• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Eagle Crest Advice needed for June 2021

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
We have a 2 bdrm/2 bath exchange here and will be heading there mid-June. I can tell this is a large resort and a big golf resort (we don't play). Is there a particular area to request? (We are exchangers, so know we have little priority, but my experience is that it is always helpful to ask nicely.) Priorities for us would be quiet, parking relatively nearby and walkable to anything worth walking to (onsite shop, gym, front desk etc).

Our unit from II is labeled YYY2 whatever that means (anyone know?).

Any advice about weather in June, restaurants etc much appreciated.

Last edited:

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I recommend exploring nearby caves, obsidian field and Paulina Lake Hot Springs.
Screenshot_20210529-125823.jpg

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
If it is open we can spend days wandering around Downtown Bend, also a day in Sisters. Between Sisters and Bend is the Bend Distillery (If open). Really good Vodka and pretty good Gin. The Guided White Water River Tours of the Deschutes might be open.

Last edited:

grammypamy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We love Eagle Crest and the 2 bedroom units are really nice. The master is almost always upstairs so be prepared for that. The river walk is great, a little steep to get down to the river but level once you are down by the river. We ate at Country Nook in Redmond and had a great family breakfast and lunch. (french toast is very good). We also heard that Croutons is a great place for soup and sandwich lunches. It was closed on Sunday so we missed it. If you like to hike, Smith Rocks is very scenic but you need a state parking pass and it seems to be very crowded anymore with hikers and rock climbers. Sisters is a fun town with lots of easy walking to shops and restaurants. Have fun.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Count us in as big Eagle Crest fans. We were just at Eagle Crest in April and our spacious, comfortable unit was beautiful. We had no complaints.

I’m not sure you can request a specific section of the resort, I think unit assignment might have to do with your check-in date. You can usually park right in front of your condo, there is a numbered space reserved for you.

There are lots of trails to walk around the resort in, the one along the Deschutes River is very scenic. Lots of wildlife, deer, birds, hoary marmots (I just love saying that). You can rent bikes, and there are stables too.

In the lower section of the resort, there is a smaller outdoor pool that is usually less crowded than the upper and lower Rec center pools.

Diego’s Spirited Kitchen in Redmond is really good, with an eclectic menu. We have never had a bad meal there. I would call for reservations.

Smith Rocks is really spectacular. Go early, or later in afternoon when the crowds have thinned out. That’s usually what we try and do and it has always worked well for us.

The High Desert Museum, a little south of Bend is a great museum with indoor- outdoor exhibits. They have just won some kind of award, the newspaper article I read about referred to it as the “Pulitzer Prize for Museums.” At one point they even had some Kiger Mustang horses, which are from a wild band whose origins can be traced to Spanish explorers in the SW. I love the River otters too.

Downtown Bend is fun but can be crowded. Drake Park is a very nice place to walk along the riverfront just a block from downtown. There are so many restaurants opening and closing, it is hard to keep up. And breweries too, we always try to sample a new one each time we go to Bend and we still have not been to all of them.

The Old Mill District in Bend has lots of shopping and restaurants also.

You will have a great time!

Last edited:

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Is this a Worldmark unit or an Eagle Crest unit? That unit number looks like a WM one. If WM, then you get what you get. For WM owners, it is based on when you booked. For exchangers, it depends on how the resort manager handles it. Some give exchangers the better unit and some the worst (Victoria). If an ECrest unit, you will get the unit deposited.
WM has a variety of units, but most are large units either upstairs or downstairs. They have a very few of the townhomes so you aren't likely to get that one. If an Eagle crest unit, you will get a townhome mostly lined up along the hill above the river or along the golf course. Some are built into the side of the hill so entry could be at the bottom or in the middle. All have the master upstairs which can get very warm. The EC unit I had 2 years ago was nicely updated.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is this a Worldmark unit or an Eagle Crest unit? That unit number looks like a WM one. If WM, then you get what you get. For WM owners, it is based on when you booked. For exchangers, it depends on how the resort manager handles it. Some give exchangers the better unit and some the worst (Victoria). If an ECrest unit, you will get the unit deposited.
WM has a variety of units, but most are large units either upstairs or downstairs. They have a very few of the townhomes so you aren't likely to get that one. If an Eagle crest unit, you will get a townhome mostly lined up along the hill above the river or along the golf course. Some are built into the side of the hill so entry could be at the bottom or in the middle. All have the master upstairs which can get very warm. The EC unit I had 2 years ago was nicely updated.

