• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Earl Turner Performs in Vegas

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Many of you know that after Hurricane Katrina and the levee breaks Earl Turner relocated to Las Vegas so he could get his kids in school in a stable atmosphere. His original intention was to return to New Orleans when Harrah's reopened there, but now he realizes that this won't be possible. Instead, starting March 2nd he's going to begin appearing in a small 250 seat room in Palace Station (called Sound Trax, used to be Laugh Trax) Thursdays thru Sundays. Ticket prices will be $35., with "locals" getting in for $25. Its bound to be a great show!

You can read about it in Mike Weatherford's Column here: http://w3t.org/u/jxa

Earl also has a homepage at:
http://www.earlturner.com

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fern, thanks for the update on Earl. The article really brought back pleasant memories from the show in NOLA. I sent him an email wishing him luck!! shaggy

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
For those of us who aren't familiar, what kind of show is this? Comedy, Variety or ?? Family oriented?

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Earl Turner is a very talented, versatile singer. He's got personality-plus. He dances as well, and sings old time rock and roll, ballads, and even does some fine scatting. If you've seen Clint Holmes, you'll think, "Earl reminds me of Clint." But that's only on the surface, and only the first time you see him.

Last time I saw Earl, it was at a benefit where Earl and Clint both performed. And you know what? I liked Earl even better than Clint. He's much more charasmatic and really knows how to have a good time.

When we saw him in NOLA, after the show he sat outside at a table and signed autographs and took pictures and talked to everyone who wanted to speak with him...and it wasn't to sell anything, just cause that is how he is.

I can hardly wait for his show to start. I'll be there.

Fern

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Earl's current web page doesn't do him justice...so I went back about a year, with the help of the "wayback machine" and here's what his old pages said about Earl and his show:
The music is high energy and pulsating - the lighting intensified - then with the grace of a star, a wink and a smile...behold...the face and voice of Earl Turner. You are dazzled and swept away willingly. He glides effortlessly across the stage to driving rhythms; the audience is magnetized by his incredible voice and provocative dance moves. You realize you are involved in an amazing experience. The ride continues - as he leaps off the stage into the audience singing and personally acknowledging every human spirit in the room with either a handshake, hug, kiss, that wink or a smile. It is his charming rapport that makes him an every man and you feel like one in a million.

Earl Turner is the quintessential entertainer. He is dramatic and comedic - he impersonates and originates - he dances and sings - he disarms and charms. He plays five instruments and can sing everything from Gospel to Rhythm and Blues, Country to Pop, Standards to Rock and Roll! He commands the full spectrum of music and vocal range, making each performance individual and original.

photo_experience.jpg
Earl settles in for a moment - talks to you as though he's known you a thousand years.You are laughing - because he has great style with wit and you can identify with the anecdote he is sharing. He seamlessly segues into a poignant and dramatic theatrical presentation of the classic ballad "Somewhere" from the Broadway play, West Side Story. The audience is stunned - perhaps a tear of two rolls down your face - he has reached your soul now. He graciously bows to a standing ovation. Earl has taken your breath away and he's just about to give it back! An up-tempo gospel tune, Stomp, suddenly has you up out o f your seat...up on your feet...singing...screaming...dancing!

Earl Turner leaves us once again to a standing ovation, wanting more song, dance, tears, joy and laughter. We feel we have witnessed a revival of the spirit, for Earl's star illuminates. He reaches and ignites our hearts. In truth there is no end to the Earl Turner experience because we walk away feeling inspired, unearthed and alive....

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for my next trip. I have to get to the Golden Nugget and now, Palace Station. Thanks for the insider tips.