• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

E Plus Retrade in II question

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an upcoming exchange for March 22 to 29. Circumstances make it impossible to go at that time now. I would have liked to push that exchange off till mid November but when I attempted the retrade it would only allow me to go out as far as May 17. I can get the same resort for mid May but I can't and don't want to go then either.
My question is, if the retrade only lets you go 3 months out, can I use each of the 3 retrades to push my exchange off till Mid November, i.e. keep retrading at 3 month intervals until I can get a week in November? There is plenty of availability at Grande Luxxe and I would still like to go there but now I really need to go later in the year.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
With eplus when you get within 59 days, the limit becomes 59 days from the current exchange date. So whether you exchange no or March 21 the furthest out for the first retrade is mid May. Once you make that exchange you can immediately go out another 59 days and then a third and final 59 day. It won't get you to mid November.

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
With eplus when you get within 59 days, the limit becomes 59 days from the current exchange date. So whether you exchange no or March 21 the furthest out for the first retrade is mid May. Once you make that exchange you can immediately go out another 59 days and then a third and final 59 day. It won't get you to mid November.

Looks like That will only get me to September 16. Not what I would have hoped for. I'll have to consider alternatives. Thanks for the answer

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Looks like That will only get me to September 16. Not what I would have hoped for. I'll have to consider alternatives. Thanks for the answer
I believe, and another tugger can chime in, that after you do all your eplus trades, you can call to get a replacement week that is good for one year. You will have to pay the trade fee again, can’t get eplus on it and are limited to what is available 60 says prior. So in September you can trade for November.

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe, and another tugger can chime in, that after you do all your eplus trades, you can call to get a replacement week that is good for one year. You will have to pay the trade fee again, can’t get eplus on it and are limited to what is available 60 says prior. So in September you can trade for November.

Well that is sounding a bit better. Avaliability for Grande Luxxe doesn't seem to be an issue especially in November.

I know you are not supposed to rent out exchanges but I see there is an option to get a guest certificate for that exchange (for a fee of course). Could I try and rent the 1 bedroom I have out and put the renters name on the guest certificate?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well that is sounding a bit better. Avaliability for Grande Luxxe doesn't seem to be an issue especially in November.

I know you are not supposed to rent out exchanges but I see there is an option to get a guest certificate for that exchange (for a fee of course). Could I try and rent the 1 bedroom I have out and put the renters name on the guest certificate?
You are not suppose to rent an exchange. It is against the rules. You will lose your week and membership if they find out. If you have a friend that can use the week you can put their name on the guest certificate.

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are not suppose to rent an exchange. It is against the rules. You will lose your week and membership if they find out. If you have a friend that can use the week you can put their name on the guest certificate.
I actually havea friend who might use the week. Does my name have to appear on the guest certificate as well as hers or can the guest certificate be in her name only?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I actually havea friend who might use the week. Does my name have to appear on the guest certificate as well as hers or can the guest certificate be in her name only?
It has to be the name of who is checking in.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Just be careful that if your "friend" pays you anything they don't tell anyone that they did, even if they have a problem at the resort, etc.

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just be careful that if your "friend" pays you anything they don't tell anyone that they did, even if they have a problem at the resort, etc.

She actually is my friend. We both own a timeshare and I have put her on guest certificates before she got her own timeshare so she knows the drill.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
She actually is my friend. We both own a timeshare and I have put her on guest certificates before she got her own timeshare so she knows the drill.
No problem in that case.