Thanks for information sue1947. The exchange (actually a Getaway) came from Interval so I don't know what kind of unit it is, whether WM or Eagle Crest. I think we will just see what we get and if we are unhappy with our unit (happens rarely), I have had good luck asking nicely if it is possible to change to a different unit.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
We stayed in a home at Eagle Crest last September but my sister and brother in law regularly stay in the timeshare until and we all love it there. Gorgeous setting, lots of pools, great place to bike. Besides everything mentioned above in the area, we really loved the Alpaca ranch near Smith Rock-definitely worth a visit and you only pay for alpaca food if you want to feed them. Bend has wonderful restaurants and a great area for tubing through town if you enjoy that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Thanks for information sue1947. The exchange (actually a Getaway) came from Interval so I don't know what kind of unit it is, whether WM or Eagle Crest. I think we will just see what we get and if we are unhappy with our unit (happens rarely), I have had good luck asking nicely if it is possible to change to a different unit.
Then it's likely an Eagle Crest resort and you will be in one of the townhomes. Location wise, they are all nice with different views but in similar locations near the sports center and golf course.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You all were absolutely correct! We are in the Worldmark townhomes and they are really lovely. We just got here but already love it. The resort is gorgeous, nicely spread out with bike and walking paths and lots of greenery. We are looking forward to our week!

[Our only glitch so far was getting to the Trader Joe's in Bend, which we thought would be a quick stop on our way north. Whoever designed that mega-shopping disaster should be shot. I have never seen such a nightmare of a surface shopping center. One of Dante's circles...]

[Husband just got back from a trip to Redmond to the Safeway. Apparently also a tricky navigational maneuver and he has an amazing sense of direction and way finding. Maybe an Oregon thing :).]

Last edited:

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Yes. Both those store (especially Trader Joe’s) are tricky.

Be sure to take the walk along the River.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. Both those store (especially Trader Joe’s) are tricky.

Be sure to take the walk along the River.
We too don’t like those stores. TJs can be very crowded. At least every time we go there….

We usually go to the Fred Meyer in Redmond.

There is another market on the road before Fred Meyer, Logan’s Market, that’s usually not crowded.

The newly remodeled Eagle Crest townhouses are very nice units. We had one last summer. The Worldmark three bedroom we had the year prior had a great view.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We too don’t like those stores. TJs can be very crowded. At least every time we go there….

We usually go to the Fred Meyer in Redmond.

There is another market on the road before Fred Meyer, Logan’s Market, that’s usually not crowded.

I am still shaking my head about that Bend shopping center that the TJ's is in. I have never lived in suburbia, but have been to a lot of mega shopping centers there that I haven't loved, but I have never, ever (and I am not young) seen anything like that mess of a shopping center.

I did go to the Logan's - very easy drive from WM - and thought it was a very nice store. And it has a hardware section!

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
[QUOTE="DAman, post: 2624369, member: 55138"
The newly remodeled Eagle Crest townhouses are very nice units. We had one last summer. The Worldmark three bedroom we had the year prior had a great view.
[/QUOTE]

We are in CV 528 on Redhawk Drive and it is a lovely unit on the golf course. Seems recently re-done and has some of the nicest furnishings we have seen. We have been able to keep the upstairs cool enough for comfortable sleeping by leaving the blinds closed all the time and the ceiling fan on (there are AC vents but apparently not enough of them). Great kitchen and great patio with a plumbed in gas line. We can see why everyone loves this place!

We did a lovely drive today to Sisters, and then down the Forest Service road 16 to the Three Creeks Lake and campground. Beautiful 30-ish minute one way drive to the lake and back again to Sisters. The last 2-3 miles are unpaved but except for a short stretch, quite OK. Almost no one on the road on a Monday and it is a small campground so quite peaceful.

And the path to the river is on the agenda also for this week John Paul. Need to go early due to the heat wave here and am working the next two days, but our unit is right near by and it looks like a great walk.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have to keep the blinds closed or the upstairs will be too hot. We had a unit on the riverside last year. We had to keep the blinds closed because it was light around 5:00am. Way too early.

The golf course view with the afternoon and evening sun keeps the units hot when there is a heat wave. It was worse when the upstairs shower area was uncovered and the sun came in though the windows.

We did a great drive past Sisters to a fish hatchery and to the head of the Metolius River. The hatchery was closed due to Covid but we did a great hike along the river.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We did a great drive past Sisters to a fish hatchery and to the head of the Metolius River. The hatchery was closed due to Covid but we did a great hike along the river.

Thank you DAman for the Metolius River suggestion! My husband is a huge outdoor person, and hiked a lot of the Pacific Crest Trail in his younger years, including to the top of one of the sisters, but he didn't know about this river. He has already booked some camp sites for a trip he is doing in July and I am looking forward to some hiking there this week.