The last 7500 point WR hotel I booked was a DUMP of a Super 8... and usually any Wyndham Resort booking is 30,000 points per night, so I don't know if this is a special promotion or what. But if you need to stay in Orlando/Kissimmee in July, look into booking Star Island or Cypress Palms using WR points. I have 295,000 WR points I need to burn.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I'd been collecting the Wyndham rewards points to use at the Turtle Island Resort in Belize, but they split off from Wyndham after a year or so. Great resort, though it's been through several owners (and last time we were there, we had to be rescued by the Belizean Coast Guard on the trip back to Ambergris Caye). Might be trying out using the Wyndham rewards points at Costa Blu this year - it's a bit away from the rest of the island, but if it's nice it might be worth it. If not, I may just shift my maintenance fee payments to my Hilton credit card.